• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, fest at RJ's Saturday night, if enough people show up hes buying pizza for everyone. Im talking to him on skype and he said:

'4 ppl pizza hut. 10+ im getting the pie.'

Come on guys, lets make this happen. Smash and free food, what more could you ask for? You know Ill be there, may even bring some people along.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
ive talked to the kafe and i was told that fight club was not renewing the 3rd saturday anymore
so i canceled the smash portion of it for this saturday.
i happened to call them back and this saturday is still available
if there is enough interest, i will re-reserve if everyone wants to
prolly gonna do a fb page to hold all the info for future events

fest
where?
my place

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
*Insert comment about Smash Boards being back up*

So Neumont is gonna hold a Melee and Brawl tourney sometime around mid November. As of now the date and time are TBA. Everyone is invited. We want this to be as big as possible. We will most likely have a Single and Double tourney for both games with a buy in around $10-$15 and maybe even a light-hearted free-for-all elimination (where non tournament stages are allowed)with a really low priced buy-in, something around $3. I would like to start the tourney around 10am-12pm and we can go to late night if people want to and the university approves it (there is a weekend where we get a day off for grading in the middle of the quarter. That's the only way the school can approve a late night tourney and that's the day we're shooting for). More information will be released within the next month as well as a post on the tournament forum once we set everything in stone.

143 South Main St, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111

Any suggestions and feedback are appreciated.

This is the first time we have run a big tournament in a long time so for those who have experience running a tournament we might be looking to you for help. We want to make sure we're doing this right and all help is appreciated.
I have one question for now:
When is the best time to start?

We have a couple set ups so most likely we'll be asking people to bring in set ups.

Also, we would like to get this streamed but we don't have a capture card. If anyone knows of any decent cheapish capture cards that we can buy let me know.
OR
If anyone would like to stream for us or know someone that would be willing to stream for us, that would be accepted as well.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
first of all buy in should be no bigger than 10$
15 is way too much, thats how much apex was and your not apex
5-10$ is best

and setups need to be CRT
so however many we can bring will be the setups
considering both melee and brawl singles and dubz
and if we can go into the night (past 9pm)
noon should be good
like how big will melee be 8 people? lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
*Insert comment about Smash Boards being back up*

So Neumont is gonna hold a Melee and Brawl tourney sometime around mid November. As of now the date and time are TBA. Everyone is invited. We want this to be as big as possible. We will most likely have a Single and Double tourney for both games with a buy in around $10-$15 and maybe even a light-hearted free-for-all elimination (where non tournament stages are allowed)with a really low priced buy-in, something around $3. I would like to start the tourney around 10am-12pm and we can go to late night if people want to and the university approves it (there is a weekend where we get a day off for grading in the middle of the quarter. That's the only way the school can approve a late night tourney and that's the day we're shooting for). More information will be released within the next month as well as a post on the tournament forum once we set everything in stone.

143 South Main St, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111

Any suggestions and feedback are appreciated.

This is the first time we have run a big tournament in a long time so for those who have experience running a tournament we might be looking to you for help. We want to make sure we're doing this right and all help is appreciated.
I have one question for now:
When is the best time to start?

We have a couple set ups so most likely we'll be asking people to bring in set ups.

Also, we would like to get this streamed but we don't have a capture card. If anyone knows of any decent cheapish capture cards that we can buy let me know.
OR
If anyone would like to stream for us or know someone that would be willing to stream for us, that would be accepted as well.
If your gonna have a lot of people there, you'll want to start it as early as possible.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh and @Neumont tournament, I can help run it if you like, I did the seeding, match calling, etc for the first Neumont tournament and Id be willing to help again if you need me.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I'd be down for saturday depending where it's at! I get off work at 2 so I should have plenty of time.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
yeah I remember playing you at your place a few months ago you had a pretty good grasp on what was going on ingame
problem with taking public transit on saturday is the buses stop at some ludicrous time like 6pm
makes it kinda impossible for me to get to rj's tomorrow unless somebody drives
kafe tho? we need to take a quick poll or something
i'd much prefer to play at the kafe because it's way closer to me and i save a lot of time on travel and i can stop at dat city cakes on the way for some based vegan muffins

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
anybody driving to rj's from the downtown slc area?
6am edit-well i'm waking up at like 2 so if anybody is going to rj's before that from my area, call me 217 370 6174
i have a dota tournament in the evening so i might just not go at all depending on the scheduling

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Gkirbz says:

can you tell the boards my phone is busted and to msg me on fb if they need anything?
no one is on fb or id just tell pp

Top Bottom