• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uwe Boll

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I searched the forums to find only locked topics about this man. The man of controversy I speak of is Uwe Boll, a German filmmaker. He is infamous for creating terribad movies, usually based off of video games. He is so bad that some have started a petition saying if 1,000,000 signatures are obtained, that he should stop making movies. Boll responded to this with a video seen here. In this video he calls for a "Pro Boll" petition in which he thinks he will receive 1,000,000 votes Pro Boll.

I came across this subject some months ago by a friend who showed me some quite funny parodies of the above video, that can be seen here and here. The videos still make me laugh as much as the first time I saw them.

I bring this up because I have never actually seen a Boll film. I have read reviews, talked to others, and done my share of research. Most people seem to all have a condescending view on him, but he does have his fans out there. I keep telling my previously stated friend that we should rent one of his movies and watch it for a good laugh, but he says it's not even worth it. So what do you guys think? Is the Pool Room "Pro Boll" or "Boll Haters"?

Blackadder

Smash Master
He makes bad movies. So?
So for a long long time he was making large sums of money from his films. The WORSE they were, the MORE money he got!

Some tax loop thing.

That and some of the games he turns into films had potential to be good -- or so I hear.

Crank

Smash Apprentice
I heard postal wasn't all that bad... still bad, but not all THAT bad. I signed the Anti Boll petition as well lol.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
In the Name of the King was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen

it just wasn't supposed to be a comedy
My buddies and I where dying of laughter because it was so rediculous and had some horrible plot holes.

They didn't tell me UWE BOLL was the director, I would have never went to it.

After seeing Blood Rayne in the theaters I lost faith in video game to movie movies. Bloodrayne was sooooo bad.

Top Bottom