• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utican Do It! Results!!! March 3rd, 2012

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
Mauve VS Cura, we have to see it otherwise it's all just talk. I'm sure it would be close not saying either one has the advantage I'm just rooting for Cura cause he brought me into the scene.

Nintendude:
Syracuse brought 2 cars
Beta, James G, Sharky, Dai Luna, Stack, UbberGeek, Player 35, and James GF (who's name I still don't remeber... sry James lol)
That's 1/3 of the Brawl Tourney

1: The Mauve Avenger ($121.00)
I'd love to play your DK more your neutral B approach work awfully well. I still can't believe I was the one to have your pool -.- and then No Skills as well. I hope I see you around more, I need match up experience. I love seeing your Kirby play as well, Good job and hope to see you in the next tourney
2: Omega Tyrant ($66.00)
Those were some gg againts JamesG, D3 messes me up and you're a good player on top of that. I hope to play you more friendlies. I could learn a lot. Congrats, I mean it.
3: JamesG ($22.00)
JamesG, thanks for the advise I think I did better in bracket because of that. I can finally take some games of you ... yeahhhh! lol . You're one hell of a Lucario and that last game w/ Tyrant sooo close. You could have had it. There's always next time and you placed 3rd which is not bad. Now I don't want to hear those Marth Johns become Snake Johns :p Keep it up man, peace
4: L-Don ($11.00)
I've never played you, I need to play you. I've been to three tourneys in which you also were but I've never introduced myself. Good job on placing 4th :D, friendlies next time remember!
5: bcb -
Wario vs Snake johns. I need to get better and remember those grab releases! Nerveless thanks for the compliment, I'm just getting better. Hey you're also a good player yourself. I'll definitely look forward to our next match. Good job and thank you very much for the tourney. I love the way you announced the winners, try to project a little more but everything was solid. Pools are awesome!
5: Sharky
SU taking out SU! GET HYPED! -.-. LOL, thanks for the Pika practice I need to get better with him. I feel better with Snake though and I don't think that will change for a while. Great games and hey you didn't end up eating the salt packages :D. I'll see you around Sharky, ggs.
7: Dai Luna
Otra vez?! Oh wait you placed slightly higher and finally beat Calm in bracket. STILL Geez doode, get better already!! You finally started to develop the down throw chases, and you still need a few nade tricks to get down also you can do the momentum shift about half the time when you want it. You're definitively getting better. Focus on reading, and match ups. Keep it up!
7: Nintendude
Come over to the Brawl side, we have money! ;D
Friendlies next time?
9: No_Skillz
You beat me in pools and I outpaced you in bracket. Interesting. Money match next time (I didn't want to spent more money this tourney, sorry), smash di out of down smashes, up tap. Thank you for the Marth tips and I'll be seeing you around. GGs man.
9: Calm
Calm you're soo chill. No pun intended. We always do friendlies and always play each other in bracket, we can control the bracket but we should make it a tradition for the friendlies. I'll see you man, and I do hope you improve! GGs
9: Stack
Stack it up! You got eliminated by Sharky and JamesG, that's funny :D. Don't worry you'll be playing them real soon ;p. Good games work on your Falco, and Calm says Z AIR W/ LINK! He had this face, :/
I agree :\
9: Beta
13: Zero CD
I definitely though you were also going to place higher, who knocked you out? (Note to self read bracket). Good stuff with Falco, I would love more friendlies w/ you. Hope to see you in BEST
13: Rykard
13: Perfect Agent
13: Player 35
You placed higher than us on your 1st tourney, COME TO MORE TOURNIES W/ US Jeff!
17: DWD
It's raining Olis!! Good games man, hope to see you in BEST! Practice
17: Icer
17: UbberGeek, Grant, EL Warrior, Christopher
Keep working at it

-Cross-

Smash Ace
What's with the lack of shoutouts? Let's throw away the salt plz.
You're part of the reason I'm salty, and you know it lol. Well whatever, shoutouts:

bcb and papa bcb: Good job hosting the tourney. Cool venue and overall good experience. Although you'll have to be more time efficient next time, if you want more events like doubles and whatnot.

