• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'll be aiming to release a schedule by early January, but no later than the end of January in worse case scenario.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
there's really only 2 things that matter in my life right now
1. enough time to regularly crank my joystick if you're picking up what i'm putting down
2. people are pre-registering for salt fest
420. sacred herb

alright i guess 3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Already pre-reg'd like, 2 weeks ago. Confirmed as being one of the first 3 people to register for anything.

Get on my level nerds.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yo I'm in town fiendin some melee. Anybody good tryna play this week? I'm in Sandy

Oh and quote my message plz. I assume this thread is active and I don't wanna check it every time

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Yo I'm in town fiendin some melee. Anybody good tryna play this week? I'm in Sandy

Oh and quote my message plz. I assume this thread is active and I don't wanna check it every time
I will play with you. Whenever before Thursday.

Do you have a setup? I can go there. Maybe get some people from SLC to come too (Jekyll?).

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I am, but looks like C!z is in Sandy. I'd be willing to drive up to the more centrally located SLC though if we got together for melee.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm really busy Tuesday (2 finals and work) and a bit so on Wednesday (work after 3 PM) so I can only do Wednesday before 3 if it's with Tuesday (the Smasher). Tuesday (the day) is going to suck... >_<

And you should change that name... It made what I said more confusing than it should be. :p

I'm totally fine with Smashing on Friday or Sunday whenever, though.

Tomacawk

Smash Master

this weekend is best for me, as i work m-f until 4:30
we can have the fest at my place but i don't have any setups so you'd guys have to come through in that regard
we'd need 2 setups to pop it off and i own 3 chairs so there's that too
if there aren't any other options then we can poverty smash in my crib ya dig
also i get off work in south jordan pretty close to the front runner so i can transit to any frontruner station after work if we wanna do it that way, but i can only stay until 8 or so so i get back home at a decent time

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

Ciz, how long are you here for? I know PC mentioned it, but I'm too lazy to look back. I might be free monday-tuesday next week to play some melee with you or maybe late sunday evening. This week is hard for me with finals.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Finally done with the quarter.... passed all of my classes and all I want to do is play melee.... anyone wanna play some smash over at Neumont?

Edit: Reading through seems like people are planning something so nvm

Tuesday

Smash Ace
You could plan something at Neumont. That way nobody has to really host. Would anyone be down for tomorrow at Neumont?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
my face reading your post
I had my speakers muted and I was dead tired from pulling an all-nighter studying for two final exams, so I didn't even flinch one bit to that. LOL

Finally done with the semester, though. My last final was weird. First ever final I had where it was scheduled for 2 hours, but the majority of the class finished in literally 10 minutes. And there's a good chance I got 100%, too. And it was also scheduled in the exact same room and time as another class's final, so that was interesting as well.
Ciz, how long are you here for? I know PC mentioned it, but I'm too lazy to look back. I might be free monday-tuesday next week to play some melee with you or maybe late sunday evening. This week is hard for me with finals.
IIRC, he leaves on the 27th. And from the looks of things, maybe I'll host a small Melee fest on Sunday. Due to family circumstances, I can't have too many people over, so I'll probably just invite a few of the top Melee players and also those that truly want to get better at it.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Finally done with the quarter.... passed all of my classes and all I want to do is play melee.... anyone wanna play some smash over at Neumont?
You could plan something at Neumont. That way nobody has to really host. Would anyone be down for tomorrow at Neumont?

Tomorrow at Neumont...Today at Neumont...Everyday between now and Salt Fest at Neumont...
If it's at Neumont and at a reasonable time, my answer is yes.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Ya but I got it now. I'm just saying, it's a great venue and nobody has to host, and if I don't specify something soon it won't happen soon, and I leave for Texas on Thursday.
Superw0rri0, would it be possible to arrange something for tomorrow?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Also, would we need to bring setups, or are there CRTs at Neumont?

I have a parking space in my apartment building that someone could use if the situation is really that bad. The spot is 3 blocks away, and I'd have to be there to let you in, though.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I in fact leave on the 27th. I wouldn't mind playing before Sunday as well. I have a good tv and cube, but no melee.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
parking at neumont is ass but it could not be any more trax friendly
neumont melee tomorrow sounds great with me, although I won't be able to be there until 5:45ish
sunday is fine with me too

let's try to play before tuesday starts saying yall again with his kin

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'd be down for all day, but we really need Superw0rri0 to confirm, since I don't think we can do anything there without him getting it set up lol.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Sorry guys... I forgot that I was moving apartments today and well... it's obvious now that this can't happen. I'm heading to California tomorrow for the holidays so i won't be available for a while.

In other news I got some info for our gaming club's plans in regards to Smash:

Before I go on just know that we finished our quarter today and Winter quarter will start in a month. Our gaming club met last week and here are our plans in regards to Smash Bros. We were very happy with our tournament and we're looking for more ways to be involved in the Utah Smash scene. We're most likely going to host friendlies this coming quarter, when and how often is still being decided. I'm voting for biweeklies. Sadly, we're not a planning a tournament for next quarter. I don't understand why this decision was made but for some reason the man in charge doesn't want to run a tournament two quarters in a row. In our coming meetings I will try to talk to people and change this. If it were up to me I would be running monthlies. Finally, what I consider to be the best news, is that anyone at anytime may come over to Neumont and play friendly Smash. The only thing I ask is that you message me that you'd like to come and I can give you the times for when best to show up, but hold off until our next quarter starts since none of the smash players will be here.

Again... sorry for the whole inviting people over and not getting back to you guys.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Okey dokey then, would anyone be willing to host in SLC tomorrow then? It's my last day and I really want to get some practice for the tournament this weekend. Otherwise, anyone is invited to come over to my place in Provo. I can move the TV to the couch, and I have space for more if people bring setups.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I just remembered that my apartment building has a couple of meeting areas. I may be able to book one for this evening. I'll need to wait until the office opens in an hour or so to look into it.

If this pans out, it'll start at 5:30 and run until 11-ish, or the meeting area closes.

Expect an update in a couple of hours.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Fest at a tanes on thursday
maz and ebo lets do this
rocky too

No invite for me? What?
U must be scared of my brawl'dorf.

Smashfest update:
It's on! Still waiting to ask about the meeting room, but we'll just smash in my apartment if it's already booked.
Also, I have parking in a nearby garage secured for up to 6 cars. There's additional parking on the street as well.

201 E South Temple, SLC
If you're coming, PM me with:
  • Are you bringing a setup?
  • Are you bringing a car?
  • Around what time will you be getting here?
I'll reply with directions to the parking garage and my phone#.
All are welcome, but if I can't get the meeting room, I might have to cap it. (Update on this soon)

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
if anyone wants to come over for melee that be cool i have a okay amount of space in my apt and a tv just no setup

nevermind didnt see Jekylls post

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Where all the Northern Utah Smashers at?
This is why Northern Utah Smashers aren't as cool as Southern Utah Smashers -_-

Top Bottom