• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Update from Genesis. DRyu and I made it out of doubles pools and made it through five rounds of bracket so far. We've only lost once to Tyrant and Lee Puff. So we're still in this. :) Joke and Rade had probably the hardest pool there and did pretty well in it.

Doubles bracket should finish today and then singles pools will start. And we're all taking top four in the singles bracket, we've decided. Anyyways, we've been sleeping in the car and have been bumming off the hotel's restroom XD

Have fun

-Final-

Aria♪
Final... You main Fox now? What happened to Falco?

I decided that I like playing fox better than Falco... and I just switch mains too much.

At least I still main peach in brawl... I haven't had my main stay the same this long since I mained Metaknight a year ago...

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
So yeah. I'm pretty much bummed that I couldn't go to Genesis. @_@
Sooooo like Kenny if you're reading this meanwhile your in Cali with all them people, Pl0x tell Puerto Rico GOOD ****. But also take a picture of King :p

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Wait... what do you mean by "converter thing?" If you can't figure out how to use it, then there's no way I'll be able to...
The Digital converter for the old Tvs that makes the tv work, that thing.

Oh yeah good luck!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So yeah. I'm pretty much bummed that I couldn't go to Genesis. @_@
Ditto... I wanted to go. But my family didn't like the idea of me going on the bus with people I didn't know.
Screw everyone who went. :ohwell:

I guess I'll just play Blazblue some more.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I forgot to say good luck to everyone who went. LOL :p
So good luck guys.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Doubles is over apparently, and I'm hearing rumors about the MK ban starting to spread state-wise...

GL guys, rep Utah in Singles!

(Heheh, what a joke)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
They actually decided to not finish doubles yesterday. We'll finish them today and then move on to singles bracket. I almost beat Valdens G&W(WA's #1), it was so close. I would have had first seed, but I ended up getting second cause I 2-0'd everyone else.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hey, I'm going to be the first to mention results.
Dark Ryu and Ken Neth both got 97th in Brawl Singles (Out of 292)
Joke got 241st (Out of 292)
I can't find Rade/Harpuia. :/
The Utah Team (DRyu and Ken Neth) got 17th in Brawl Doubles (Out of 108)
I'm guessing Rade and Joke were The Ultimate Joke, who got 65th (Out of 108)

Both teams scored higher than the Washington pro Die Super Fly and his teammate. I've seen DSF play, and he's intense! Its quite an achievement to play well enough to do better than him.
DRyu and Kenny also scored higher than SamuraiPanda, Lain, Chip, Deva (although as a Link purist that's not too hard), and Pierce, to name the players names that I can see, in Doubles.
In Singles, C!Z ( 0.o) got 201st. Dunno if that was our C!Z though.
Also in Singles, DRyu and Kenny tied with Jem and Deva. Way to go!

Just goes to show you...
"Utah smashers are so gooooood...."

:)

Kenny, get back soon so you can trash me and Rock in friendlies!

EDIT: I went to ask if I could do a tourney at BYU... and the office was closed. Due to the hours they are open (and my own available hours; its midterm week), I won't be able to contact them until next Monday.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Man, I'm so pissed I couldn't go. I really wanted to. But alas, not having enough mention is kinda bad. If I had at least two week notices for stuff like this, then I can schedule ahead so I can get work and school stuff done before hand. I hate being so busy all the time.

Oh, um, I got fired* from my job. So...until things pick up, I'm free for smashfests, as long as they don't conflict with school. I may even get grnmonky to tag along with me.

EDIT: I think I found Rade on the list. Well...sort of. There is a name in the 161 place spelled "Raid", so maybe that's him, but people suck at spelling his tag?

*Didn't really get fired. Just wasn't scheduled for Wednesday through Saturday this week, and is just trying to make light of a s***ty situation. Please hang out with me, I'll be so bored!!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
In my defense, I should have gotten better than 93rd or whatever it was, but I ended up fighting Cali's Olimar first round (Snake's worst matchup by far >_>) and would have won if i didn't somehow get two white pikmin stuck on my back that wouldn't get off for a total of 73% on my last stock of the last match. I was up by like 60% before that >_>

Then I lost to Australia's best player who used marth (another character I've never fought before :( )

So basically, I got ***** by matchup inexperience. We need more characters in Utah.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
I TOOK A STOCK OFF M2K WITH FREAKING FOX! and wow you guys are stalking us worse then joke stalks pros

ya i wasnt playing very good in pools, i lost some dumb matches that i had in the bag

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah that was me lol. I scrubbed out. I did have a lot of good matches with people though so I'm happy about that.
So good seein Kenny n Marco again <3 miss you guys, wish we coulda got more friendlies in. Good seein Rade and Joke as well. Come to WA.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Supposed to go in and ask about the tourney at 2 (Because I decided to do this instead of study for my ridiculous Missionary Prep midterm).
Wish me luck!

Rockmix, as long as the TV has the red, white, and yellow plugs in it, it'll do.
So... does it have those plugs? xD

EDIT: They changed on me to 3. We'll see what I can do.
EDIT2: How humoring. I got there at 5 to 3, and the guy I was supposed to see was still in a meeting. Then I met him walking down the hall five minutes later. He said that he still needed just 20 minutes to finish up the meeting (why on earth was he out in the hallway when he was supposed to be in a meeting?) but I waited anyway.
At 3:55, he still wasn't out of the meeting, and so I left to my class.

