• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

DZLE

Smash Master
lol I love DZLE, I'm just sayin he does it a lot. As for the MM. $20.
Lol Dryu your such a ******. Go die in a ditch and when i am the only one that can save you, I will simply say no and let you rot.

EDIT: Btw but sorry I am used to kindness and raised to be kind. I was unaware being kind to everyone meant brown nosing. Maybe i should try being a deuche to everybody in the scene and saying degrading things like the mexi brigade does. Cause that means being a smasher right?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Lol don't worry about it DZLE. Dryu and the rest of the Mexi's rode C!Z for the longest time.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
EDIT: Btw but sorry I am used to kindness and raised to be kind. I was unaware being kind to everyone meant brown nosing. Maybe i should try being a deuche to everybody in the scene and saying degrading things like the mexi brigade does. Cause that means being a smasher right?
Heh, X asked me at ToF why I was so nice. Didn't know what he was refering to until he said it was regarding my attitude. It's weird growing up where all you're taught is to be nice, then go into the real world and everyone is a douchebag. I just picked up a little of both.

X, it's good to be nice, so shut the hell up and do it! Have a nice day!

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

DZLE

Smash Master
Wtf did Dryu just apologize? The world mus be ending.

Lol ily dryu dont worry. Those people do exist though.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
@Ano no more fun DDD matches for you then.
@Sinz are you sure you wanna lose that much money to Dryu?
@Kenneth ahahah owned ano. kind of.

@MK being banned.

I have always voted against the ban. Kenny said it perfect. MK WILL NEVER BE BANNED. Actually, C!Z said it amazingly too. Man up. I stopped johning about MK long ago. You all need to stop as well.
Kenny Beats MK's like its butter. Why? He dedicated himself to learning the match up.
And if your not dedicated enough to learn the match up (just like you would with ANY CHARACTER), Then quit. Dont play anymore. Or, pick up MK yourself. Either way, no more whining.
MK is just a character. He has strong points of why he should be banned but even more more more more points of why he should not. Its obvious that he never will be, and thats the way it should be.
I dont have a problem with MK at all. We only have one real MK in our scene and I have only faced him once a while ago and I didnt even expect to beat him. So my reasons have nothing to do with me not being able to beat him. Im just looking at all of the tourney results and the ever increasing MK's across the country. Just look at WHOBO. 7 out of the top 8 were MK's does that not say there is a huge problem here. Also I found a tourney in Boss's area where like 15 out of 20 people main MK.

So I want MK banned so their will be more diversity. Not all because he is lagless, has an optipon for every situation and no bad matchups.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
Wow think before you talk. Like seriously. Look closely at the WHOBO results. What top players from around the country didn't make it into the top 8. Well lets see... lain, and that is it. And if you read later in the first post on the results page he had the most legit johns I've ever seen. Use proper reasoning.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Well, my mom has good reason for being strict. I'll be living at home while I go to college, so I guess her rules apply while I'm at home. I'm definitely going to respect that. Its like obeying the non-stupid dorm rules if you're living at college.
But further, I have the half tuition scholarship where I have to maintain a 3.9 overall GPA, and I'm majoring Philosophy and double minoring in Economics and English (aka Creative Writing). Plus, I have to find work that will pay the other half of my tuition and that will get the other $3000 I need for my mission by May 2010.
So I've got plenty to do and not much free time.
Plus, I've got college girls I'm already planning dates with for the first weeks of summer--they don't know that I'm going to ask them yet, but I am-- and other stuff.

So its not so much that my mom will refuse to let me play video games (I'm planning to go to Blue Peach's tournies at BYU, right?) as it is that I have other stuff to do with my time. My mom is looking out for the "official" tournies, like ToF and UST, not "hanging out with college friends for the night down at BYU."
After all, I can't quite afford a crystal/diamond spoon like DZLE can. ;)

And as a side note, orangezrawzum.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Despite that, you're mom's still way too strict.

Anyway, you have to keep a 3.9 GPA, yet you only get half of the tuition paid? That's pretty strict.

And you're "planning" these dates without actually knowing if they it will agree to or not? And even if they agree, would that take up the whole summer?

And it's a FORK made of DIAMOND...not some crystal spoon... :p

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman

Anyway, you have to keep a 3.9 GPA, yet you only get half of the tuition paid? That's pretty strict.

And you're "planning" these dates without actually knowing if they it will agree to or not? And even if they agree, would that take up the whole summer?

Pc just owned some Anonano.
And Yeah im sorry DZLE but you really did ride kennys
cock to the max. Oh and just remember if you guys think that Metaknight should be banned, Just pick up snake or metaknight to counter that *****. I did it <3

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?

The 3.9 is BYU's fault, not mine. I've applied for about 25 other scholarships and haven't received anything back from any of them.

Yeah, my mom is strict about this sort of stuff. I can usually soften her up given time, but still, the tournies have a 98% chance of being ruled out.

Most of these girls I've been close friends with for a long time. I've just been biding my time until I was a college student.... heheheh...

Oh snap, PC did indeed own some Anonanonanonanonanonano. I need to go cry in my corner now.

