• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
I practiced meta knight for a couple hours in brawl the other day

I feel tournament ready

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i was purposely overexaggerating but w/e
guess i'm the kind of comedian to walk into a black comedy rap and make nothing but racist jokes lol

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey, updated the event page with some additional information (and a new way to save off the venue fee). Go check it out HERE

Remember, if you're bringing a set-up, you need to let me know ahead of time to qualify for the discount. Best part right now is we primarily need Wiis and TVs, which I will give a full $5 discount for (I've got extra copies of Brawl, TVs are probably the hardest thing, seeing as I'm sure I can get 6 more Wiis between now and then, but I'm not about to pull your chance for a discount away from you, and I'm stopping rambling now).

Going to be testing for a stream set-up tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well. If it does, yay us!

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Btw I noticed you switched your Brawl main to Mario. Is that cuz I 2 stocked your Sonic in tournament?
real talk dude i love playing sonic but i suicide like once a game. marios not as fun but i definitely give people a harder time with him

i started working on diddly kong last night in some friendlies

i like diddly kong

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Hey Tsu I can bring a full set up.

I wanna carpool with people to provo cuz it's freaking far.

But.....I need to beat some scrubs I haven't played yet

Tea Loop

Smash Cadet
Hey, updated the event page with some additional information (and a new way to save off the venue fee). Go check it out HERE

Remember, if you're bringing a set-up, you need to let me know ahead of time to qualify for the discount. Best part right now is we primarily need Wiis and TVs, which I will give a full $5 discount for (I've got extra copies of Brawl, TVs are probably the hardest thing, seeing as I'm sure I can get 6 more Wiis between now and then, but I'm not about to pull your chance for a discount away from you, and I'm stopping rambling now).

Going to be testing for a stream set-up tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well. If it does, yay us!
Did you need a copy of Melee?

QraQ

Smash Ace
Not really much in utah county. Most people where like me and dismissed pm as just another brawl hack. However since, 3.0.2 has come out I sat down and actually played it. It is really good, it has everything I like from brawl and melee into one nice package. So here in provo/orem we are starting to play it much more.
I don't see how you guys don't make it your main game over Brawl. It basically fixes the fundamental reasons why people hated Brawl and reserves on Melee. I think the community is becoming, if not bigger than, Brawl.
It's good to know you guys are starting up with it though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No, you have to laser camp him and don't get grabbed by the edge. If he grabs you near the edge the double fthrow to dair is guaranteed. Devon says the matchup is even, but I sincerely disagree, as does mars. 60/40 IMO because laser camp can win the game if you don't get grabbed into an early spike
i am a bit late to responding to this, but yeah

Fox is a strange Brawl character because when played at a really high level he has the potential to be very good in pretty much every matchup (minus a couple of really stupid ones), but no one plays at that level, and if they do it's not consistent.

As Fox you absolutely need to learn to powershield Marth forward air. Usually Marth forward air in Brawl is pretty much unpunishable by anything but projectiles, but you're Fox and you run really fast and are able to realistically punish them if you play it right. No matter how well Marth spaces you can punish any forward air if you powershield it. (Sonic is similar actually)

I can put the matchup very simply: Your general plan should be to force approaches with Blaster > punish approach attempts. It's harder than it sounds honestly because you're Fox and you're REALLY light and have crap horizontal momentum cancelling. If you screw up you get grabbed and take damage (or die if you're near an edge) or you get tippered and die at some ludicrously low percentage. You need to stay either really close or really far away.

Match up is easily 60/40 Marth's favour (or +1 in the new matchup ratio thing), but I could see it being even if played perfectly.

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
real talk dude i love playing sonic but i suicide like once a game. marios not as fun but i definitely give people a harder time with him

i started working on diddly kong last night in some friendlies

i like diddly kong
I was just trolling tbh, but yeah your Mario was a lot tougher to face. Diddy Kong is pretty sweet as well.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
i was purposely overexaggerating but w/e
guess i'm the kind of comedian to walk into a black comedy rap and make nothing but racist jokes lol
I know you know there's more to the game, there was just nothing comedic about your post. That's the type of junk brawl players have been getting for the past 5 years by people who don't understand the game, so it isn't funny anymore to anyone really.
I don't see how you guys don't make it your main game over Brawl. It basically fixes the fundamental reasons why people hated Brawl and reserves on Melee. I think the community is becoming, if not bigger than, Brawl.
There are quite a few PM players in UT and more are getting into it. I'll try and practice it a bit next week once all my tests are over since you guys are coming and that's your main game. I've only played it two or three times though so don't expect anything special out of me.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you're right, it's like people who still say "luke i am your father" as if that wasn't the first phrase i was old enough to start disliking
i haven't been the one dealing with that joke for 5 years so it was funny to me but yeah

i'll do better next time

wangston

Smash Lord

Yeah, I like it because it takes out all the camping of Brawl and it's not super fast like Melee so I can actually do some combos and other cool things. Its a breath of fresh air, it feels like a new smash game that was really well thought out. Honestly I haven't played much of smash lately or gone to any tourneys because I'm sick of brawl on a tourney level but still like it for smashfest.

MVP

Smash Ace
Yeah, I like it because it takes out all the camping of Brawl and it's not super fast like Melee so I can actually do some combos and other cool things. Its a breath of fresh air, it feels like a new smash game that was really well thought out. Honestly I haven't played much of smash lately or gone to any tourneys because I'm sick of brawl on a tourney level but still like it for smashfest.
you can still do all the flashy speedy insane stuff like in melee too though :)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Being the person that got C!Z into Smash, this makes me a little proud. LOL Can't help but think, "Our little C!Z is all grown up, now!" XD
For those new to the scene that think you'll never be any good because you're losing your first two sets in tournament, listen to this: C!Z would get 4-stocked by me game after game when I first got him into Smash. But he kept at it, wanting to play people better than him daily (he pretty much bugged me to play him every day LOL), and now he could even 4-stock me in matches sometimes. So yeah, people who are losing now shouldn't give up if they are willing to put in some effort.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Ah, I remember our number of disputes he and I had. Also remember saying he could four stock me in brawl, and proceeded to repeatedly run into my up smash XD

Hope he's doing well.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
This was at the beginning when it was still 4 stock for tournaments in Brawl. They changed to 3 stock some time during my mission.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I can hold a smashfest at my place this Saturday anytime from 10:30 am to 8:30pm. Any game. Let me know cuz I just got a big crt!

Top Bottom