• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I have tio on my laptop and would be more than happy to run the tourney for you. And I won't be here that long either, so it works perfect XD

harpuia190

Smash Ace
dude what if totally did do a really big tourney or something, we could totally call it the longest wang

DZLE

Smash Master
Minato thats funny lol I was actually gonna use the phrase "man up" but i didnt. you did, so it worked out.

Yeah, look at all the other bigger name states. They have like, venues. Not just some random run down gamestore or a random house. Utah just cant afford a venue like that, so let's just all move and UT can be banned from competitive smash ok ok ok ok.

Plus when I move to japan next year this will all be out of my hair because they have 12 story buildings dedicated to competitive smash 64, melee, and brawl. So im set

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
lol dzle you're ********... instead of trying to help our scene you only make it worse.

EDIT: FOR YOU WANG!

Please don't forget me, I'm going away
I'm taking a taxi to Kentucky where they don't need to know
All about me, I just need to feel safe
Got a thousand sweaters and shoes and paintings to hide
Skeletons in my bed
Don't ask where I'm going

I'm going away
I'm going my way
Finally it's my time
to be lonely, and lost, unloveed and I can't wait
Don't forget what I said
don't forget my letter
every night I pray for you
I don't got no religion
Isn't it that something
I'll miss those days,

I saved that bottle, it's now 10 years aged
I've got some bibles I could sell for money
And a pair of fresh shaved legs
Won't you baby come with me, I've got extra space
In my car, in my heart, in my mind
Look there's the passenger seat by the postcards you gave (Don't know where i'm going)

I'm going away
I'm going my way
Finally it's my time
to be lonely, and lost, unloved and I can't wait
Don't forget what I said
don't forget my letter
every night I pray you
I don't got no religion
Isn't that something
I'll miss those days

But he said "slow down, slow down
Think it over, we've all got wretched closets
Silly girl, pride kills more than aids
Lately" i said "come on
I've thought it over
I Don't wanna die here
I have no desire to get married"

I can't race the others anymore,
no I must learn to race myself.

I'm going away
I'm going my way
Finally it's my time
to be lonely, and lost, unloved and I can't wait
Please forget what I said (I'll find my way)
Please forget my letter
I don't got a religion
Isn't that something
I'll miss those days

I, I'm not going halfway (i'll find my way)
I, I
dont believe in heaven
or that it could be a happy place
I, I'm going away

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Minato thats funny lol I was actually gonna use the phrase "man up" but i didnt. you did, so it worked out.

Yeah, look at all the other bigger name states. They have like, venues. Not just some random run down gamestore or a random house. Utah just cant afford a venue like that, so let's just all move and UT can be banned from competitive smash ok ok ok ok.

Plus when I move to japan next year this will all be out of my hair because they have 12 story buildings dedicated to competitive smash 64, melee, and brawl. So im set
Venues have more to do with attendance. We have a venue for other fighting games because we consistently get over 30 people every other week.

You know what would actually help? If people actually stayed here and didn't go on missions. After that, you guys need to actually play each other outside of tournaments. At least once per week.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Dzle right now with the way your talking your only making the smash scene worse. Quit being so negative. If you really want the utah scene to get better, Tell your friends to start playing and to get competitive. And Venues Are Serious business since the venue has to get some money out of it.
Plus Venues are only for when they're big tournaments.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
hey can u direct me to one of these buildings? im going to japan for my senior trip on the 24th.... no seriously if u know where one is tell me so i can show them how Americans play brawl D<

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You know what would actually help? If people actually stayed here and didn't go on missions.
LOL. A mission is much more important to me than playing video games, as I'm sure is the case with everyone else leaving on a mission.

But I agree with getting together to play more. I might be able to have a smashfest on tuesday.. Who would be interested in coming to smash with the number one in state? ;)

harpuia190

Smash Ace
id be down for a fest, and yes a lot of us are keaving, but you make it sound like we will get back and never pick up a controller again, i plan on getting back into everything when i return

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Do my ears deceive me? A smashfest you say? I should be able to do it! Especially since its not extremely short notice... I can totally keep it open ;)

EDIT: Efff.... almost same time post :(

DZLE

Smash Master
Lol Im not making the scene worse. David if anything you made it worse by moving lol! Thats when everything went downhill.

And saying people shouldnt go on missions is just ********. I respect that stuff highly, and thats way more important.

And I quit competitive brawl, so I dont care about that. Maybe i will pick it back up when i move.

And our melee scene has been pathetic since i started playing melee in february, so...

I am just stating the truth, you all know I would love to see our scene flourish, but it just wont.

EDIT:
Tell me where your staying gkirb

DZLE

Smash Master
Wow way to go balls out, did that fat chick you made out with at basshunter call you up and say your not hot enough for her or something?

Shut your mouth Dryu. Your taking it way to far. Getting all asshurt about stupid stuff is stupid. Grow a pair and mature a little bit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

We all stay stupid stuff sometimes, its just to be stupid. I am not like saying I hate you all and I never want to talk to you guys again ever since I dont like stupid competition anymore. You guys are my friends, and I'd like to keep it that way. That's why i said i would still be around tourneys, if they exist anymore. We have just been way unfortunate and I think its ********.

