• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UVIC Bi-Weekly Tournaments (Feb 14th Results up, next tourney still TBA)

Metà

Smash Master
yea that was fun.

captain falcon challenge=too good.
lmao, yeah that alone would have made my trip worthwhile :laugh:

so, results?
IIRC, something like this:

SSBM Singles:
1) Meta
2) Kuriko
3) Rusty
4) Hillary
5) Daze
etc.

SSBB 2v2
1) A6M + liverymen
2) Meta + Rusty
...can't remember anyone else's names >_>

SSBB 1v1
1) A6M
2) liverymen
and then some other people I dunno

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
sup guys, i just getting into the competitive scene. im a C.River boy, I'll see if i can drive down to Uvic for one of your tourneys, or if theres anyone that wants to brawl online my FC is on the left, i get zero lag it seems when i play people on the island or in BC. take it easy fellow island brawlers.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
lmao, yeah that alone would have made my trip worthwhile :laugh:

IIRC, something like this:

SSBM Singles:
1) Meta
2) Kuriko
3) Rusty
4) Hillary
5) Daze
etc.

SSBB 2v2
1) A6M + liverymen
2) Meta + Rusty
...can't remember anyone else's names >_>

SSBB 1v1
1) A6M
2) liverymen
and then some other people I dunno
SSBB 2v2
3) APPLES OF ADVENTUROUS SOMETHING OR OTHER!!!

BTW, I'll try to get videos up within the next week, accept for maybe the FALCON CHALLENGE compilation, depends how much I feel like putting into it right now.

As for what was recorded, some brawl doubles (at least grand finals, possibly winners finals too, not sure) and a whole lot of melee, including all singles finals and too many friendlies.

Edit: Turns out a bit of Brawl singles was also recorded.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Excellent having vids up Rusty.

I missed most of brawl grand finals because I had to go hunt down Tim

Metà

Smash Master
I wish I could go, but I'm busy with school and homework and stuff. : (

After midterms (in about a month), I may try to make it to another one of these.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
i was gonna come here just to bump it but it looks like you 2 took care of it for me. I may have gotten 2 friends to come. I'll notify ross and kurtis as well and hopefully they'll show up.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
yea, there is 99% chance gona be a 64 tourney. just havent posted the rules cuz rob hasnt given me them i think.
but its most likely very similar to the other games.... neutrals, counterpicks, 5 stocks, best of 3 until important matches which are best of 5 blahlblahlalblalhlhallala

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
64 Singles:

$5 entry fee. Pot split 70:30 ***or whatever the two person split is. Edit this Francis if necessary***
Bring your own controller (I have spares, but they are not good).
5 stocks
All items off
Matches are best 2 of 3, and best 3 of 5 for all finals (winner, loser, grand). Winner of loser’s final must win two sets.
Each player may ban one stage for the set. Dreamland cannot be banned (neutral)
First stage is Dreamland. Other games: Loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character. You cannot choose a stage you have previously won on.
Neutral: Dreamland
Counterpick: Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Hyrule Castle, Planet Zebes, Saffron City.
Banned: Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi’s Story, Sector Z.
If both players agree, a banned stage may be counterpicked.
DK's cargo is allowed. If the opponent does not wiggle out, you must throw them or you will be called for stalling.

64 Doubles (if enough interest):

Same rules as above, with the following changes:

$5 per team. Winning team splits the entire pot
Team attack on.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Are chain grabs allowed in this tourny?
As far as I know, all chain grabs in all 3 games are allowed, with a special rule on 64 DK cargo grab, as explained in the 64 rules set.

Infinites in all 3 games are allowed up to a certain percentage (don't remember what). Continuing to do an infinite past that point can be considered stalling.

Kuriko

Smash Apprentice
Speaking for Melee, the % wobbling is allowed up to (if it isn't banned) is generally left up to the organizer. I'd say no higher than 300% though. Maybe 250%.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
I'm capping the tourney rules at 200%. Chainthrowing, infinites, wobbling, or anything of that nature can go as high as 200% before it will be considered stalling, which counts towards disqualification. 200% is enough percent to kill your opponent easily so going anywhere beyond that is just wrong.

Kuriko

Smash Apprentice
I agree, you can live past 200% with good DI on certain stages depending on where you're positioned. IC usmash will still kill long before that though, so it shouldn't be an issue.

EDIT: I still vote 250%, but no one plays ICs so it doesn't matter.

Corruption.

Smash Rookie
are there no rules against cg`s or infinites? I`ve heard most tourneys now a days have the 3 throws per chain limit.....note: im talking about brawl...as obvious as it may be i just thought id throw that in there....

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
lol, thats freaking Houston, TX, with their un-educated TO hating on ice climbers.
Seriously, do whatever you want in any game except the side b glitch with ICs (melee), excessive ledge stalling (braw)l, and wobbling past 300% (melee).
dont worry about it. its not like any of that is going to happen. if it does its really easy to deal with with TOs around.

Metà

Smash Master
I'm capping the tourney rules at 200%. Chainthrowing, infinites, wobbling, or anything of that nature can go as high as 200% before it will be considered stalling, which counts towards disqualification. 200% is enough percent to kill your opponent easily so going anywhere beyond that is just wrong.
It really should go to %300, especially in Brawl where there are so few reliable KO moves (with some characters).

Yaya

Smash Champion
I might be able to make it, it depends on if Nic's ride wants me to come along as well.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
ok fine. 300% it is.

And what Francis said too. No glitches or game breaking moves like ice climber freeze or crap like that.

And like Francis said as well...TOs will be watching you...

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
man my TL was not at his A game and nicks fox is way to good lol, me and ewic didnt do to bad for just random doubles team tho! ill get ya guys next time =D btw who was the marth i play'd first game his marth was excellent, stupid TIP!!! so had him!

Briefcase

Smash Rookie
4th is a step up from 9th, so I guess I'm happy, and on a completely related note, you guys owe me $3.50, as I only acquired a fiver.... don't make me break kneecaps.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
I had a great time there, and I will definitely return two Saturdays from now!

Also, I think I've found a couple others who may be interested in coming. (The more the merrier, right?)

Oh, and I'll bring my Wii + Brawl + Melee next time as well, in case we're running short on any systems/games.

Top Bottom