1: The Mauve Avenger: Best ROB
but not the best DK
lolol. Good **** getting first, you really went for the gold son. Although you were getting bodied in friendlies by me (who got 13th), so you probably were just lucky. :troll: Please come to BEST so we can team, and you can body Cura :awesome:
2: Omega Tyrant: Great placing and gg's, friendlies were amazing. Really quiet guy, and I'm sad that I didn't get to play against you in bracket. I also believe my MM against Sharky was saved onto your wii. Could you please upload onto youtube somehow? Game 2 of our set was just too good.
3: JamesG: Thanks for the ride. Also, our MM was really intense. Nice job clutching it out at the end, we should have a more serious MM next time. You're salty about your placing, but I'm sure you'll get your revenge.
4: L-Don: Didn't get to play, but want to play against you
5: bcb: Again, good job running the tourney. Even though we live pretty close to each other, it's a shame there is no consistent way to get some practice in. We should definitely try and figure something out, or I'll see if I can somehow get wifi to work. kit and gg's
5: Sharky: Halberd laser>tipper f-smash>star KO at 88%. That's all I need to say :troll: On a more serious note, could you get my set vs No_Skillz uploaded somehow? It's saved on your wii and not the SD card iirc.
7: Dai Luna: I played once or twice? gg's, we should play more
Nintendude & No_Skillz: I combined you two, because I still think I lost matches that I shouldn't have. But good **** beating me, and thanks for giving me motivation to practice more. gg's
9: Calm: gg's Friendlies were really fun. Chill dude, will definitely try and go to BEST.
psst, teach me how to beat No_Skillz too XD
9: Stack: Didn't get to play, but want to play against you
9: Beta: Didn't get to play, but want to play against you
13: Zero CD: wtf I don't even...
13: Rykard: gg's
13: Player 35: gg's
17: DWD: Thanks for playing Oli friendlies with me. Helped me understand the MU, so I won't lose to Nintendude again.
17: El Warrior: This lurker, I dunno if I should even give a shoutout :p. Also G&W's uair lol.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
if i didn't choke with that inhale game 3 i could have very well taken that set. sharky has taken games from you, james has beaten you, how many times have you played them? most likely a lot more than you have played me. we've played once. don't use 1 set for thinking you are much better than me.
i dont think we are the ones to blame for you only having "1 set" to prove how you couldnt play well. cura consistently goes to NYS tournies, giving everyone ample chances to prove they are better. it is not his fault that you choked in one set and then dissapear for a year and expect us to wait for you to show up again.

if you really think you are so good, go to more tournies and beat the people who are actually going to tournaments.

im also not trying to say you are bad, as ive stated before, but i definitely think, in the long run, between you and cura, cura would definitely win most, if not all the sets you guys were to play.

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
I still think we're giving Mauve too little credit...

Yes Cross, I played you one match before JamesG took me away to practice w/ you. I went Marth, I main Snake although dislike playing snake against Falco so, yes we should definetely play more. You should ditto Stack just to see how he compares to your Falco (He plays Link/Falco). And share tips what not. I hope to see you in BEST :p

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
i dont think we are the ones to blame for you only having "1 set" to prove how you couldnt play well. cura consistently goes to NYS tournies, giving everyone ample chances to prove they are better. it is not his fault that you choked in one set and then dissapear for a year and expect us to wait for you to show up again.

if you really think you are so good, go to more tournies and beat the people who are actually going to tournaments.

im also not trying to say you are bad, as ive stated before, but i definitely think, in the long run, between you and cura, cura would definitely win most, if not all the sets you guys were to play.
I know I haven't really gone to many tournaments, its hard to find rides. How many tournaments have there even been? I know I missed one in syracuse because I was home at the time, and I've probably missed others because of that too.

