• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Office Hours of Dr. Jekyll MD
(Mid-day Melee/P:M Smashfest)
Friday, November 29
201 E. South Temple Ave
Starting at Noon, or whenever people can make it
Ending sometime in the evening (between 8PM and midnight)

Snacks provided, bring a couple of bucks for pizza in case people get REALLY hungry
I have 2 extra TVs, so if a couple of people can bring cubes, we'll have a minimum of 3 setups

If you want to attend, just PM me for further info.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
@Ebo, are you still playing. I'd run over if you are.

Edit: WTF...was that posted yesterday. Why is Smashboards hiding posts from me until I post something? I didn't see the last 3 posts until just now...lame

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Office Hours of Dr. Jekyll MD
(Mid-day Melee/P:M Smashfest)
Friday, November 29
201 E. South Temple Ave
Starting at Noon, or whenever people can make it
Ending sometime in the evening (between 8PM and midnight)

Snacks provided, bring a couple of bucks for pizza in case people get REALLY hungry
I have 2 extra TVs, so if a couple of people can bring cubes, we'll have a minimum of 3 setups

If you want to attend, just PM me for further info.
count me in

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I'm down to smash anywhere near SLC tonight. I leave for Cali tomorrow for the rest of the week

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im down to go basically anywhere for smash tonight, need to break in my new controller and I dont have work.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Even if that somewhere is... OREM?

Pending on what's going on tonight for me, of course, I may be itching for some smashies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
RJ just messaged me on FB and he wants to host a smashfest at his place tonight at 6.

If you want to go, text him at 801-815-0145.

Ill be going for sure.

EDIT: And I wouldnt mind going to Orem for smashfests, I drive to Orem every other day for work, Im used to it lol. I almost went to the one a couple days ago, but I had work and was super tired so instead got extra sleep.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I'm down for a smashfest at RJ's

EDIT: It's official! I'm going to RJ's tonigh!

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody, first post here. Utahn Smasher looking to get into the competitive scene. I've been practicing and playing with a friend of mine, but I'd like to play with people who have more experience. What do I need to do?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Where do you live? Then find the closest smashers and play. Go to tourneys and smashfests as much as possible. Look up your character online and depending on what game you play, practice the tech.

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Alright alright, sorry. I've played brawl for years but I'd really like to play melee more. Either way I guess.
21/m/slc
or west valley really... not sure if that matters.

Where do you live? Then find the closest smashers and play. Go to tourneys and smashfests as much as possible. Look up your character online and depending on what game you play, practice the tech.
I live right around 4000 south and west. Any smashers near there? Been practicing tech for a little while, now I wanna try it out.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
What matters is that you live in Salt Lake County and not Utah County, and that you want to play Melee more! The closest person that lives to you that plays Melee is probably Buzz, but he's been inactive as of late. I live in Rose Park, 1 minute off of I-215 at 700 N, and I solely play Melee and Project:M.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@Hatch: Welcome! Glad to see you're being taken care of :)

@PC: Good thing he's not in Utah county? What's THAT supposed to mean? Hmmm?

@Devon: Totally signing that.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So just FYI for all of you.

I was talking with our gaming club and I brought up how you guys were interested in monthlies and we're thinking it might be a possibility but even if we do start up monthlies we won't be starting until January or February, in other words, if we're going to do monthlies we're waiting for our next quarter. I also brought up biweekly friendlies so that's in discussion too. This goes for both melee and brawl. I think monthlies have a good chance of happening but biweeklies are less likely but still possible.

tl;dr Neumont smashers want to be more active and host more events.

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
What matters is that you live in Salt Lake County and not Utah County, and that you want to play Melee more! The closest person that lives to you that plays Melee is probably Buzz, but he's been inactive as of late. I live in Rose Park, 1 minute off of I-215 at 700 N, and I solely play Melee and Project:M.
That's not too far away. How do I go about, well, actually playing with you?

To be clear I'm not very good right now... Don't wanna disappoint expectations.

@Tsuteto Thank you very much!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
PC is a great guy that I'm sure would love to play with you and help you improve.