So calm down man no need to freak out over nothing just to sound cool.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I never actually said people should stop going on missions. I said it would help, considering it's easily the most devastating factor. Also, after 4 years of smash in Utah, not one person has gone on a mission, come back, and continued playing smash with us. Again, the other tournament game communities in Utah don't even have this problem.

Dryu, your post is way uncool. You are only motivating everyone to stay away from you and the scene you are a part of.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
LOL. A mission is much more important to me than playing video games, as I'm sure is the case with everyone else leaving on a mission.

But I agree with getting together to play more. I might be able to have a smashfest on tuesday.. Who would be interested in coming to smash with the number one in state? ;)

Yes... yes... My parents can no longer spy on me, as I am in the dorms... hmmm...
Yes...YES....Bwahahahahahahah!!!
D:
I have a class from 4-7 PM so I'd be able to come after that. But yes, I will definitely come.
And where is Blue Peach and her Summer Smash Fest Extravangas? They HAVE to be better than the Mario Kart Tourney at New Student Orientation, I was the only guy there who actually played the game, and because of the CPUs and their constant changing of rules I lost.
And they were going to give out an iPod and gift cards too. Pfft.

Anyways, long monologue short, after 7 PM I'll be there.

EDIT: I'll also need your address.
And why on earth does BYU ban YouTube on campus? Its ********. :/ I mean, for every horrible movie on there, there's 10 good ones.
Although I guess the swearing, and featured vids (their usually innappropriate), and other stuff they show might be a bad enough to merit it.
But still. I had like 10 of my favorite songs favorited there. And now I can't access them.
/Crying

Also when I come back from my mission I plan on playing competitive smash.
<.<
>.>

DZLE

Smash Master
FTS Your post sums it up perfectly.
Jacob Bleyl (zangief is mad is his GT, i dont know what the SF scene calls him), a personal friend of mine said that the Street Fighter scene is pretty big and always has been, I talked to him about it before. Kinda just makes you wish Smash was the same, but thats just how things go.

Also, Anonano, Kenny and Wang got past the YouTube ban somehow. Air something? Ask kenny.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
dRyu Edit: You have to use a proxy Anonano, that's how you bypass the websites.
...Dang it.
I guess its not like I really use my YT channel anymore except for those songs, and I just found my long-lost iPod in time for moving to the dorms, so oh well, moving on with my life.

...No comment on the other discussion here. (That IS a comment, though... :p)

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
...Dang it.
I guess its not like I really use my YT channel anymore except for those songs, and I just found my long-lost iPod in time for moving to the dorms, so oh well, moving on with my life.

It's not hard to get on a proxy, do you need some help? Also as to the others stuff I've said, Sorry if I've offended anyone.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

If I don't have work tuesday, I can come after class...maybe...

Do my ears deceive me? A smashfest you say? I should be able to do it! Especially since its not extremely short notice... I can totally keep it open ;)

EDIT: Efff.... almost same time post :(
Waff...I gave you at least 4 days notice for both of MY smashfests, and you didn't show up to either.

Seriously Waff, you're whipped. Stop mowing the lawn, get off the leash, and hang with your buddies. I know dating is fun and all, but you gotta hang with us before you leave!!

That, or you're holding some grudge against me, and you just plain hate me. Is that it Waff...do you...hate me?! *runs away crying*

10 bucks says he never shows up.

And because I said that, 10 bucks says Waff will try and prove me wrong and show up!

Lol Im not making the scene worse. David if anything you made it worse by moving lol! Thats when everything went downhill.

And saying people shouldnt go on missions is just ********. I respect that stuff highly, and thats way more important.

And I quit competitive brawl, so I dont care about that. Maybe i will pick it back up when i move.

And our melee scene has been pathetic since i started playing melee in february, so...

I am just stating the truth, you all know I would love to see our scene flourish, but it just wont.

EDIT:
Tell me where your staying gkirb
Negative is not the way to go. Have faith in us young one!

I never actually said people should stop going on missions. I said it would help, considering it's easily the most devastating factor. Also, after 4 years of smash in Utah, not one person has gone on a mission, come back, and continued playing smash with us. Again, the other tournament game communities in Utah don't even have this problem.

Dryu, your post is way uncool. You are only motivating everyone to stay away from you and the scene you are a part of.
2 years is a long time.

Wow way to go balls out, did that fat chick you made out with at basshunter call you up and say your not hot enough for her or something?

Shut your mouth Dryu. Your taking it way to far. Getting all asshurt about stupid stuff is stupid. Grow a pair and mature a little bit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

We all stay stupid stuff sometimes, its just to be stupid. I am not like saying I hate you all and I never want to talk to you guys again ever since I dont like stupid competition anymore. You guys are my friends, and I'd like to keep it that way. That's why i said i would still be around tourneys, if they exist anymore. We have just been way unfortunate and I think its ********.