And Dai-A, doesn't picking up MK to beat MK kind of ruin the argument? :p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
If MK is banned, then everybody will ride me for maining Snake...

No homo.

MK isn't actually that bad once you get used to him. Everybody just makes him to be more powerful than he probably is. Once you figure him out, it can be a fair match-up.

I mean (not saying bad things about Yaz, he could of been sandbagging at UST), I beat Yaz's MK with a Bowser! There are ways to defeat him, you just have to find them!

Fully against the ban.

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
No one will ride you for using snake more than they already do. With MK gone, everyone would have counters. Snake gets countered by DDD and even with Falco and a few others. DDD gets countered by Falco. Falco gets countered by G&W, who gets countered by snake, and so on. Because of the counters, no "best" character would arise and the wins would be more evenly distributed.

But even with those reasons though, there is still not enough reason to ban MK. MK will not be banned, ever.

Plus, seriously, what are you guys complaining about? There is only one MK in our state, and if he had to put time into a different character he would still **** the majority of Utah :laugh:. He's not good just cause he's uses MK...

And I agree with PC. Ano's mom is way too strict. You're an adult now, and should be able to make decisions of how you want to live your life and what you want to do :laugh:

DZLE

Smash Master
phillbob FREAKED LOL.

(omg here i go "riding kenny and brown nosing again")

Kenny is right though... how does any of that affect us? Especially since none of us went to HOBO, or go to any major tourneys, especially us who are not even on the power rankings.
Everyone on the power rankings so far has been against the MK ban from what I have seen, and its because they for one know yaz isnt just good because he plays MK. Yaz could pick up mario and be easy top 10. He is a very skilled player.
For two, they are skilled themselves. Thats why they are ranked in the first place. They dont john and learn the "impossible matchup (total bull****)"

It doesnt matter to us. Maybe we can start johning about mk if we actually develop a scene or for some reason we all move SO CAL.

EDIT:
@Dryu

And because your Diddy is freaking good.

(im being nice, ***, not riding you)

DZLE

Smash Master
I really am only good because of MK. It's fact.
Lol stuff like this makes me think you set yourself up for me to compliment you on purpose. DEFINITE HOMO.

Dude, your MK owns, but you cant say only good because of mk.

your diddy freaking *****. your diddy amazes me every time.

Our friendly? I didnt even know did could move like that.
ROFL

Riding Dryu all night

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Then do MK dittos if you guys think MK means auto-win and no skill.
Nothing stopping you guys. LOL

The better player will still win in the end.

Honestly, this "Ban MK" thing is stupid.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Lol Alright not to be mean. But i want to see yaz make top ten with another character besides metaknight.
when im in college, if i ever make it :(
Im going to rock out with my cock out

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lol Alright not to be mean. But i want to see yaz make top ten with another character besides metaknight.
That wouldn't be too difficult.
I mean, we have an average of around 15 people per Brawl tourney.

EDIT: Dai-A, hurry up and be a Smash Elitist so your username color will match your font color.

DZLE

Smash Master
when im in college, if i ever make it :(
Im going to rock out with my cock out
Yaz could do it easy and you know it. No point to get owned.

Agreed with Minato. Pointless.

むだだ。

ざ わるど!!!!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
And I agree with PC. Ano's mom is way too strict. You're an adult now, and should be able to make decisions of how you want to live your life and what you want to do :laugh:
I can and do, and I respect my mom so much that despite her flaws, and whether or not I may like her advice, I still listen to her and heed her advice. So give her some respect. Alright, cool.

Lol DRyu, the one time we ever really played each other you sandbagged really hard and still beat the crap out of me. (And you never used MK either).

What is ironic about that is that I am considered one of the top two Red Links in the Link community, and I still suck horribly. Talk about sad. :laugh:

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Then do MK dittos if you guys think MK means auto-win and no skill.
MK ditto who!? and I'd like to see Yaz get top 6th with any other character besides MK. It can't be done.

I've had enough of this scrub talk anyways. I'm going all MK next tourney to show you guys I really am only good because of him. Prepare for Whorenado spam.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Cause that means being a smasher right?
See yeah, this is kind of like what I was saying in my tldr post from a while back. If we want to bring competitive gaming to the level where it can be nationally recognized and gain sponsors and such, we need to act like professionals. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have fun, but we should at least be respectable and honest and sportsmanlike.

lol sorry DZLE. I'm just used to douchebags and forget there actually are people like you who really are honest.
respect +1

And as a side note, orangezrawzum.
yesorangezrawzomnomnomnom

I'll never be for a metaknight ban until I can beat anyone who isn't playing metaknight with metaknight whenever I want.

「ザ.ワルド」って, .hack(ドットハック)について考えました。 これから僕の書く物はすべて日本語でかきます。どうおもいますか? 悪い日本語をなおしてください。

Minato

穏やかじゃない
「ザ.ワルド」って, .hack(ドットハック)について考えました。 これから僕の書く物はすべて日本語でかきます。どうおもいますか? 悪い日本語をなおしてください。
DZLE's actually referencing JoJo, not .hack//. Hence the むだだ.

It's a common mistake though.

Top Bottom