• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
need more drama here

the forum i mainly frequent recently had a Thunderdome of Bull**** megathread and it turned immediately into ad hominem attacks and most of us getting banned. gotta love heated discussion. then one of our married members had an affair with another user from canada who has ****ty teeth. just another day in the life of jimmy nutron

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, something similar to L-Canceling was just found in Smash 4, only it's harder to do (close to frame perfect) and doesnt work on every aerial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHWz-9F7c

The way it works is, if you hit with a move the frame you're about to land, then fastfall on the same frame, you'll cancel your hitlag and immediately go into landing lag, generally cutting around half to 2/3rds of your lag, so move that you can land during the same frame the hitbox comes out work with this (ie most moves, mostly just uairs wont work).

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Guys, something similar to L-Canceling was just found in Smash 4, only it's harder to do (close to frame perfect) and doesnt work on every aerial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHWz-9F7c

The way it works is, if you hit with a move the frame you're about to land, then fastfall on the same frame, you'll cancel your hitlag and immediately go into landing lag, generally cutting around half to 2/3rds of your lag, so move that you can land during the same frame the hitbox comes out work with this (ie most moves, mostly just uairs wont work).
It's a shame it doesn't work on shield. Good stuff though.

Last edited:

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
@ Z'zgashi Z'zgashi The description you provided is definitely wrong for Falcon. Looking at it frame by frame it looks like C.F is going through his landing lag and hitstun at the same time (You can tell he hit the ground by the dust cloud.) The source video is much more interesting

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@ Z'zgashi Z'zgashi The description you provided is definitely wrong for Falcon. Looking at it frame by frame it looks like C.F is going through his landing lag and hitstun at the same time (You can tell he hit the ground by the dust cloud.) The source video is much more interesting
...No, my description is correct, he goes through them at the same time because, how it works, is that on the last frame before landing, if your character's model touches the ground at all (aka Falcon's toes in the gif and Falco's toes in the video), your fast fall will instantly ground you in the middle of your hitlag, which cancels hitlag and instantly skips to landing lag, hence the last frame thing. Look at the Falcon gif, he gets the dust cloud for landing right as the move connects, because he Fast Fall Canceled the hitlag, then look on the left, the landing dust cloud doesnt happen until after because he didnt cancel it.

Basically how it works is you trick the game into thinking you're grounded due to the character model clipping into the ground by inputing a fast fall the first frame of hitlag, which for whatever reason instantly puts you into your landing lag.

Oh and btw, that video as also in my post lol

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Weekly tonight! Smash for Wii U starts at 7:30, with Project M afterwards. Venue fee is $5, with the entry fees being $3 per division. Venue fee is waived if you being a Wii U system, with adaptor and unlocked game. I will not accept late entries, so make sure you're there on time before hand.

Also, no stream this week as Nqztv is out of town.

wangston

Smash Lord
Devon beat Darkpancake? Darkpank cake bodied everyone at the BYU tourney including Kenny. Lol, good **** Devon. If I would have know you were coming I might have gone.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
whos coming to vegas next month i MIGHT be able to house extra people

BBNathan

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. I'm BBNathan, nice to meet y'all. Currently living in Provo and just started my first semester at the U, looking for some homies to smash with. I pretty much exclusively play Sm4sh at this point because it's the only game I own. (Also the first smash I've taken the time to be decent at) Hit me up!

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone. I'm BBNathan, nice to meet y'all. Currently living in Provo and just started my first semester at the U, looking for some homies to smash with. I pretty much exclusively play Sm4sh at this point because it's the only game I own. (Also the first smash I've taken the time to be decent at) Hit me up!
when you say "the u" i assume you mean the university of utah

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
U=

net1234

Smash Ace
FEST AT RJS TONIGHT 2522 horseshoe circle go to the house at the back of the driveway 2nd floor. 6:30 pm until dawn. Lagless benq smash 4 or melee!

Last edited:
Top Bottom