@Super: Even monthly friendlies would be awesome, especially since most of you are melee based, from what I understand. Plenty of brawl events are going on.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
@PC: Good thing he's not in Utah county? What's THAT supposed to mean? Hmmm?
It means that I don't live in Utah County. :chuckle:
That's not too far away. How do I go about, well, actually playing with you?

To be clear I'm not very good right now... Don't wanna disappoint expectations.
Right now, I'm pretty busy with school (as the end of the semester is coming up) so I'd rather not do any spontaneous Smashfests. I usually don't want people I've never met before coming to my house, anyway, so it's best if you introduce yourself at an upcoming tournament or something. Not sure when the next one in Salt Lake County is, though.

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Right now, I'm pretty busy with school (as the end of the semester is coming up) so I'd rather not do any spontaneous Smashfests. I usually don't want people I've never met before coming to my house, anyway, so it's best if you introduce yourself at an upcoming tournament or something. Not sure when the next one in Salt Lake County is, though.

Right, I'm a bit nervous about the same thing. I guess I'll keep practicing and try to make it to a tournament. Unfortunately I work every Saturday, so it's difficult to get anywhere. Still, it's a place to start. Thanks!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Would wrist surgery count as a legitimate john? I just woke up from anesthesia a so hopefully this post manes any sense
What you have surgery for Kenny?

Right, I'm a bit nervous about the same thing. I guess I'll keep practicing and try to make it to a tournament. Unfortunately I work every Saturday, so it's difficult to get anywhere. Still, it's a place to start. Thanks!
Worried about getting your butthole plundered eh?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I had a ganglion cyst removed. Funny, I don't even remember posting that first post haha. They said it should be about a 4-6 week full recovery

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
INTERJECTION!

The annual Winter Sandycade Lock-in is coming! The night of Dec 13, be prepared to get your game on! $10 per person for attendance, with pizza being provided! There's also raffles going to happen this time around (you get to choose which raffle to put your ticket in, and then if you wish to buy additional tickets, you can).

Details at the following Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/476490275804460/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

I will be bringing my Wii with Smash Brawl, Melee, and Project M. If you wish to bring your own you can, but we also invite you to explore the event as a whole ^^

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I had a ganglion cyst removed. Funny, I don't even remember posting that first post haha. They said it should be about a 4-6 week full recovery
I have one of those on my left wrist too. Need to get it out but 6 weeks? F I need my wrists to work and stuff.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i live on 7th east and 1st avenue and am down to play melee whenever but i don't have a setup (yet...)

also wangston didn't you say you don't need your melee disc anymore? can i buy that off of you?
and does anybody have a gamecube/memory card they want to sell

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
i live on 7th east and 1st avenue and am down to play melee whenever but i don't have a setup (yet...)

also wangston didn't you say you don't need your melee disc anymore? can i buy that off of you?
and does anybody have a gamecube/memory card they want to sell

I do have an extra memory card but it's got my wind waker stuff on it D:
I'll just do some magic gamecube memory transfer stuff so that way you'll have a memory card with not only 100% melee but even some Harry Potter Quiditch, Sonic Battle 2, and Super Mario Sunishine! :D It just gets better and better!!! *feels like he's breathing in sunshine and rainbows*

The only problem is that idk how i'm going to get it to you. I'm pretty free this weekend so i'll come out to any even that you go to.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I have one of those on my left wrist too. Need to get it out but 6 weeks? F I need my wrists to work and stuff.
Well, it will be fine after 1.5-2 weeks am I'll be able to use it and I can take the brace off but they said it should take 4-6 for a full recovery, whatever that means

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
So just FYI for all of you.

I was talking with our gaming club and I brought up how you guys were interested in monthlies and we're thinking it might be a possibility but even if we do start up monthlies we won't be starting until January or February, in other words, if we're going to do monthlies we're waiting for our next quarter. I also brought up biweekly friendlies so that's in discussion too. This goes for both melee and brawl. I think monthlies have a good chance of happening but biweeklies are less likely but still possible.

tl;dr Neumont smashers want to be more active and host more events.

i will literally ride the train to every single one of these

Top Bottom