I'll have to stop by again on Friday.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Well it has the yellow and white ones.
I have a thing that makes so all of the of them are plugged in.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Is there anyone playing BlazBlue for the PS3?
I'd like to play more people that I know. :(

Anyways, looks like I'm coming back to Utah next week.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
me and alex are!

oh but yeah i got my call

im headed to the peru puira mission
spanish speaking
i leave dec 2nd

Minato

穏やかじゃない
me and alex are!

oh but yeah i got my call

im headed to the peru puira mission
spanish speaking
i leave dec 2nd
Peru, huh... I guess you can use the knowledge you got from Mrs. Goodfellow's class. :laugh:
Just don't say crap in Spanish. LOL (You should remember...)

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I don't see any threads related to the EVO Smash side tourney; anyone know if there's a place we can check on the brackets there? Did any of our smashers go besides my two friends (who none of you have met- they only play casually yet are going to EVO :dizzy:)?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was supposed to go. Then again, I wouldn't do that well since I never went to any tourneys or ranbats for practice.
Maybe next year I'll go.

I'm also taking a break from BlazBlue. Back to Guilty Gear it is (Too bad I suck).

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ok Rockmix, I think that's all that I need, so your TV should work. If I ever get a chance to go back and try to talk to the guy. :/

C!Z

Smash Lord
Dam I've been tryin to find a good time to go to CO, my aunt usually has me come out once a year and if I knew about that sooner I probably woulda went.

Underload

Lazy
Objection!

I posted the link tons of times asking if Utah could come, you never responded.

Still, I'd rather go to California than play Brawl for a few hours in an overheated room.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Alright, so things have been screwy with work. I thought I'd get a lot of work this week, and they pretty much boned me and gave me nothing. So I got almost this whole week with nothing to do.

So I think I'll hold another smash/game fest at my place this week. I'm thinking either Wednesday or Thursday.

If I hold one Wednesday, it'll be an all day thing, but it can't go late, cause I got school, but Thursday won't start until the afternoon, but with Friday off, I can most likely hold an overnight. Which day depends on two things, who can come which day, and when my dad is coming in Friday.

So if you are interested in some gaming at my place this week, let me know the best day, and by Monday or Tuesday, I'll tell you which day I'm holding it.

Just let me know by PM or text.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So, curious. What characters does everyone play here?

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I use mostly Snake. Then occasionally Jiggz and Marth. And of course Captain Falcon for fun. :]

But in Utah there are a few Kirbys, Pikas and Snakes. A couple of Peaches and Pits. Then luckily we only have like one consistent Meta Knight. Then a bunch of other characters, I just dont wanna go into a list.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
If you look at the Power Rankings, we have two Snakes, one Metaknight, one Sonic, one DK, one Kirby, one ROB, one Pit, one Diddy, and one Fox. The rest consists of Snake, Wario, Link, Pit, Dedede, and Peach. Plus, a ton of us have many secondaries or multiple mains. Rade uses pretty much the whole cast, Kenny has been using Wario, and myself use Diddy and Bowser. So, in a way, we use everyone.

Forgot to mention in my last post........I'M GOING TO SEE TOOL IN CONCERT TONIGHT!!!! Somebody ask me how it was sometime between now and tomorrow morning.

I'm gonna mosh my brains out!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
colbusman said:
So, in a way, we use everyone.
We don't even come close to using everyone...

That kirby is gone now...

The pit player doesn't really play anymore...

Joke uses wario but he's leaving at the end of the month, so in the end I'm the only one left who's put any real time into him XD

The only DDDs are X and Dark Ryu's that they rarely use...

Who uses Peach?

Edit: Just for fun XD

Bowser- Lanky plays him every now and then.
Captain Falcon- a couple people use him just for fun
Diddy- Dryu ***** with diddy. Lanky uses some diddy as well.
DK- Staz plays him
Falco- A couple people second him
Fox- Rade mains him
G&W- NO ONE
Ganondorf- a couple people play for fun
Ics- NO ONE
Ike- Staz used to main him >_>
Jigglypuff- NO ONE
DDD- a couple people use him every now and then
Kirby- Our Kirby just left on a mission, so NO ONE
Link- Anonano
Lucario- Sage
Lucas- NO ONE
Luigi- NO ONE
Mario- NO ONE
Marth- NO ONE
MK- Yaz
Ness- Rockmix
Olimar- Dryu seconds him
Peach- Final? One other person I can't remember?
Pikachu- NO ONE
Pit- Fate doesn't play, so NO ONE
PT- Rade kinda plays him
ROB- Lada mains him
Samus- NO ONE
Sheik- Rade kinda plays him
Snake- Me :) Then Lanky, Spudz, and a few other people play him.
Sonic- X mains him
Toon Link- Rade kinda plays him
Wario- I second/main him
Wolf- NO ONE
Yoshi- NO ONE
Zelda- NO ONE
ZSS- NO ONE
If I missed anyone, I blame it on you not playing them enough for me to recognize.

So as you can see, there are like 20~ characters that aren't used seriously in Utah. I blame my Genesis placing on this, cause the only characters I lost to I never fight XD

/rant

Top Bottom