• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

lengeta

Smash Ace
Updated my FC. I'm busy right now though, hit me up on MSN, AIM, or Yahoo! if you want to play. I've also got Skype up and running, just lengeta again. I'm scared I won't be able to Skype AND record, which is sad.

And Xtinction, yeah, WiiKey modded to play Japanese Wii will NOT play the American release. I haven't followed it up, but a system memory wipe and re-updating might fix things, not sure. Look it up first.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey FTS, what're your thoughts on starting a Utah Brawl FC Directory in the first post? I'd rather everyone was in one spot, rather than hunting everyone down individually.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Everyone seems to be saying FtS isn't going to pick up Brawl. If that's really the case we shouldn't rely on him to update the first post, I imagine it'd be annoying for him. Time for a new thread perhaps? I'll volunteer.

Also, what ladders (if any) are ya'll going to play on? I plan on participating in MLG's, WiFi Wars, and SBR's. Just wondering if anyone else 'round here is.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Idea you could make a Utah Smash account and give to password to whoever is going to run the thread and to someone else so if for any reason the person who makes the account goes inactive you can still update the thread and then give the password to one other person so the cycle can keep going.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Everyone seems to be saying FtS isn't going to pick up Brawl. If that's really the case we shouldn't rely on him to update the first post, I imagine it'd be annoying for him. Time for a new thread perhaps? I'll volunteer.

Also, what ladders (if any) are ya'll going to play on? I plan on participating in MLG's, WiFi Wars, and SBR's. Just wondering if anyone else 'round here is.
Nate is still interested in hosting tourneys he is just kinda busy with school. Ill talk to him.

lengeta

Smash Ace
That's actually a really awesome idea, BC. The mods don't mind that sort of thing do they, like is it a violation of rules or anything dumb? If not, I think we should re-make all the Utah threads and do that, Ranking thread, tournament thread, general discussion thread, and maybe an online match-up thread.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Lets not do that yet

I just talked to nate and lets keep this thread up until nate decides to stop holding tourneys altogether. Also we might as well make a final melee power rankings so if junpei or PC sees this message we need to try to have a meeting soon.

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
i did one match on wi fi and it was way super laggy.. it was from orem to springville.. was anyone elses battle way super laggy or is it just me?

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I am still here >_> ... Nobody other than Zack bothered to ask me about anything.

I had a surprise 4 hour assignment due last night, along with some other important things. Happens every other day, sometimes more. Term ends in 2 weeks ^_^.

I don't see the problem with adding codes on the first time you play someone, compared to having a list of them.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I would be interested in seeing a final teir list and see the fanal Utah rankings for mellee before it dies completly if people could get that up that would be sweet thanks

Junpappy

Smash Lord
At this point I don't see how we can accurately create a final list based on the fact that at least half of the top ten are inactive in melee right now.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I agree with Junpei. Even a couple tournies ago, many players were noticeably lacking in any motivation :( Retired in secret, mabye. An overall melee utah smasher tier list / hall of fame / etc. if anything, would be more practical.

Zaryk

Smash Rookie
When I get Brawl I will try to put my Brawl FC up soon...

Hopefully my game will come in today if I'm lucky.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Change "Cubes" to "Wiis". That'd be pretty bad if someone brought a cube XD

Everything else looks good. Placed an input, people can condemn me or whatever from there. That's just my experience. Spear Pillar is too random, Summit is a 50/50 one (I personally just hate it, but hey, that's why there's a community), and Pork City is too flipping huge (and the chimera thingy is really cheap if someone gets thrown into that). That's about it. The only actual random stages I can think of would be the new Yoshi one (Yoshi's Island), Battlefield, FD, and Lylat Cruise. Dunno how everyone thinks of those.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't see the problem with adding codes on the first time you play someone, compared to having a list of them.
I'll collect the numbers if you want. I just think it makes things a lot easier for everyone to add everyone all at once, rather than individually.

Trust me. I've already done the same thing at two other forums. ;)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
k from what FP, Wild Child, Slave, and i have seen here is our list of broken things:
1. Sonic's FS
2. Ice climbers
3. Pit's recovery
4. Metaknight and is Nutral B for sure
5. Pika's down B and down smash

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I don't really agree with 2 and 4, but I can see why 2 is there from FP and his ridiculousness >.<. Why is Metaknights neutral B so broken..? it doesn't do that much damage and is easy to DI out of... my twin is probably going to main MK so I've played with/against him quite a bit, and I didn't think anything of that move :/. but the rest are for sure good calls... Also I've started using Ganondorf more, and I'm really starting to like him o.O. His fsmash is much faster/better, down B has PRIORITY (like, sick) and I can turn around his Warlock punch. Plus in subspace emissary I've got him with like +20 knockback and attack power [leg] so I just KILL people..... mwahahaha.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I don't really agree with 2 and 4, but I can see why 2 is there from FP and his ridiculousness >.<. Why is Metaknights neutral B so broken..? it doesn't do that much damage and is easy to DI out of... my twin is probably going to main MK so I've played with/against him quite a bit, and I didn't think anything of that move :/. but the rest are for sure good calls... Also I've started using Ganondorf more, and I'm really starting to like him o.O. His fsmash is much faster/better, down B has PRIORITY (like, sick) and I can turn around his Warlock punch. Plus in subspace emissary I've got him with like +20 knockback and attack power [leg] so I just KILL people..... mwahahaha.
Mabby we just have a hard time di ing the nutral B and if FP would try someone besides them then that could change 2 but there down smash does 40 if you hit it right, Slave says they comb in the air like kings! but ya its most likely because of FP

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So what difficulty did you go through in subspace? we went through on hard and the end boss was such a ***** those pulses would insta kill!

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
O.O umm.. I am doing it on Hard too. Granted I'm doing it with my twin brother too, so it's not like I'm doing it by myself.... I plan on going through on "Ridiculous" difficulty once we beat it so.... don't hurt me Tsuteto!!!!
*cower*

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I dunno.. what do you want from me!? Uhh... I'll... play moar Brawl? Oo, I know, I'll give you my friend code :D. When I get home >.>.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'll collect the numbers if you want. I just think it makes things a lot easier for everyone to add everyone all at once, rather than individually.

Trust me. I've already done the same thing at two other forums. ;)
Alright, I'll update this thread with a link to the new thread when you give it to me, unless there is some other way to do it.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
What?? What is THIS blasphemy?? Do you have Brawl then!? You should! How are you going to get a Wii dude... they're going to be impossible to find :/....

Top Bottom