• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Junpappy

Smash Lord
LAYNE!!!! YOU ARE T3H UBER AWESOMENESS!!

Count me in for both if you end up being able to go.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
I might go depending on the date and my school, pretty sure I'm not that busy. Another idea, we should carpool to TX for HOST2. There's going to be a big samus battle, I need to represent Utah.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I just thought I'd bump this thread to mention there's a possiblity of us carpooling to a couple EVO tournaments. The first is in LA in June. It's right after Comic-con, an even I may be attending with Snafu Dave, so I don't know how this one will boil down. Getting to the EVO Vegas finals though, that's going a very good bet, I'll probably take my van down to that one, so we'll probably have room for 7 people total. I'll keep everyone posted on how thinks look with me heading to either.
we should all tip in to get portable gamecube equipment for you van so we can play obn the way.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I have a portable LCD screen that you guys can use (perhaps some of you've seen it attached to my GameCube already) as long as you guys promise to make sure to not to damage it. Sometimes there's no sound, but that can be fixed by moving the wire a little (the one that hooks only the GameCube). If you guys want to borrow it, just tell me ahead of time when you plan to leave, and I'll plan a time where we can meet so I can lend it to you.

lengeta

Smash Ace
For those who are too lazy, the dates are:
EVO-West (L.A., CA): July 27-29
EVO-World (L.V., NV): August 24-26
(Click here for the website)

They don't have the rules for Smash up yet, but I'm sure they'll match MLG's closely, if not to the "T."

Again, way too early to tell, but the early results show I'll most likely be heading to EVO-West with SnafuDave, and there's a high possiblity that there will NOT be extra room in the car (he's gotta pack a ****load of merch). I'll still see about taking my van instead of his car (a much worse ride, but better/more company). EVO-World looks most definate. Texas... I'm definatly not willing to drive that far, sorry Laozy.

As for rides, I'm sure when the time rolls around there will be a lot of us wanting to go, a good posibility more than I can take. If it comes to it, I don't know how I'll decided who to take... yeah, just throwing that out there. Now it's up to all you to make sure I'm good enough to take on the competition. I mean, pretty soon I'll be better than all of you, I basically am already, so, yeah, step it up for me, I mean seriously, come on.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If you can't make it to the Vegas one Layne, I'll be driving there for sure. I'm not sure yet about the California one though....9 hours is a long drive.

Ancient_Shadow

Smash Cadet
The barren desert of St. George, Utah-land of foot
Here's a newcomer for ya!

I'm Ancient_Shadow as you probably have already noticed and I live down in the St. George area.
I've already met Xsyven and I have a friend who also plays. Neither of us is very good but that's probably due to a lack of competition.
Just droppin you guys a note to let you know that S. Utah's smash scene totals 4 now.

Umiwarrior@hotmail.com-Email
Skippy_Enraged@hotmail.com-MSN

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
EVO? LAS VEGAS?

STOP BY IN ST. GEORGE!

If you guys have some time, you should come early and play with me for a day. :(

Honestly though, if you get bored of traveling, and to get to Vegas, you DO pass right through here, you should call me. I'll come and beg more and more as the date approaches.

And if there's room in any of your cars, I might hop in one.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Xsyven, that might actually be an awesome idea. I don't know what your housing situation is down there, but we could maybe spend the night there once rather than renting a hotel in Vegas a day longer. We should definatly run a small touny while we're around.

Also, it's awesome to see the community is still growing. Welcome to the boards, anchient_shadow.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
I have a question, I have been through Smash Wiki and was wondering what it took to be in the Smashers list.

Do I have to go to at least to one tourney, submit a video or what?

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
You can just add yourself if you want to be on the list. However, I suggest going to a real tournament before actually calling yourself a smasher, tho.

lengeta

Smash Ace
*Que sexy music*

Also, someone was asking for community reps to discuss "FC" plans? Anyone know what this FC is?

lengeta

Smash Ace
FtS, you should hit this thread if your wanting to go. WAAAAY too long of a drive for me (22hrs), and I can't afford air-fare right now.