:phone:

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I beat sharky, who has beaten cura. Please guys.... we all know who deserves to be number 1 on the power rankings

its me
for melee too

Sharky

Smash Master
sorry dudu haven't taken any sets off him =(

edit: bcb could you please send me the tio file for the tourney if you have it still? calm and I had an idea for future tournaments and I'd kinda like to get access to the seedings we used here

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I know I haven't really gone to many tournaments, its hard to find rides. How many tournaments have there even been? I know I missed one in syracuse because I was home at the time, and I've probably missed others because of that too.

i was actually really dissapointed you didnt come to more tournaments. i was really happy to see you in the NY scene. where are you living now? im sure we can find you rides, there are always people around, just lurk the NYS PR board.

mostly as of now its going to be utican and BEST (in troy), and i know rochester is doing one, but idk if it will be on going.

try to get a ride to 7th best in a couple weeks! it'd be great to play you with my snake :p

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter I haven't either. But then neither has aquahahahahahahahahahahahHHAHhahahHhHDHahahAHAHAhahAHAHAhhahaHahAHAHA

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice job Mauve. Sorry I couldn't come, had a lab on Saturday.

Rykard

Smash Ace

don't worry! that's going to change now! and we can practice whenever you want so you will get some good playing in more often to show those syracuse kids you aren't free.

also, my sig is related to your name. i was going to mention this to you saturday, but i did not find it important

also #2, there needs to be a Utican Do It Again

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I KNEW your name was some kind of old Nickelodeon reference but I couldn't place my finger on it. I remember now. It's from that Hey Arnold episode where they build racecars right?

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
1: The Mauve Avenger - from the second i played u in pools i knew ud win this tournament, and no offense to metalpat but he'll be easy for u, and ive never played cura but im definitely rooting for u gl
2: Omega Tyrant - gj man we should team for next best, i need someone to carry my ***
3: JamesG - good friendlies i had a hard time getting past ur wall, nice lucario
4: L-Don - i shouldve beaten u but i was still so pissed about the last second bracket change and kept throwing out choke up b's, i wasnt in the right mindset but ggs, oh yea, take a shower
5: bcb - I was kind of being an ******* to u but ur wario is pretty legit, ggs
5: Sharky - didnt play this tourney but u seem like a cool guy, lets friendly next tourney
7: Dai Luna - no lucky f-smash this time!! ggs man im down to money match $1
7: Nintendude - err ppl dont know the olimar mu
9: No_Skillz - why u so bad?
9: Calm - thx for the ride we should money match $1
9: Stack - havent played ur falco definitely would like to, hit me up
9: Beta - marth sucks, main someone else
13: Zero CD -u said i got lucky but im pretty sure i suicided twice in our set, tripped during a chain grab and messed up several other chain grabs, u made a lot of easily punished mistakes and i capitalized, ggs nonetheless very good set
13: Rykard - who?
13: Perfect Agent -what?
13: Player 35 - .
17: DWD - ..?
17: Icer - ggs, sry if i came off like a douche i was salty i lost to l-don and had to play another marth
17: Grant - ggs little dude
17: El Warrior -.-
17: Uber Geek -.o
17: Christopher -_-
i was sleep deprived at this tournament, by the end i had been up for 23 hours.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yo dont think im targeting you or anything mauve, to be honest id touch everyones butt in the thread

-Cross-

Smash Ace
When will vids be up?

@No_Skillz: I think I did say you were lucky after the match, but that was just me being super salty. To clarify, thinking you were lucky =/= Me thinking that I should have won. I'm not going to discredit your win, and I'm looking forward to a rematch. :)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I added brackets and stuff to AiB, go http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12928 and register for badges.

Edit: Vids will be up sometime later this week hopefully. I wanna get Melee up and out of the way first, but the laptop's having trouble connecting to the internet for some reason. I might need to use an external harddrive to upload the vids for melee. After melee I'll start on brawl but I've got A LOT of that to take care of. That could take a while.

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Ya just to say about No Skillz comment about me. I did stink at the tournament cause I couldn't take a shower in the morning. I went to sleep around 2 AM on Saturday, woke up at 8, had to get my TV and disk ready for the tourney. Dropped it off at bcb's house and went to bowling. Bowling got me a bit tired and sweaty. Then I started to move tables, chairs and TVs for the tourney. Not time to eat or take a shower lol

Shoutouts:

The Mauve Avenger: The name is awesome lol Don't remember the episode though. I only played you in friendlies at the begining of the tournament. I was just messing around and actually thought you were free. You proved me wrong by getting first. Great job man, I'd also like to MM and play you =D

Tyrant: Our match wasn't even close lol I did terrible against you. I suck at the D3 MU. I'll work on it and beat you next time! I hope your ready!

