• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice

The gift will be me beating you with only 1 stock, instead of 3, so you won't feel as bad. LOL Trash talking FTW? :p

You may have experienced the gameplay, but I've analyzed Sonic like I've never done before. I know things like how high you have to be in order to not have landing lag with the d-air, edgeguarding techniques, the advance techniques in general, etc. And according to Dai-A, you don't know much of these things... ;)
But anyway, before the tournament, Layne may host another Brawl fest, so I can get experience there. And speaking of which, how's that plan coming along, Layne?
I love how you're such a nerd hahaha.. but then again you were #1 in melee so i guess it's a good thing. . . ;)

lengeta

Smash Ace
Here's how things are looking for Brawl right now. I'm free ALL day Friday and Saturday, and I'm actually free late Thursday night even. I still need to make sure my friend, the owner of the Wii, is cool with letting me borrow it. I have no reason to doubt he will, but I'm still going to make sure he's cool. I won't see him until tomorrow (Monday) night sometime though, so give me another day. Once the Wii has been secured we're set to go, but there's still some hitches. First of all, my apartment is tiny. There'll only be on game going, so we could manage, but it'd kinda suck, plus there's nowhere around here for guests to park and I don't want anyone risking parking tickets. We could really use somewhere else to play, Bobo said he might be able to work something out with his place, but he's unsure as of now.

Everyone's welcome to come play (assuming whomever is hosting is also cool), including you al-x.

So, yeah, onto other things. I'll be open for both the 14th and the 15th, so I'm down for a tournament whenever, if anyone's able to arrange it. Too bad my place is WAY to small to host. Allowing others to participate via internet would be awesome. The tournament wouldn't be nearly as cool physically, but there'd still be more players and whatnot. It would be harder to organize, but doable. You all need Skype accounts. I'll be lugging my laptop anywhere I go too, and I'll try to be open on all the messengers.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I could see if my parents would be cool with letting the house be abused on Saturday (since I know for sure people will be here this time...). Lemme try and clear that with them. I'm trying to get Saturday off so we can start around the likes of 3 or 4 or something. I'm pretty sure our basement can provide enough room, and if anyone wants to play SSBM in their waiting time for Brawl then they can use the other TV that is small, and the color being off XP

Gojira

Smash Lord
Here's how things are looking for Brawl right now. I'm free ALL day Friday and Saturday, and I'm actually free late Thursday night even. I still need to make sure my friend, the owner of the Wii, is cool with letting me borrow it. I have no reason to doubt he will, but I'm still going to make sure he's cool. I won't see him until tomorrow (Monday) night sometime though, so give me another day. Once the Wii has been secured we're set to go, but there's still some hitches. First of all, my apartment is tiny. There'll only be on game going, so we could manage, but it'd kinda suck, plus there's nowhere around here for guests to park and I don't want anyone risking parking tickets. We could really use somewhere else to play, Bobo said he might be able to work something out with his place, but he's unsure as of now.

Everyone's welcome to come play (assuming whomever is hosting is also cool), including you al-x.

So, yeah, onto other things. I'll be open for both the 14th and the 15th, so I'm down for a tournament whenever, if anyone's able to arrange it. Too bad my place is WAY to small to host. Allowing others to participate via internet would be awesome. The tournament wouldn't be nearly as cool physically, but there'd still be more players and whatnot. It would be harder to organize, but doable. You all need Skype accounts. I'll be lugging my laptop anywhere I go too, and I'll try to be open on all the messengers.
I know the distance is hella far but i will pitch in gas money for it to be hosted all the way out here in roy =D. Just keep me posted on the decided location and im down.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
lengeta said:
Bobo said he might be able to work something out with his place, but he's unsure as of now.
Revision: I spoke with my Mommy and she said it'd be fine as long as we kept it reasonably small (that is, super hardcore maximum of 10 people.. we have a big house :D). If Tsuteto can host it Saturday, I'll be good for Friday (dude... that's like, THIS Friday. Brawwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllll!!) Also of note is that I have a Projector. Yeah. That's right. And surround sound. As well as at LEAST two additional TV's people could play melee on if they wanted. Or SNES. Or SEGA genesis. if you have craving for either Zelda: LTTP or basically any SEGA game (I have a ton) played classically, I can hook you up with that too ^_^.

~Edit: In addition, if I'm hosting the one of Friday, I won't be able to give the Mexican Brigade a ride. Sorry boys... gotta set up/welcome, what not :dizzy:.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I know the distance is hella far but i will pitch in gas money for it to be hosted all the way out here in roy =D. Just keep me posted on the decided location and im down.

