• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Pff, trust CREA to renege.
>.<.

Edit: if Lengeta needs a ride there is now room in my car for sure. So... yes. I'll call him or some such...

slave1

Smash Lord
so interesting facts leared about roy. his down tilt has the same ptiority as a fox down b. WTF. his over b has the same priority as a forward smash of mewtwo's. i dont even know about his fsmash. he can be shield grabbed but since his nair is so freakin massive you have to make sure they screwed up with their DI when attacking.

in simple terms. FP leared how to play a charecter that is a wanabee marth and is gay. except he doesnt have a tiara (or however you spell it) but that is ok, since red hair genetics are slowly being depleted from the population by next month there will be no red haired freaks. but we are stuck with the tiara.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Face it. The tiara is awesome and you know it. Are YOU man enough to wear a tiara?

I think I'll wear one to the next tournament.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Whoa... you sure it was ME you were talking to, BC? I don't have the 23rd asked off as of now, but I'll try to do that today (might be too late though). CDBobo, were you driving up there and back on Saturday, or were you planning on spending the night anywhere?

If I do end up going, I'll try to snag my friend's Wii for some good Brawl times. I've gotten the dual-layered, full version of the game working. It's so flipping sweet, Subspace Emissary has some movies so sweet it will blow your freaking mind, and it's long as sh**.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's not me. :/

Well, I work Saturday next week, but there's one more person I can ask to cover it for me. I'll know tomorrow night if I'm able to go to Idaho for sure or not.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
LOL wow so i guess he might be coming then....... well whatever i don't know how he's going to get there cuz i told him bobo might drive so ya i have no idea whats going on haha:laugh:.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Laozy, you and I could team, yeah. Just make sure not to destroy me with missiles :D. I kind of have free reign with my schedule atm since it's early; what do you guys want to do? We could drive up Friday, sleep, tourney, drive back, or just drive up Saturday and back Saturday, or...? Hopefully there isn't a blizzard (amirite layne??) :p.
Yay Idaho... :D

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
You could even stay after the tournament and leave the next day cuz we have lost of places for people to stay right now:).

Also i might be in Utah for a little bit over my spring break probably the 14th 15th and 16th so someone should have a bad *** STD of something. I talked to Staz i think and he said he might hold one so if he does and i end up coming then all of you should try to be there for SSBM and SSBB.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Right now it's just you Loazy, maybe lengeta and Bobo so there's room for more. I think Nate (FTS) should go cuz i haven't seen him for a while and i talked to Staz i think and he was going to maybe go or at least one of the 4 of his brothers was going to try to go. If anything you guys should definently try get that car full, we might try to do crews with a car of 5 or so from each state going it should be good.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
ehhh i speak for all my bros when i say...I WISH I CAN GOOO!

but seeing how we arnt really old enough to travel out of state alone .....we cant...ahhhh!

this sucks.......

besides even if we can go i really really doubt anyone would have room for us.....

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Laozy, you and I could team, yeah. Just make sure not to destroy me with missiles :D. I kind of have free reign with my schedule atm since it's early; what do you guys want to do? We could drive up Friday, sleep, tourney, drive back, or just drive up Saturday and back Saturday, or...? Hopefully there isn't a blizzard (amirite layne??) :p.
Yay Idaho... :D
lets drive up saturday morning and back sunday noon. i get off 12:30 midnight friday.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
the tournament starts kinda early so you might want to just leave after you get off work. I think it all starts at 11 or 12, but if you're on your way just and you're going to be late just call me and let me know and i'll see what i can do.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I also think we should start some discussion on what our new rule-set will be for Brawl. I know you all don't have it so it might be a little bit early, but we all know the down-and-dirty basics of the game. We definitely should decide how we'd like to start playing so we can get some accurate friendlies or tournaments going and decide how the current rule-set does and doesn't work. Do we want items? FSs? Stage neutrality/banning? Custom stages playable in part?