JamesG: Our pools set wasn't even close lol But our match in Loser's Semis were pretty close. I didn't like CPing BF on you because Lucario is really good on that stage like Marth is. Also thnx for telling me about Lucario's and Marth's fair being same priority. I'll do some stuff different against you next time!

L-Don: You suck and stink. Take a shower on both odor and brawl skills

bcb: Man that was the closest set we've ever had lol Your getting a lot better sense I had to abuse the grab release :p Keep going man!

Sharky: Man we need a rematch lol I really want to play you against in bracket! If your going to the Rochester tourney we can MM there? Also thnx for the help on the brax!

Dai Luna: I didn't play you as well, I'd like to play you sometime. You beat Calm good job!

Nintendude: Man your a beast in both melee and brawl! A rematch would be really fun. MM would be great too. I hope you can probably teach me some melee lol I really suck at it and would really like to get better at it!

No Skillz: Our set was pretty good. I understand you being salty. It's ok. I use to be mad salty when I played wifi :p I'll MM you anytime :p

Calm: Didn't get to play you this time around, but nice seeing you come out. You can do A LOT better than what you placed! Remember that and keep working on your characters!

Stack: You got a lot better from the last tourney we played. Don't get why you didn't use Link against me? Your also a lot better than what you placed! Keep working on it!

Beta: I remember when you used Marth a while back and you played a lot of brawl. Now your a good brawl player and REALLY AWESOME melee player! I need to play you in brawl and maybe learn from you in melee :p Good luck with melee. Also, thnx for helping with the seeding of the bracket!

Zero CD: Man you beat bcb. That's really awesome. I thought you were going to place really high! I need to play you man. Can't wait till next tournament we both join! I also live in Utica maybe we can friendly a bit!

Rykard: Didn't get to play you in brawl but I seen you melee. Your a great player in melee. Keep it up!

Perfect Agent: Played you in pools. Nice Ike man. Can't wait to play you again! Keep working on him!

DWD: Good luck with improving man. That ghost pikmin glitch was weird lol Can't wait to play you!

El Warrior: Keep working on that Falco, good luck!

Everyone else = GGs

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The Mauve Avenger sounds like some superhero from one of the old american cartoons. I wanna say it was from Doug or Hey Arnold.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Mind letting me know how your sets went and what games were played on? I remember up to LSFs and all of the sets that I played in. Other than that, I need some help so I can organize out of which replays were saved. I might end up getting brawl matches up before melee ones, but I'll end up just doing bracket and not worrying about pools or anything else until after melee is settled.

Ex: I need help on Sharky vs. JamesG. What were the matches? The order? The stages? How many? Who won and by how many stocks + % range?

A lot of this stuff is scrambled and I can't decipher the order.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I figured you would've remembered the stages. I don't quite have the time to go through all of them right now but if needed I'll make a list of all the matches I saved. They're simply too many for me to do tonight (I got schoolwork to worry about).

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Against No Skillz I believe I only saved game

L-Don(Marth) vs No Skillz(Marth) SV Game 1 = L-Don(Marth) +1 around 60% I believe

Nintendude only saved game 1 I believe

L-Don(Marth) vs Nintendude(Olimar) SV game 1 = L-Don +1 Low %

Tyrant I don't even remember if I saved the replays but

L-Don(Marth) vs Tyrant(D3) SV game 1 = Tyrant +2 high %

L-Don(Marth) vs Tyrant(D3) FO game 2 = Tyrant +1 around 80%

The rest you know bcb

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
L-Don's matches are a perfect example. It doesn't need to be that perfect I just need as much as you can remember.

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
Perfectly imperfect, gotcha :p

Player 35 is an SU smasher who's tag was randomly generated on an XBOX 360 Console.

