• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm not gunna go to the tournament today guys. have fun and i hope brawl is as hype as doubles was last time :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If anyone wants to hang out sometime let me know. My number is 801-885-1875

I'm working a lot right now but maybe we can get lucky. I'm in Riverton area right now

MVP

Smash Ace
supposedly there's an event going on at Weber state this week. i'll have to check it out and get more info for you guys

___X___

Smash Lord
Hey guys thanks so much for coming to my tournament!! Shout out to Vegas!! I love them so much!! So sorry that not many people came as I expected, the snow did so much damage. But to make up for it, I'm going to host another tournament in Feb and I PROMISE there will be guaranteed more than 50 people. I PROMISE. With so much time ahead of me I'm positive I can make it happen. Again, sorry if you guys were displeased with the turnout, or how fast the tournament ran. I want to say thanks so much for taking the time out of your guys' busy schedule to come to my tournament, especially on such a weather hectic day. It means a lot, really. I'm still learning from mistakes I make in tournament and I will keep applying them to more and more upcoming tournaments!! Doubles and singles were so hype!! Vegas too good!!

I'll give you the top 4 for each since I know most of you are going to be asking.

Doubles,
Lycan and Zombe
X and Lada
Staz and Ozzy
Ken and Yaz

Singles,

Lycan
X
Lada
Zombe

I can not put into words how much I appreciate you guys!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
As Zz mentioned, yes, Salt Fest registration is open! So go register and taking advantage of the early bird special (or the SUPER early bird special that's only for the first 20 people, of which half is gone)! There will be Melee, Brawl, and Project M over the weekend, both singles and teams.

If you are doing TEAMS, then please keep in mind only ONE person needs to sign up for you and your teammate. I will gather teammate info at the tournament or just prior to the whole event.

Plenty of time to start practicing! Chris is holding tourney's, Kafeneio's is going on regularly, and we have things like APEX before hand to study your characters on! Let's get HYPE!

www.saltfest.org

MVP

Smash Ace
Me and Jackyl are having a smashfest tomorrow and a crew battle to celebrate PM3.0, anyone care to join?

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Chris could you put up the complete tourney results, not just the top 4? I wanna see where I placed.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
As Zz mentioned, yes, Salt Fest registration is open! So go register and taking advantage of the early bird special (or the SUPER early bird special that's only for the first 20 people, of which half is gone)! There will be Melee, Brawl, and Project M over the weekend, both singles and teams.

If you are doing TEAMS, then please keep in mind only ONE person needs to sign up for you and your teammate. I will gather teammate info at the tournament or just prior to the whole event.

Plenty of time to start practicing! Chris is holding tourney's, Kafeneio's is going on regularly, and we have things like APEX before hand to study your characters on! Let's get HYPE!

www.saltfest.org
Man! Why is it so expensive. It's like a total of $25 just to enter brawl singles.

I See

Smash Apprentice
[quoe="socandrewcer, post: 16070826, member: 114428"]Man! Why is it so expensive. It's like a total of $25 just to enter brawl singles.[/quote]
Its good, cause that means, this tourney has the largest payout of all payouts! Plus I hear there are babes around the venue, so I think its worth it. I don't even have a job, and i'm still gonna enter.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Hey SLC people, I'm heading up to Bountiful tomorrow for MVP/Jackyl's PM 'fest.
Leaving around 7:30 PM and probably heading back around 11:30.
If anyone wants to go and needs a ride, send me a message and we'll work it out.

MVP

Smash Ace
If anyone wants to go and needs a ride, send me a message and we'll work it out.
its gunna be hella fun guys. the more the better (sorry for the late invitations)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If you've seen the venue for salt fest you'd understand the venue fee. It's a really big, nice building on U of U campus. (I'm assuming it's the same venue) It was an awesome tournament with tons of entrants and oos players came too. I know a bunch from Vegas have already confirmed they're coming this year. It's going to be a hype tourney that you don't want to miss.

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
i'd be down my numbers 856 906 0054 let me know before you leave i might be able to make it

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah salt fest is the one tournament you need to come to
honestly if you don't go to salt fest you shouldn't even be considered an active player in the community
also Moroni 4:20 of the book of mormon reads: "Thou shalt pre-register for salt fest, lest ye suffer eternal damnation before the weepings of the lord thy god"
a lot of people don't know about that verse but it's there
---
also, i'm down to play tonight but i want to be asleep by 9 so I don't think I can go as I'd be a wet blanket who needs to catch his bed time

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
yeah salt fest is the one tournament you need to come to
honestly if you don't go to salt fest you shouldn't even be considered an active player in the community
also Moroni 4:20 of the book of mormon reads: "Thou shalt pre-register for salt fest, lest ye suffer eternal damnation before the weepings of the lord thy god"
a lot of people don't know about that verse but it's there
---
also, i'm down to play tonight but i want to be asleep by 9 so I don't think I can go as I'd be a wet blanket who needs to catch his bed time

That's impressive you know that scripture haha :chuckle:. Is the brawl tournament all day on Saturday or is it Friday or Sunday too? Can I sign up now for the pass and later sign up for doubles when I get a partner?

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Btw is it just me or is the P:M site down? I can't get the download from there, anyone wanna link me anywhere else I can?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@Ken Neth: Yes, it will be the same building. Some layout changes may occur, but we are in process of figuring that all out as we also secure panelists and what not.

@Tomacawk: It's true, right there and everything in the TGV of it.

@socandrewcer: You're more than welcome to do that! Smash will be over both days, but I will be keeping the singles and doubles together. If you want to sign-up later with a doubles partner, it's not problem. You most definitely want to get a badge up front though :)

@Anyone going the the LOCK-IN this FRIDAY NIGHT and stuff: Brawl- tourney. No entry fee (there's already $10 for "venue" fee, and this is a joke tournament anyway). Prizes for top three. Character selection is entirely random to make it more entertaining. Stages will be the standard neutral stages for Brawl to keep that aspect as even as possible.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im in. Ill also do a free PSASBR tournament, my brother might even be able to come, woooo.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yo Rj said to post that he is holding a fest tonight at 7 at his place. I'll be there. :D

FelixTrapper

Smash Rookie
New here, been playing smash since the 64 days. I've got a few friends that like playing too, hopefully we can attend some events soon.

I'm in South Ogden

MVP

Smash Ace
Our smashfest was a success. many people showed up and was super fun! hope to see you all next time!

New here, been playing smash since the 64 days. I've got a few friends that like playing too, hopefully we can attend some events soon.

I'm in South Ogden

PM me bro, lets play some time

Top Bottom