• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
HUGE FREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT AND IN CAPS BECAUSE CAPTAIN BIPTO DIED!

1) Been aiming to start a game playing / tournament hosting business thing for awhile. And now I have (for the most part). It's called "Gamer's Abbey", and you should give it a like on Facebook. It's still in the "starting" phase, so more should come in time. But still, you should like it on Facebook here, and follow it on Twitter @GamersAbbey. To anyone wondering, yes, in respect to my late wife. No, not the reason I'll advertise. Look up the word "abbey" to maybe get a better sense. It's a wonderful play on the word IMO.

2) What good would advertising that be if I didn't have a tournament lined up for y'all. MARCH 22ND, mark it on your calendars, all day. I wish I could set-up a pre-registration thing, but I can't currently. BUT there is a Facebook event page set-up, that you can go join in on. It will be at the "Hampton Inn & Suites" in Orem, address is 851 West 1250 S, Orem, Utah 84058 (it's right off the University Parkway exit basically). I'm doing a TON for it, so it's worth a looksie. For those wihtout a Facebook page, I'll make an event here on Smashboards for ya if there's any important developments. Here's the Facebook Event though - https://www.facebook.com/events/259898977516860/

Only way the tournament doesn't happen is if between the time I talked to the manager today and tomorrow morning the guy who had "reserved" it ends up actually paying them. Doesn't seem likely though, seeing as he seems a little sketchy to them (refuses to even sign a contract). If that unfortunate thing DOES happen, I'l end up postponing it until May probably, what with a number of other things going on.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
New page. Feeling like this is almost mandatory per page now.

Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401

HUGE FREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT AND IN CAPS BECAUSE CAPTAIN BIPTO DIED!

1) Been aiming to start a game playing / tournament hosting business thing for awhile. And now I have (for the most part). It's called "Gamer's Abbey", and you should give it a like on Facebook. It's still in the "starting" phase, so more should come in time. But still, you should like it on Facebook here, and follow it on Twitter @GamersAbbey. To anyone wondering, yes, in respect to my late wife. No, not the reason I'll advertise. Look up the word "abbey" to maybe get a better sense. It's a wonderful play on the word IMO.

2) What good would advertising that be if I didn't have a tournament lined up for y'all. MARCH 22ND, mark it on your calendars, all day. I wish I could set-up a pre-registration thing, but I can't currently. BUT there is a Facebook event page set-up, that you can go join in on. It will be at the "Hampton Inn & Suites" in Orem, address is 851 West 1250 S, Orem, Utah 84058 (it's right off the University Parkway exit basically). I'm doing a TON for it, so it's worth a looksie. For those wihtout a Facebook page, I'll make an event here on Smashboards for ya if there's any important developments. Here's the Facebook Event though - https://www.facebook.com/events/259898977516860/

Only way the tournament doesn't happen is if between the time I talked to the manager today and tomorrow morning the guy who had "reserved" it ends up actually paying them. Doesn't seem likely though, seeing as he seems a little sketchy to them (refuses to even sign a contract). If that unfortunate thing DOES happen, I'l end up postponing it until May probably, what with a number of other things going on.
So what you are saying is don't ask for work off until after tomorrow

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If that unfortunate thing DOES happen, I'l end up postponing it until May probably, what with a number of other things going on.
Wouldn't May be a bad month, with Salt Fest already being that month?

New page. Feeling like this is almost mandatory per page now.

Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401
Just post after every single other person's post with it. It's not double posting if you do that. ;) j/k
(And I quoted the address, to make it even more noticable. LOL)

Edit: I forget... where's Game Vault, again?

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
not to be confused with Gayme Vault
69 Washingman Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401

how surprised was i when i walked into the gayme vault

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
@ Tsu... I'm not sure i'll make it... I'll have to see whether I'm on break or not for that weekend which means I'll be in Cali. But hopefully I can make it... this sounds like it's going to be big. And I like big ;)

IIKahl DrogoII

Smash Rookie
I imagine for these tourneys you don't want anyone who is new to the game do you? Maybe not new to the game, I guess I mean really really rusty.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Been well. Just going through something called life. It's okay, but i think a refund is in order, or at least a gift card of some sort :p

Been a number of years though definitely. What about yourself dude?

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I imagine for these tourneys you don't want anyone who is new to the game do you? Maybe not new to the game, I guess I mean really really rusty.
We are all srcubby/new/rusty players at some point... we don't judge you based on how good you are... just come over and have fun. If you suck no one cares as long as you don't be a **** about it and instead are willing to take advice, learn, have fun, and grow as a player.

If people were elitist pricks about your skil in this game the scene would be dead

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Yeah same here, I've been working for the same company for over 2 years and going through fixing some paperwork so I can go back to visit you guys or possibly even live nearby. It's just a matter of time until I get a response from your government haha. Other than that, game-related , I've had the opportunity to meet so many smashers while being inactive for the past 4 years haha. I've met everyone in the Mexico smash community including some OoS(I guess it would OoC for me ) smashers such as Cash Mooney, Atlus and Rickity .
The first is from FL, and the other are from CA. In fact M2K was in a neighboring city about 6 months ago haha, I just didn't meet him.

I'm hoping to get back into it, so when I go back to visit, it'll be as if nothing ever changed :p haha

Btw I'd like to just point out that it's sexy that some of the accounts here have a join date of over 6 years ago haha

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401

Also...
The Sakurai says in the latest pic of the day that basically we're not gonna have any more of those "A" spam moves and all auto combos end in finishers...

Last edited:

IIKahl DrogoII

Smash Rookie
Ah man I dunno my friends and I are a little intimidated. We'll see. What is the Salt Fest Perfect Chaos mentioned?

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Fest at my place tonight at nine SEVEN PM, possibly earlier!!! BRAWL ONLY BECAUSE **** MELEE

It will definitely start at 7 because Devon isn't hosting, and will go as late as you hoes want.

Text or call for info: 8012287211

Super edit: roflroflrofl at Devon being karma banned.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Ah man I dunno my friends and I are a little intimidated. We'll see. What is the Salt Fest Perfect Chaos mentioned?
I'll give you a heart to show that we all love you
<3

Rant:
Why is there no heart emote?

We can but idk who all wants to do it!?
I'm down

Lets do Melee crews this time.

Speaking of crew battles... Yo Tsu... do you think we can get a Utah Vs Another State crew battle for Salt Fest? i think that would be sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I can now confirm ChuckWaffles, Sinz, and I will all be going to the tournament on the 8th. Which means you better prepare yourself Tuesday, because I'm coming for you. Those Ice Grabbers are going down.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If people were elitist pricks about your skil in this game the scene would be dead
Sadly enough, this scene was on the verge of dying because of newer players feeling not welcomed due to various people in the past. I'm glad that's no longer really an issue as of recently.

Btw I'd like to just point out that it's sexy that some of the accounts here have a join date of over 6 years ago haha
Rocking my 2002 join date!

Is there a Utah Smash group on Facebook?
Facebook might be more convenient for some, but our scene uses SmashBoards as the overwhelmingly dominant form of notifying the scene of events. That doesn't go so well when trying to get new people, that don't already know of SmashBoards, to come, though. We're like the opposite of Arizona's scene in regards to this. At least we've recently starting using facebook, somewhat.

Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401
No point in posting this if it isn't in big text like before...

Lets do Melee crews this time.
Tomacawk, Jekyll, Tuesday, and me vs. the rest of Utah!

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The best thing to do is just go to tournaments and smashfests and play people for experience. You can figure out which characters fit your playstyle best as you go.

Top Bottom