So calm down man no need to freak out over nothing just to sound cool.
That's the spirit!

It's not hard to get on a proxy, do you need some help? Also as to the others stuff I've said, Sorry if I've offended anyone.
That's the spirit!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
We need more Utah Smashers that are filled with enthusiasm and positive thinking like Lanky here.
He seems to be one of the few that are actually thinking correctly in these threads.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Seriously Waff, you're whipped. Stop mowing the lawn, get off the leash, and hang with your buddies. I know dating is fun and all, but you gotta hang with us before you leave!!
*sigh*

anywhoo

as for the state of our smash scene, um yup, i will be accepting MM's until i leave

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What's so important about going on a mission? Is it required to get into heaven?

DZLE

Smash Master
Young One? ... lol, that's really funny actually. Not gonna say why :p

Dryu, I am sorry man. I may have stepped out of line too. You know I love you right bro?

Your my bro. That's how its gonna be.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
10 bucks says he never shows up.

And because I said that, 10 bucks says Waff will try and prove me wrong and show up!
Maybe I should take these two bets and say that 1, Waff will show up, and 2, Waff won't come for the purpose of proving lanky wrong. Then, I'll pay Waff something like $10 to show up... If he doesn't show, then I lose the first bet, for obvisou reasons, but win the second bet, because he didn't show up to prove lanky wrong since he didn't show up at all, thus breaking even. If Waff does show, I win the first bet, and I also win the second bet, since Waff would be coming mainly for Smash, but with the money I'm giving him as the incentive (and not proving lanky wrong as the incentive).
What's so important about going on a mission? Is it required to get into heaven?
Wow, this is like an ingenious way to word this question...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Also, Anonano, Kenny and Wang got past the YouTube ban somehow. Air something? Ask kenny.
There's air proxy 82, but that doesn't let you sign into anything or do any other authenticating processes. I have a program type thing that basically just changes your IP address (well kind of, too lazy to explain...) and then you can go anywhere you want. BYU is too restrictive IMO. Let me know if you want that program and I'll find where you get it for you.

...Dang it.

Check out playlist.com if you want any music. They have pretty much any music you can think of, and you can listen to it all for free. It's better than youtube for music.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm not sure if this is a "this is so true" sigh, or a "I can't believe he said this" sigh.

Uh, I meant it all in good fun. But it just seems Waff would rather do other things than hang with his friends. And to me, that just seems like a huge douche move to do, especially since I've given tons of notice on my smashfests. If he ends up going to Kenny's tomorrow, then I don't think I could ever speak to him ever again.

Young One? ... lol, that's really funny actually. Not gonna say why :p
You're younger than me.

Maybe I should take these two bets and say that 1, Waff will show up, and 2, Waff won't come for the purpose of proving lanky wrong. Then, I'll pay Waff something like $10 to show up... If he doesn't show, then I lose the first bet, for obvisou reasons, but win the second bet, because he didn't show up to prove lanky wrong since he didn't show up at all, thus breaking even. If Waff does show, I win the first bet, and I also win the second bet, since Waff would be coming mainly for Smash, but with the money I'm giving him as the incentive (and not proving lanky wrong as the incentive).
I don't think you understood my thinking. If you take up my bets, I always break even. From what you wrote, you changed the rules, so my bet would never take place. You can't change the way someone's bets were set up.

I CAN'T LOOOOOOOOOOOSE!!!!!!!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
KENNY WHERE DO YOU LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Hmm, I thought it was like an actual device like a router or something that I would have to buy. We'll talk about this at the smashfest. (WHERE DO YOU LIIIIIIIIIIIVE)
And ironically, I think I'm going to be making more Smashfests (if not the tournies) now that I'm in college with nothing to do for the next 8 weeks or so.
Well, actually, I have to read The Illiad, Odyssey, Aeneid, Dante's Inferno, Greek Classics, The Prince, Greek Historians, Greek Tragedies 1,/I] and one other book I can't remember for my Classical Civilizations class. But its summer, who cares? ^_^

AKA I'll be at more Smash events then before. Funny how that works.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I don't think you understood my thinking. If you take up my bets, I always break even. From what you wrote, you changed the rules, so my bet would never take place. You can't change the way someone's bets were set up.
Oh, I knew exactly what you were trying to do...I just happened to find a loophole that allowed me to come out ahead. And what rules? You never originally stated anything about bribes not being allowed or anything like that.

And wangston, now you just need to make that Gojira Bowser (Bowjira was what you called it, right?).

vazor

Smash Apprentice
hey can u direct me to one of these buildings? im going to japan for my senior trip on the 24th.... no seriously if u know where one is tell me so i can show them how Americans play brawl D<
ROFL yeah no. there's no buildings like that anywhere except in your imagination XD

i plan on getting back into everything when i return
Also when I come back from my mission I plan on playing competitive smash.
Posts like these give me hope for the future. :bee:

Falco looks great wangston

no can do smashfest tomorrow, but hopefully there will be a tourney this weekend, a melee one, at FtS's...

Top Bottom