Small update on EVO West though. I will not be heading to Comicon, so if I do head to EVO West, more than likely I'll be taking my mini-van. I'll go ahead a say my van is also heading to EVO Finals in LV for sure. Also:

...the back-seaters can now play Smash during the drive! We just need a smaller TV. There's 13" between my front two seats and I have a little nightstand that's perfect. The other option would be to have it hanging from the roof over the front seats somehow, but I don't know how to go about that.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
XP...is there any local official tournaments coming soon? I can't afford any time or money for a road trip.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Is this weekend soon enough?
Viq's comment would have made more sense to somebody who has read our PM conversation. His parents don't want him meeting anyone over the Internet, so we figure the only hope is to get him to an official public tournament (Play 'n' trade, Neumont, etc.). At one of those, he could meet Utah smashers in person without going to their house, and hopefully afterward, he could come to tournaments because he would know the hosts.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
Viq's comment would have made more sense to somebody who has read our PM conversation. His parents don't want him meeting anyone over the Internet, so we figure the only hope is to get him to an official public tournament (Play 'n' trade, Neumont, etc.). At one of those, he could meet Utah smashers in person without going to their house, and hopefully afterward, he could come to tournaments because he would know the hosts.
Thanks for defending my position;) , so yes I won't be able to meet unless I know you personally, which I could use the opportunity of these major events to be able to gain real friendships instead of ones over the internet. My dad is very strict about this.:dizzy:

Thanks Takalth :)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
That's....going to take a while. Good luck >_<. People who are actually good rarely go to those... Most of us don't even consider those to be tournaments. I'm not talking about Neumont, tho. Neumont is hosted by us, lol.

lengeta

Smash Ace
You could always host a tourny, Vyquinsum. XD

But seriously, it's a pain to get some sort of venue to run the tourny, and it's going to be the same people running it anyway, the only difference is we have to pay to use the venue. It's rare to find a tournament that's ran publicly for any game, especally locally. Some of my personal friends and I will be heading to Ninja Turtles opening day if something like that would work, it'd have to be some other public event than Smash.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
You could always host a tourny, Vyquinsum. XD

But seriously, it's a pain to get some sort of venue to run the tourny, and it's going to be the same people running it anyway, the only difference is we have to pay to use the venue. It's rare to find a tournament that's ran publicly for any game, especally locally. Some of my personal friends and I will be heading to Ninja Turtles opening day if something like that would work, it'd have to be some other public event than Smash.

Host?! If I did that I would be banned from the internet for as long as I live in my parents house...:urg:

anyway I know what you mean about the scarce amount of venues that are in Utah and even scarcer if they included Smash Bros.:(

...grrr, It is really hard to find venues...I googled it and all I got was a mess of websites XP

I suppose if I am not be able to make contact with you smashers I guess I can make video clips of what I can do...which reminds me, how often does the host record tournaments? I would really like to see how good you are; and if there is already videos of Utahn smashers can anyone direct me to the videos?:ohwell:

Junpappy

Smash Lord
There are links on the first post for videos, but they are very old videos and everyone has gotten better since (except Gojira).

If FTS is hosting a tourney then there's at least one tv/vcr that's recording matches so you'd have to ask him for videos.

Gojira

Smash Lord
There are links on the first post for videos, but they are very old videos and everyone has gotten better since (except Gojira).

If FTS is hosting a tourney then there's at least one tv/vcr that's recording matches so you'd have to ask him for videos.
how are you having such spelling errors ragingasian (except Raging asian)

anyway, we could hold a public tourney in the layton play and trade for no price i believe.....

lengeta

Smash Ace
If you can, you should do it, Gojira. Just make sure it's a day Vyquinsum can make it.

And I really need to get me a capture card or something, I want all my matches to be recorded so I can watch and critique myself. Then I could make a cool combo video and everyone would think I'm all godly with Falco when I'm really not even close.

Junpappy

Smash Lord

Show me one spelling error Mr. Gojira.

And if they can do it in Layton you might want to see if they can do it somewhere that's a bit closer to Vyquinzum like South Jordan.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Show me one spelling error Mr. Gojira.

And if they can do it in Layton you might want to see if they can do it somewhere that's a bit closer to Vyquinzum like South Jordan.
I do want to get a venue as close as possible to you guys yet close for roy smashers. I have 1-5 who would probably atend if the tourneys were closer to here.

-as for the error-

(except Gojira) should be ----> (except RagingAsian) :p

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
I do want to get a venue as close as possible to you guys yet close for roy smashers. I have 1-5 who would probably atend if the tourneys were closer to here.

-as for the error-

(except Gojira) should be ----> (except RagingAsian) :p
lol:laugh: *looks at "correction"*

anyways, that would be great if there was a local public smash tourny that I would be able to go to...:) :)

--------------------------edit--
*directing edit post to FTS*
I was just watching your vid from about a year ago and saw how your skills were...If that was you a year ago I wonder how well I would be going up against you now...

Top Bottom