• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Gojira

Smash Lord
I used to be black-suited, but Chao mains doc as well so I defer and play the white-garbed one :). Since then I've kind of stuck with the white. It's probably 60/40 white/black anymore. And I forgot to mention, I live in pleasant grove, which is like a 5-10 minute drive from orem (depending on where in orem you'll be). Not sure how we'll manage it.... I DO have a projector though. We'll have to see how my brothers feel about it :).
bobo that woudl be soto

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alaska is driving from FCD to OC3. Going through Utah is one of the two possible routes for us to get there. (Us as in, myself, TheCatPhysician, and Lunaris) We would appreciate housing, if possible (this is the main decider of which route to take). If anyone can help us out please check out the thread, below. I would also like to note, that we know that we aren't going through the most populated area, but that we'd like to see if anyone is around. It is far better explained by Lunaris in the aforementioned thread.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106747

complete with a haphazardly made combo video
Southern Utah isn't going, so we're housing Northern Utah on the way-- if you guys for some reason are here before the 19th (That's when you're here, right North?)

We don't have enough room for Northern Utah, since there's like, 50 people going all of a sudden. But if you guys are leaving any time before (or for some reason after), Sexy Southern Utah would love to get into your Ambitious Alaskan smashing.

We're 4 hours from Salt Lake City. 3, if you're fast.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Currently, there is only room for 5 people. As you've mentioned thousands of times already, most people in northern Utah don't have cars. I'm the only driver right now, and if that doesn't change, we will be coming down with just 5 of us.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm severely allergic to cats....but I have pills I can take if your house is covered in cat hair, dander, and evil cat germs.

Ha ha, good good! I'm glad science has finally surmounted that obstacle! But I'll go ahead and vacuum it out, wash the sheets, and throw our ionic air purifier in the room for a few days, shave the cat or do whatever else you need. Sexy Southern Utah aims to please.

Bring the pills anyways though.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I used to be black-suited, but Chao mains doc as well so I defer and play the white-garbed one :). Since then I've kind of stuck with the white. It's probably 60/40 white/black anymore. And I forgot to mention, I live in pleasant grove, which is like a 5-10 minute drive from orem (depending on where in orem you'll be). Not sure how we'll manage it.... I DO have a projector though. We'll have to see how my brothers feel about it :).
Heh, well that sounds pretty close by to me. We could probably work something out when I get a precise idea of when I'm staying and leaving.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
You have a motorhome, xsyven? *shrug*, alright :).

Sounds like a plan, unknownforce. I'll let you know if I plan anything major during the middle of august (not too likely), or we'll see when it get's closer to the month.

I could picture Junpei as allergic to cats. Don't know why. But I can.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's like, a 15 year old motorhome that just sits at the side of my house. It has two and a half beds-- the half being a weird fold out couch thing that barely qualifies as a sleeping tool.

I have a cat, too. And he's more insane than both of Devin's cats. He runs around, spreading his hair and dander all over the house, to protect our family from thieves with allergies. We owe him our lives.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What about thieves with Allegra? I think it's time to get a dog. I'm...well less allergic to dogs. :laugh:

stupid allergies

C!Z

Smash Lord
I have been thoroughly deprived of my Smash since Saturday since dam Junpee ;) only wants to play on dam Satur dam days if anybody is up for some Smash let me know I'm back livin in Salt Lake again. Word

Gideon Isaac

Smash Rookie
I am so up for some smash on Wednesday nights or pretty much all day Thursdays.
And I even promise to put up more fight(if you want to call it that) than my performance at the last bi-weekly.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I work 9-5 next week during the week, and then the next week 7-3 from then on; I almost always have no plans after work, other than zombieing out to Fire emblem or some tv show.
And of course, am always up for smash. Let's put it this way; when we drove to Idaho (like a 5 hour drive) we stayed at Buzz's house, and played like 4 hours total at night and then in the morning, and then we had a tournament, from that morning till about 5:00 or something, then we drove home. Anyway, I STILL wanted to play smash. I don't think I've ever been smashed out, excepting when I'm playing only one person and we play the same characters on the same level over and over and over and I lose every time. Even that takes about 15, 20 matches to kick in so.... I'm basically up to smash always.

The main problem seems to be location. Where are you at, colbusman? And you, Gideon? I'm in PG (which in my profile needs to be updated. I'll do that). Once we see who all is close and whatever, we should schedule a time/place.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Psh. All the cool people live in the Salt Lake area. You need to be willing to drive up here if you really want to get some smashing in.:laugh:

C!Z

Smash Lord
well I'm up for it pretty much whenever, so if you wanna set something up let me know or pm me for a cell phone number or something cuz I try to get on here everyday but usually don't so the phone is much easier to contact me.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
OMG I'm totally on there now! ^_^ You guys'll have no problem finding my house. Feel free to check out St. George's subliminally gun-shaped high school while you're at it.:laugh:

Hows the hunt for a second car for OC3 so you can take CDBobo coming along?
Well, as you (or maybe it was xsyven) already mentioned, no one in Northern Utah has access to a car so I would be surprised if we found another vehicle that we could take, or even a van for that matter.

Gojira

Smash Lord
So......................

I love smash and this community, always have and always will. I am only going to be here for 6 more months then I will be off to a good location. I am getting a big flat air conditioned room that i can rent out (for free) and hold GOOD tourneys. The place is built for multi purposre so you coudl uh call it a multi purpose room. This means im still going to be hosting tourneys. this will be the best place for utah to host tourneys so :p.

Open Package Brawl Tourney .....also featuring melee and smash 64

Date
shortly After Brawl releases.....first-second weakend after. I might do this the DAY brawl is released.

Rules For Brawl
4 stock
8 Minut tim limit
No banned stages
No banned characters

Melee Ruls
4 stock
8 minute time limit
Utah stage Rules

SmashBros. Rules
5 stock
8 minutes time limit
Banned stages i dont know so ill have to find out.

As you can see this is a big event and it will feature teams for brawl and melee only. (thos rules come later) It will be about a 6 hour tourney if it runs smoothly and it will run smoothly.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What about those of us who want to unlock Cloud and bring it on a memory card?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
hopefully we'll have enough bbqs and apple juice to go around for everyone. and i am the 2nd best in ssb64, just a below isai...that monster.

Gojira

Smash Lord
smash fest starts thursday at 11-saturday 9pm

Smash fest starts tomorow at 11am-saturday 9pm
Those who cant go to the tourney might as well come to these for some good ol practice...why ? well...........

Utah Combo Vid
After my combo vid is done we are going to make a utah combo vid. we should keep it to 6 peeps maximum so if you want to be in the combo vid start getting matches recorded.

Top Bottom