• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

lengeta

Smash Ace
With Genesis being July 10th and EVO July 17th, I could possibly see you guys considering staying out Califoree-way a week-n-a-half. IF that happens to be the case, my place is in between the two. It's 3 hours from Antioch and 6 hours from Vegas. We've got a big place here, and a good setup to get like 4 or 5 tvs going with Melee/Brawl/whatever. I'll have to get pictures, but it's already set up with a HD 52" widescreen in the main area for XB360, another tv in one corner for SNES/Dreamcast/64/mod-XB, and another corner for my custom-built arcade cabinet. It's very possible we'll even have an empty master bedroom at that time, plus a couple couches to crash on already. It is all hardwood or tile though, so sleeping on the ground isn't a good idea, but we also have a loft we use for storage we could probaby clear out. That's a long time to be away from home/work, but I'm more than definitely willing to house you guys for a week, it would be EPIC!

lengeta

Smash Ace
Oh great, you broke the forums. I had to block the image just to reply.
FYI, if you use ImageShack, you can post a big picture with a thumbnail, like this:

http://www.imageshack.us/
...but I'm sure that wasn't your plan anyway...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Hello, my fellow Utahns (and a few others, it seems).

Here's the deal: I've got friends from around these boards telling me I need to attend a tournament, since I've never been to one. I would assuuuuume that this is a good place to ask about any tourneys going on around this area. I'm a total n00b concerning tournaments and the competitive scene, so any and all information/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(PS: I'm up in Logan attending USU, so anything too far south is probably a no-go.)

DZLE

Smash Master
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlol

Sada

Smash Cadet
lolwut when were you in Seattle
I was just there last weekend. C!Z is too good; I don't even remember if I won any friendlies against him.
I was up in Seattle from last Wednesday to Sunday for Sakura Con. PC told me that someone else went up there too.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON
Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles
What is Utah's point of view on this? I wouldnt mind counter picking it every once in a while just to freak people out. :chuckle:

Also, they have moved Corneria and Skyworld to the banned category. Are we going to be changing ours as well?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
When we were discussing this among the panel members, I was borderlined on banning Skyworld or not. I decided to just vote it as a counterpick, and the results later turned out to be a unanimous vote on counterpick, so it didn't really matter. The SBR recommends it being banned, so maybe we'll (re-)think about it if we obserse some major issues regarding it in our tournament in the future.

wangston

Smash Lord
We should readjust stage list to fit the sbr new rule set. The only stages that should be discussed are the ones that can be moved. Good bye skyworld.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I say we ban skyworld. Now that it's banned in the official rules, that is how it is going to be everywhere else. There is no point in keeping Utah's ruleset in a disagreement with the recommended ruleset used everywhere else in the nation.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I as sad as I am to see skyworld go the offical rules say ban it so we will. As for Corneria, I was saying at ToF that it should be banned lol.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Talk about posting something pointless, wangston. Spudz already posted the link to the thread... (So I guess you're the one that "couldn't find it" ["it" being the link, and not the thread, this time]. :p)

And as I implied earlier, I'm fine with banning Skyworld. I'm not sure how bad Corneria is, though. Is the one wall really that bad? If it is, then maybe ban just for singles? Unless that's not the only major problem, of course. Anyway, TO THE PANEL CAVE SOCIAL GROUP! :dizzy:

Top Bottom