• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Awesome! P:M once again reached the entry cap of 384 (after it got raised twice) at Apex 2014 by the end of the registration period, while Brawl only got 351. Hopefully that shuts up some people *coughdevoncough* about it never getting big.

EDIT: Hm, Brawl went up by 1, to 352, recently. Probably one that was slow to process or something.

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ur really gettin ur come uppin's huh devon :colorful:

im actually intrigued a bit more by pm since we last played pc because i watched a bit of m2k play and he was playing mario and **** and the commentators were saying that the game plays out actually differently than melee and it really is it's own game. i'm gunna practice mario if he's really as good as they were saying. next time pm is around i'm gunna practice wavedashes oos in fact, time to stop being a grumpy rigid old man and adapt to new tech skill

idk if it can ever get huge due to nintendo not backing the user-made mod tho (think cs and dota and how valve has made these games explode by supporting them)

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Awesome! P:M once again reached the entry cap of 384 (after it got raised twice) at Apex 2014 by the end of the registration period, while Brawl only got 351. Hopefully that shuts up some people *coughdevoncough* about it never getting big.

EDIT: Hm, Brawl went up by 1, to 352, recently. Probably one that was slow to process or something.
cool story bro
you think it will have longevity and get numbers still
haha nope

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You think Brawl will have longevity and gets numbers still (once Smash 4 comes out)?
haha nope

At least there will still be more reason to play P:M than Brawl once Smash 4 comes out for the majority that play each respective game.

I don't want to go attacking Brawl, but I had to say something along those lines with Devon posting something like that.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Brawl: 352
Project M: 384
Melee: 625
64: 157

Man brawl sure looks like a dying game.

-Final-

Aria♪
Good thing they raised the cap for P:M AGAIN, cause every time I have checked the site before now, it has been full. Including me, 399 entrants now.
And damn, 625 entrants for melee. Doesn't look like that game's going to die any time soon

Now I just need a doubles partner for Melee & Brawl :/

-Mars-

Smash Hero
P:M numbers....new game just came out technically so of course a brand new game is going to draw numbers, pot monsters will flock to this, get owned and not be back next year. And cmon now most of the Project M entrants are entered in melee as well since its essentially the same game. I doubt there is a large number of players travelling to Apex to play Project M exclusively let's be realistic here

Melee numbers, really dedicated community who are all older now and have jobs to support flying for smash + the game has no wifi so your options are offline or nothing.

There's a large part of Brawls community that plays online only

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Why is this even being talked about? who cares how many people signed up for which game? just seems like arguing for the sake of arguing to me

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Besides, everyone knows that Nintendo's best competitive game is Pokémon.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why is this even being talked about? who cares how many people signed up for which game? just seems like arguing for the sake of arguing to me
this is a message board buddy, people debate and have discussions about various topics relating to their common interests, shocking i know. Perhaps you'd like to change the topic? Maybe tell us what you had for lunch today?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone really cares, TBH. But there's been enough "Melee is dead" trolling to justify a jab or two back.
:p
Now I just need a doubles partner for Melee & Brawl :/
I might need a partner for Melee as well. I won't know until after the deadline (which may have been an hour ago).

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
this is a message board buddy, people debate and have discussions about various topics relating to their common interests, shocking i know. Perhaps you'd like to change the topic? Maybe tell us what you had for lunch today?
literally 1 post above you is a topic change lmao

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So is there any interest in that Vegas Melee tourny? i think we should show support considering how close it is and Vegas coming out to salt fest and stuff

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
The only night I'm available to smash is friday night. Anyone wanna do anything that night/dayish

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Who would be down for a smash fest/STD on friday? I could host it here, or if someone wanted to host one in salt lake closer to the venue for the tournament that would be cool too.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i'm late to this but i've wanted to say it for a long time (even tho pc already said it) and it finally seems appropriate

smash 4 is going to kill brawl, utterly and instantly. did any of you play halo 2 when halo 3 came out? it's gunna be just like that.
how ironic will it be if smash 4 is the easiest game yet and all the brawl players can't stand it because of the newbier tweaks LOL
----
but for real you guys are homies i'm just playin' around, no real hate here.
hurr durr
....do I know you? did we meet in the midwest many years ago?

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
i'm late to this but i've wanted to say it for a long time (even tho pc already said it) and it finally seems appropriate

smash 4 is going to kill brawl, utterly and instantly. did any of you play halo 2 when halo 3 came out? it's gunna be just like that.
how ironic will it be if smash 4 is the easiest game yet and all the brawl players can't stand it because of the newbier tweaks LOL
----
but for real you guys are homies i'm just playin' around, no real hate here.

....do I know you? did we meet in the midwest many years ago?
I think you meant to say that's what was supposed to happen with smash 2 (melee) when smash 3 (brawl) came out! haha jk bro

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
you act like brawl never had a great 5 years

pm will not last that long

maz
we've went to vegas almost a dozen times
they should come to our state more

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Devon I think they're mostly trolling. It's just that you were dissing on their game earlier, so they're kinda poking fun a little when their game beats out yours.

No offense meant, I'm sure. :)

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
You could say that ;)

I like to think I know the Smash scene around here pretty decently now though. I could be wrong.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You could say that ;)

I like to think I know the Smash scene around here pretty decently now though. I could be wrong.
You're not initiated until you go to a Tane or RJ STD fest. Those are best fests IMO. Rated Nc-17 for profanity and nudity.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I will be going to Vegas, anyone who wants to ride with me may do so. Bonus points if you can drive part of the way so I can nap.

Top Bottom