• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Yea it is, apparently Ken Neth and Dark Ryu might be there today. Should be a good turnout tonight

DarkPancake

Smash Cadet
That was a fun tourney! GGs to Kenny & everyone else I played whose names I will continue to forget. Sorry!! I remember Kenny because he was the only one who took a game from me. Everyone else; step it up. (lol jk you guys are all awesome)

Knils

Smash Rookie
Alright guys some friends and I have played since 64, but we want to actually start paying competitively. So yea excited to be here and hopefully see you guys around. We are all in SLC/Sugar House, and down to smash most nights.

net1234

Smash Ace
Alright guys some friends and I have played since 64, but we want to actually start paying competitively. So yea excited to be here and hopefully see you guys around. We are all in SLC/Sugar House, and down to smash most nights.
hell yeah sugarhouse bruh we shud smash sometime
any game is chill

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
it is the first tuesday of the month, so the provo game den weekly will be doing a melee tournament as well as a wii u tournament (contingent on availability of systems) with a $3 buy-in for each. we will waive the $5 venue fee if you bring a wii u, smash 4, and a gamecube adapter. as always, we'll start streaming around 7:30pm at http://www.twitch.tv/gamersabbey. we'll be sure to post here when the stream is up.

@ net1234 net1234 you really think most people are smash 4 players? you aren't :-p.

also does anyone want a free crt tv? i have 3 and want to get rid of one them.

Last edited:

Valor08991

Smash Rookie
Hey guy's I'm new to Smash Boards but love the smash bros games and can't wait to hang out with everyone here.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ This.

I mean, look at Lucario's Japanese name: ルカリオ (Rukario)

Same exact thing.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
be careful not to conflate the myriad of asian languages. that's primarily a japanese thing. they are the only one's who don't have the english /l/ sound in their language. other asian languages have it, but are just restricted on where they can say it (in the case of korean, very restrictive to the point where they commonly have a fused /r/ /l/ sound too). kind of like how you would never start with a /ng/ sound at the beginning of a word in english even though that's acceptable in cantonese and such.

anyway, tangent aside, thanks to all those who came out. we had our biggest turnout yet for the game den weekly with 23 entrants for melee. in melee, the placings were:

1. Lada
2. @Death Arcana
3. @Staz

in smash for wii u, the placings were:

1. X
2. Lada
3. @Staz

the videos are up on youtube (melee playlist / wii u playlist), but the encoding settings i used weren't good, so some videos are choppy. check out the past broadcasts on twitch for a smoother video. because they'll be removed by twitch in a week or so, remember that you can download the videos using twitchtools. i'll try to mess around so the videos on youtube are acceptable as well.

as always, tell us what we can do to improve the stream or the weekly. thanks!

Valor08991

Smash Rookie
yup went to the weekly down at game den yesterday, but me being primarily a PM player I didn't do so good in melee, did a couple warm ups for the Wii U tournament and I honestly think I could've made it pretty far with lucina if I didn't have to leave early, can't wait till next week.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh you guys, I was talking about the K, not the R, I understand the language, believe me. Like, I assumed it was ルシナ. I was just angry at the localization team's decision here.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Uh you guys, I was talking about the K, not the R, I understand the language, believe me. Like, I assumed it was ルシナ. I was just angry at the localization team's decision here.
#RageQuit

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
I finally have a computer that can run GC emulators, so I'm going to set up netplay. Hit me up if you want to play - I'm still not as good as I want to be.

LifeLine

Smash Rookie
I thought it was PM yesterday in Provo. My melee experience is ruined. Any fests going down this week?

Top Bottom