New thread? discuss it here?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I also think we should start some discussion on what our new rule-set will be for Brawl. I know you all don't have it so it might be a little bit early, but we all know the down-and-dirty basics of the game. We definitely should decide how we'd like to start playing so we can get some accurate friendlies or tournaments going and decide how the current rule-set does and doesn't work. Do we want items? FSs? Stage neutrality/banning? Custom stages playable in part?

New thread? discuss it here?

Here are what I think the rules could be, based on my observations:
I'm not going to go with the 1.1 damage ratio as of right now, as that hasn't received nearly as much testing as the regular 1.0 ratio.
I think it should be 3 stocks each, with a time limit of 8 minutes.
Items? For the time being, I think that this could be experimented on. I think if items are turned on, some items should definitely be turned off, such as the Starman, Heart Containers, Maxim Tomatoes, (Golden) Hammers, etc. Also, the spawn rate should be set to low (there is only low, medium, and high, now). I think Final Smashes should be tried out, and the Dragoon should be used at the beginning, too. Of course, there's also the splitting of item/non-item tournament issue. If this happens, then the scene just progressed in the wrong direction, IMO, so I think it should stick with items for now, as see how it does.
About stages, here is a post of mine regarding my opinions on Stage legality AT THAT TIME: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3819604&postcount=22
This is before most of the major glitches/exploits were discovered (ie.g. before Laser Lock, etc.).
Custom stages should NOT be used. It either gives the creator a bigger advantage, or it'll just be a hassle to try to spread it to all the Wiis there if it's a "Neutral Stage".

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sorry, PC. I'm against items 100%. They're entirely based off of luck, and ruin the counter-picking system.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I guess you're stuck in the 2nd-half-of-Melee mindset, which most people here are. I personally don't care whether the majority of the items are on or not. The only ones that I want to try out at the beginning are the Smash Balls and the Dragoon.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Heath, we're not going to consider the results of the first few tournaments seriously anyways so I don't see why we should ban any items other than the ones that we know are game breaking (hammer, starman, etc.).

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Well, let's be honest here (Sorry, FTS, I don't have time to read your article.)

Let's say I'm fighting a Marth. He has no projectiles, so I'm okay with not being Fox or Pit, because let's pretend that I use them JUST for their reflector moves.

He gets a ray gun. ****.

It's just messed up, completely random, and crutches the person losing. If you're kicking ***, you deserve to kick *** the entire time. You shouldn't be evened out because your opponent was lucky enough to be next to an item drop. Or maybe it's the other way around. You're losing, and you get pwnt even harder because your opponent got the item.

AND THINK OF ALL THE POTENTIAL ITEM JOHNS! And here's the clincher-- items are a valid excuse to be pissed off due to a loss.

Honestly, I love items. They're fun as hell. But when I'm kicking butt, and lose because my opponent was lucky, that's just not fun.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, you can always argue that one can memorize the location of spawn points, as well as spawn intervals. Also, I tend to not have trouble with items, especially dealing with people less skilled. For example, I was able to get first place, and Rafa-Son was able to get second place, at 2005's Anime Banzai, despite the fact that they were using crappy rules with items. But Smash Balls and Dragoon parts, I think, doesn't provide immediate advantage just by overlapping your character with the item, so they should at least be tested.

And that article was pretty insightful. But it's odd that YOU would post it, since you would ban stuff like Peach's Castle, but keep Cornelia and Onett, when they have similar problems. Isn't that a little hypocritical?

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
I personally hate to use items. Not because I can't use them, they are really fun, but it does provide an unfair advantage. As for Dragoon parts and smash balls... I see no problem with the dragoon parts since you have to collect all five parts before you can even use the dang item then there is the chance off it not even being affective. Smash balls could go either way. If you are doing well in a match and you get the smash ball, no problem you just got more advantage. But if you are losing and get a smash ball then win because of it. I could see a problem with that. To sum up the paragraph above, I vote no for items. Use items in friendlies if you must.

As for stages, I know I saw a thread around smashboards talking about proposed banned stages. Here is the link to it: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3835926#post3835926

Top Bottom