• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I haven't seen that one in its entirety.
Also, I find it odd that you pick now of all time to get seriously into competitive Brawl.
Haha don't misunderstand; I have no intention of getting competitive. I just got in the mood to try and get a little better, something I've never even attempted before. Might as well since people here actually play, something that can't be said for anywhere else I've lived.

Flaz

Smash Rookie
Had a blast at the tournament last weekend. Learned what true smashing meant! Decided to check out Smashboards since you all recommended it. Glad i can be part of the community!

Next tourney will be mine for the taking :grin:

Jekyll

Smash Ace
So many new players, and I'm so bad at faces.

@ Tuesday Tuesday What's the itinerary for this saturday? Is anyone staying for day 2? Will I be forced to squeeze into your stylish, but small car?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
im down for some melee but lack a full setup :|
im gunna assume that's a known fact by now but just wanna make it clear when i say "ill play"

Tuesday

Smash Ace
So many new players, and I'm so bad at faces.

@ Tuesday Tuesday What's the itinerary for this saturday? Is anyone staying for day 2? Will I be forced to squeeze into your stylish, but small car?
I don't know who's staying for day 2, but I most certainly am not. I'm probably taking my roommate's car, which is normal sized. And it's incredibly hard for me to plan when nobody seems to want to confirm. So far it's me, my roommate, and his brother 100%. His brother's roommate is like 30%, and we got a guy in Cedar City who I'm pretty sure is 99%, since IIRC he already bought his ticket. So if the one dude who might not go doesn't, and you do, we'll have 5 people and will only need to take one car. If we pass that magic number into the realm of 6 or more, We'll take 2 cars, mine and my roommate's. Nobody else has said anything for sure, but a couple people have "murmured interest."

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Had a blast at the tournament last weekend. Learned what true smashing meant! Decided to check out Smashboards since you all recommended it. Glad i can be part of the community!

Next tourney will be mine for the taking :grin:
Welcome!

So ya is anything happening this weekend? I'm tired of beating scrubs and playing against my friend's campy peach. The thirst is real......

Tomacawk

Smash Master
after what sinzzz was tellin me about modding a wii, pretty sure that's what i'm gunna get
man getting laid off throws a monkey wrench in a lot of my plans
bet the head of that company plays brawl, badly, and mains dk

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Ive been craving to Smash multiple people with my black, 8 inch controller. Anything going down this weekend?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i will gladly host a fest this weekend but we'll need a full and half setup minimum i think
i'm in the avenues near downtown SLC
anybody else want to host or have enough interest to come out?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
@ Tuesday Tuesday - It's looking like I won't be able to make Vegas this time. I'm going to be playing catch-up at work this Saturday. :(

@ Tomacawk Tomacawk - If it's running later in the day, I may be able to stop by. Not sure how long I'll be working, but I'll probably be free sometime late afternoon / early evening.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
@ Tomacawk Tomacawk , in light of your situation, I'm willing to make an offer. I have an extra cube and copy of melee I'd be willing to let you borrow until you can find your own. No memory card though. Unfortunately I can't just sell it to you, since I really do need multiples for tournies. If someone from Provo or Ogden goes to your place this Saturday, I can just send it with them.

@ Jekyll Jekyll QQ

Tomacawk

Smash Master
nah hang on to your gamecube man, I don't want to have to hold peoples' things for safe keeping unless necessary. I'm gunna figure something out.
more details to be announced, seems like smashfest at my place will be just what the doctor ordered. I'm likely going to schedule it for saturday afternoon, does that not work for anyone?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Wait wait wait, were you laid off too?
I'm lucky that I ended up with an option to relocate to CA, but I'm not 100% that it's going to work out due to timing.
I've just got a few days off to think things over / negotiate.
It sucks, but I'm not nearly as bad off as a lot of people on my team.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm lucky that I ended up with an option to relocate to CA, but I'm not 100% that it's going to work out due to timing.
I've just got a few days off to think things over / negotiate.
It sucks, but I'm not nearly as bad off as a lot of people on my team.
Wow, that's horrible, but still could be much worse. Good luck, and while I do hope you stay in Utah, think of the tech skill you'd acquire just from absorbing Cali's Melee-enriched sea-breezy air.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
smashfest at my place, saturday, 1pm
8o1 two59 five6ate8 text me for directions and stuff, please don't come without letting me know [directly] first

ROFL how is somebody going to anonymously ding dong ditch a gamecube + melee at my front door and not even stay to play
well thanks whoever :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
"Last edited by a moderator: 45 minutes ago"
oh my god. so we have a regular smashy claus going around the neighborhood, and we have a moderator sneakily editing my double posts into a single post, rather than infracting me for double posting again LMAO
what is going on around here

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
"Last edited by a moderator: 45 minutes ago"
oh my god. so we have a regular smashy claus going around the neighborhood, and we have a moderator sneakily editing my double posts into a single post, rather than infracting me for double posting again LMAO
what is going on around here
i thought it would be nicer if i just merge 'em all rather than give you infractions because infracting people is lame :>

Tuesday

Smash Ace
alright so which one of you has been reporting my double posts but isn't reporting these guys
benedict arnold amongst us

also, double post (for sciene),
does anybody here play terraria?
He merged your post with mine! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Even Fox McClaus makes mistakes

...except with shield pressure. He never messes that up.

Edit: Fox McClaus > Foxxy Claus

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If they're only allowed to moderate a certain area, shouldn't they have restricted access to just that area for moderation privilege?

Top Bottom