• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UW Friday Biweeklies with Toph - Last(?) one 6/11/2010

Eggz

Smash Hero
Theres a TourneyPlay circuit and a GameClucks league. Gameclucks league runs through the NW and TourneyPlay circuit runs through the west coast.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
hmmm, considering ur the only person in WA who knows about this, I have my doubts as to its success. But irrelevant, Ill try to support when I can.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Hey we have two silver controllers left over since the last smashfest if anyone is missing a controller. And no shane they aren't yours.

Eggz

Smash Hero
hmmm, considering ur the only person in WA who knows about this, I have my doubts as to its success. But irrelevant, Ill try to support when I can.
Chris doesn't see people from smashboards going to his events, so he doesn't feel the need to advertise on smashboards since its unrelated to his event success. You only look in two threads on here that aren't run by GC (and the mewtwo boards of course) and expect up to date info lol

If you had gone to the last two gameclucks, you would've been made to enter your information into the league database and been told about it by the guy running the league website.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
so what you are saying is that he is running a brawl league

and yes andy/otto its austin's thanks, I meant to post about it but I forgot.

How can I be an effective spammer if I only look/post in two threads? Get ur story straight bro.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
so what you are saying is that he is running a brawl league

and yes andy/otto its austin's thanks, I meant to post about it but I forgot.
you're an idiot.
3 - I was disappointed at the Melee scene... it just sort of proves that Melee is dead. If people are not going to show up for a tournament that is well run (though I didnt run anything for Melee personally this time since it was so small) and everyone knows will be well run, then why bother doing it at all anymore?
Thus the TourneyPlay Gaming League is not likely to have Melee at it. Its a waste of my time to do anything Melee related.
Washington has proven that, SoCal has proven that.
Whatever reason, and we know its not cost, because Pound was significantly more then TP5, Melee wont show up except in rare and extreme cases like Pound and Genesis.
Its pretty sad when Washington Melee Scene >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. SoCal's
I get almost as many Melee 1v1 entries at Local GCs as we got at TP5... and that is w/o UW showing in full force, if UW comes we can break 20 entries.
LMAO, sooo brawl league as far as im concerned.

Eggz

Smash Hero
HugS wrote at 11:54 AM on May 26, 2010 :
I'm coming in june 24/25/26. I may only be tied up during the day.

I may also be able to stay June 27/28. Tournament :) ?

I can't put together tournaments, so its all on you guys. dnt **** it up.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
HugS wrote at 11:54 AM on May 26, 2010 :
I'm coming in june 24/25/26. I may only be tied up during the day.

I may also be able to stay June 27/28. Tournament :) ?

I can't put together tournaments, so its all on you guys. dnt **** it up.
yes yes yes yes yes :) :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Is there anyway that vish could host it at his house? with no venue.

I kno sometimes its an inconvienience but Im sure ppl will be glad to help clean up if necessary, and it would only be 1/2 a day. I think it would be easier and a bit more beneficial just because of location.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
We could just do a smashfest. I wouldn't mind having it at my place. :P

Although I'd hope everyone would show up, and we could do a lil bracket or somethin'. Maybe draft crews. Draft crews are fun once in a while, and if everyone good shows up (Shane, Otto, everyone from UW, and like Phong Paff etc.) it'll be a lot of fun.

PhongP

Smash Cadet
****it toph, you shoulda had it AFTER finals! Lol, oh well. I'm not sure if i can make it to this one if i'm goin to the Dan3

USB

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna try to make it to this. I went to one of these before, really enjoyed it, and then just stopped attending for practically no reason. It's about time I tried again to get into the Smash scene.

hey silentwolf where did u get that sweet *** iso for the sweet textures
you send an email to (cant remember the email) and it auto responds with a pretty good iso. the email is in the first post of the melee hacks thread in melee discussion. then i got some extra textures from this site:

http://illusorylabyrinth.wordpress.com/

then i added all the songs myself and made pretty much all the fox falco and pikachu ones.

downspike

Smash Rookie
thanks silentwolf i figured it out, and spent about an hour modding my wii for it lol. the only thing i cant figure out is how to add music i want to the stages

when you send the email to sreeepyk@gmail.com it should include a list that tells you which stage is which when you open the gcm/iso file in gc tool. unless you mean you arent sure how to convert them to hps format.

Top Bottom