That's not such a great idea. It's nothing much for me, as both Roy and Orem are about the same distance away from me, but if you pay Layne's gas money to go all the way to your house, many others (e.g. Mexican Brigade, Cdbobo, etc.) will have to travel WAY farther. Are you going to pay their gas money, too? You might as well use that gas money to get yourself down here. Orem or SLC is just a better place to host it, as the majority of the Smash population is located there; Roy only has one person...which sucks for you, so you should move down here (like you said you would).

And if space is limited, then I call dibs! LOL

You know what you guys should do? AZ too good......:) - Vat- Zero
WHAT?! "AZ too good......" isn't something we can "do"...

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Hey If you guys want I could host a brawl thing on saturday. That would be awsome. I don't know if Tsuteto is hosting it or what but if you guys want I will be able to host it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm for hosting it at S@G3's place on Saturday. It has lots of room, plus, it's closer to my place! :chuckle: And it'll work out for Gojira, as well as other people who live in the Salt Lake Valley, much better as well. But then again, Layne's the one running the show, and it'll be more inconvenient for him to have to drag the stuff up North...but if he's willing, then HURRAY!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer

Orem or SLC is just a better place to host it, as the majority of the Smash population is located there; Roy only has one person...which sucks for you, so you should move down here (like you said you would).
Welcome to my world, Goji. :(

You can always host it in St. George. n_n"

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Me!!
Also, here's my contact information, which I will delete immediately (check your emails or PM me)

There ya have it. i dunno what time I'm starting, though it will be after 4:00 for sure (I get home ~3:30)

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
So, where exactly is the brawl smash fest on Saturday? I work on Friday night and I don't want to battle traffic. So, I can only make it to the Saturday one.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
~Edit: In addition, if I'm hosting the one of Friday, I won't be able to give the Mexican Brigade a ride. Sorry boys... gotta set up/welcome, what not :dizzy:.

ACK!!

whyyy!!!

awww well....

my friend is modding his wii to get jaaapppp brawl on there...he said it will probably be done by friday....

so the Mexican brigade might not even come!!(hurray for you guys!)

but we will be brawling it up here in boonieville :)

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
pc ill brawl money match you :D my f-co against your sonic. you too jira my f-co vs your boozer!?

EDIT: btw alx_clip arent you that emo kid that goes to my school :chuckle:

Staz

Smash Lord
so let me get this straight, theres a brawl smash fest at bobos on friday? and theres a brawl smash fest at sages saturday? what about thursday?

lengeta

Smash Ace
Ok, so it sounds like Bobo's Friday after 4, and Sage's sometime on Saturday. I'll try and grab the Wii early and do Thursday night/Friday morning at my place then, but no promises on me getting the Wii early. Also, if anyone does come to my place, you should probably park up at the church or something (2 blocks away) so you don't end up with a parking ticket. Here's my info (ohnos, Iz let my gard dwn agnst teh Sci***s)

Orem
Remmington Apartments
After the exit (169 I think, the UVSC exit anyway) there's a Sinclair on the north-east (left) side of the road. The apartmetns behind Sinclair are NOT Remington, Remington is right behind/above those.
1233 S. 620 W.
Third-floor apartment, building F, says F1233 on the door (west side).
My number: 435.406.9012

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
How far is Bobo's place from your place, Layne? And if you do end up getting it early, when do you plan to start allowing people into your place on Friday?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
sweet nectar (GRAMMAR PPLZ!!) of brawl fest. I haven't played it yet so no one ftw at the moment for me.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
So There is a brawl thing at my house on Saturday. Layne should be bringing brawl so thank him. The address is 1545 Trevino Road, Sandy UT 84092 So send me a PM if you are coming so i can get a count if there are to many i might have to cut off the amount of people who are coming.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
PC, my house is about... 8-10 minutes from Layne's. If that. Exit 169--->175 thereabouts... pretty quick. Coming from the Salt Lake valley, I think you take exit 178 and then just go in a completely straight line for a while (pass albertsons, go straight (the road you're on curves to the right, but no, you want to go straight) and then take a left turn, viola, my house is on the left). So getting to my place should be pretty straightforward. I'm guessing it should start around 4-4:30 (come early [4] if you want, you can help me set up :D) So... yeah. If you need my contact info again, PM me.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
The starting time for the brawl fest at my house will all depend on when Layne can make it to my house so once i know that there will be a starting time. It will probably have to end at eleven at night.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
KK i have work off on friday and i will try to get work off for Saturday, but i want to come to at least one, so BOBO and marcus errr sage i need directions

just PM me

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
Now if Sage remembers who I am, I might be able to come to the Brawl fest. I really need to come to more tournaments or at least get on here more.

Top Bottom