BTW, I believe he's interested in attending more tourneys and smashfests

Cura, come play w/ us when ever. You need a Wii and we need practice :D

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
someone beat you to it goggles, it was the name of a go-kart sort of thing from hey arnold
no kyle was right it was the super hero guy that eugene adored in hey arnold who turned out to be a loser phony with a stunt double. the go-kart was the mauve storm.

on another note and for totally different reasons, sharky is the best.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The go-kart was the Mauve Storm originally but then they couldn't agree on a name and called it the Mauve Avenger. I think the phony super hero guy was the abdicator or something like that.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
kk I scrapped some time so here's a huge list of what I've got to record =)

Sharky vs Red ICs on FD
Sharky vs Default ROB on CS
Cyan Yoshi vs Red Marth on SV
Cyan Yoshi vs Red Snake on Brinstar
Cyan Yoshi vs Red Lucario on FD
Cyan Yoshi vs Red Lucario on BF
Cyan Yoshi vs Red Snake on YI
Default snake vs Red Lucario on BF
Gold Link vs Default ROB on SV
Gold Link vs Default ROB on BF
Default Sonic vs Default Mario on PS2 (Friendly I'm almost 100% sure)
Light Blue Marth vs Black Marth on SV
White Wolf vs Default Kirby on Halberd
Default Snake vs Default D3 on Halberd
Red Olimar vs Cyan Yoshi on BF
Light Blue Marth vs Red Lucario on SV
Red Lucario vs White Wolf on Halberd
Red Lucario vs Default D3 on FD
Default Kirby vs White Wolf on SV
Light Blue Marth vs Black Wario on Frigate (I think I know which one this is, lol)
Beta vs bcb
Dai's Pikachu vs Sharky on Brinstar
Dai vs JamesG on PS1
Dai vs JamesG on Halberd
Red Olimar vs Black Wario on SV
Beta vs bcb
bcb vs Mauve on SV
ZeroCD DK vs Tyrant on PS1
bcb vs Mauve on SV
bcb vs Mauve on FO
Sharky vs Default Wolf labeled as CuraM on FD
Sharky vs White Link (CuraM) on YI
Dai's Pikachu vs Sharky on FD
Tyrant vs Sharky on PS1
bcb vs ZeroCD on SV
Toon Link vs bcb on SV
L-Don vs bcb on SV
bcb vs ZeroCD on FO
bcb vs P35 on SV
P35 vs bcb on BF
Stack vs Sharky on SV
Stack vs Sharky on FD
bcb vs Dai on BF
bcb vs Dai on PS1
L-Don vs bcb on SV
Sharky vs Brown Ganondorf (CuraM) on FO

I'm guessing CuraM is Calm

Sharky

Smash Master
curam is cura. Also I'd check the dates for those first few matches, I know for a fact the first two are from best

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
The dates don't tell me when the match was played. Only when I received them on my wii/sd card.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
White Wolf vs Default Kirby on Halberd
Default Snake vs Default D3 on Halberd
Red Lucario vs White Wolf on Halberd
Red Lucario vs Default D3 on FD
Default Kirby vs White Wolf on SV
ZeroCD DK vs Tyrant on PS1
Tyrant vs Sharky on PS1
All of these are matches that involve me.

With White Wolf vs. Kirby on Halberd, if Wolf won, it was game 2 of winner finals against Mauve. If the Kirby won, it's game 3 of grand finals.

Snake (me) vs. Dedede (Mauve) was game 4 of winner finals.

Red Lucario vs. White Wolf and Dedede was game 4 and 5 respectively, of my loser finals set against James G.

The last two matches on there would have to be friendlies, as I didn't play ZeroCD in pools nor bracket, and I didn't play Sharky on PS1 in our bracket set.

Edit: Also, in regards to the replays saved on my SD card that bcb didn't get (such as ZeroCD's match against Sharky), I'm currently unable to record the matches to upload to Youtube. I can send them to you however if you request (or send them to someone who can record them).

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
are those the replays from the wii with the projector? wheres my set with zerocd?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I don't believe they were recorded at the time because nobody saved the replays to that set. ^

Tyrant if you could send them to me by my email I'd be glad to take them bcbro@ymail.com

Unless you wanna put them through a mediafire or something but I think email's easier.

Top Bottom