• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

i used to do that, but i've grown to hate the idea of giving away positional advantage by going offstage.

i think it's a terrible idea.
I have arrived at the conclusion that no matter what you do, you end up being at a disadvantage. Wether you do so by running away, being offstage or trying to take flight. As you said offstage, it's really bad due to how risky it is if you get hit. It's also just as bad if you are in the air if you were against someone say marth who can keep you juggled forever. And trying to roll away could lead to punishment. Imagine rolling in a peach ditto and you eat a dsmash. Ouch!

MacD

Banned via Administration
there are times i think floating off stage is a good thing, you just gotta be aware of the what the character can do to you, and what your opponent does

one of my friends if i float off stage will just run to the other side of the stage... and he plays sheik :/ sheik's can just fair you or something, it's not really smart to do against her

if i do go floating offstage, i think i almost always have a turnip just because i feel it makes things a little easier to get back down

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
my peach is getting better just by playing fox and reading this peach thread. lol thanks guys.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i bet every question to be asked has been asked multiple times.

on a semi related note, does dair to grab combo like fox's dair grab?
i know it CAN, but is it supposed to or do i get lucky?

mhenlo

Smash Apprentice
The shield stun is only i think 3 frames of hit lag so i don't think you can and if its float canceled you have 4 frames of landing lag

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
kk. it's a cool mixup but i'm gonna not try that anymore. i lose more than i win with the dair. i need to learn when and how to use it.

i bet every question to be asked has been asked multiple times.

on a semi related note, does dair to grab combo like fox's dair grab?
i know it CAN, but is it supposed to or do i get lucky?
kk. it's a cool mixup but i'm gonna not try that anymore. i lose more than i win with the dair. i need to learn when and how to use it.
My conclusion would be to only grab against someone if they are in a shield.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
My conclusion would be to only grab against someone if they are in a shield.
i played peach a few matches last night and 90% of my grabs were setup by dash attacks.

i know this is a captain obvious comment, but dash attack to grab is so good.

i played peach a few matches last night and 90% of my grabs were setup by dash attacks.

i know this is a captain obvious comment, but dash attack to grab is so good.
I was referring to Dair hitting a shield. Not all cases.

I sort of agree that Dair is too DIable for it to really combo into anything and is more of a disruptive move. If the case came to Dair hitting the opponent, I would think that trying to go for a grab would require you to read the DI incase they could go behind you. However, if Dair hits a shield, then going into a grab would be the most logical choice or an attempt with Dsmash to poke the shield.

Cia

das kwl
How should i di sheiks throws and how do i deal with sheik bair camping?
DI the Dthrow Up+Away. But be ready to DI an aerial directly after. Also, mash A like crazy. You may end up Nairing her before she hits you. As for bair camping, just Dash attack right under it. You'll either trade with the weak hit or beat it out completely.

*Go for the dash attack whenever Sheik attempts to land near you.

mhenlo

Smash Apprentice
DI the Dthrow Up+Away. But be ready to DI an aerial directly after. Also, mash A like crazy. You may end up Nairing her before she hits you. As for bair camping, just Dash attack right under it. You'll either trade with the weak hit or beat it out completely.

*Go for the dash attack whenever Sheik attempts to land near you.
also what do you suggest i use to punish Sheiks landing lag from recovering?

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
OOOOO, good ****, Vanz. The falcon match-up has been giving me headaches lately. I like how you KNEW hax was going to up air from the ledge at the end, baited that **** and grabbed him for the win.

Cia

das kwl
vanz, how do you escape the aerial -> gentleman shield pressure twice like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSN5OJF6DTE#t=0m36s

it looks like you cc the gentleman and grab or fsmash, is that right?
I just CC and hit Z on reaction to the hit. When you get jabbed, you turn in the direction of the hit, so it's pretty reliable =]

thanks general, falcon is still my least favorite match up, but i think i FINALLY may be getting better at it.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys know of any videos or matches that would be exceptionally good to watch for implementing turnip tricks like z-dropping etc ?

Also can we discuss team play for a bit? I normally team with a very aggressive C.Falcon player and a Ganon player. I'm very defensive in teams and normally only get a couple kills but I'd like to be able to punish and edge-guard better in teams so any advice is welcome. What are some of your favorite stages to counterpick or ban? I personally almost always ban Yoshi's Story in teams and even in singles which I think may not be the best idea. In teams I like to counter pick either KJ64 or FD/DL.

Cia

das kwl
I'm a big fan of banning YS in singles, but it's pretty useful in doubles because of the many opportunities you get for cluster Dsmashes. but on to edge guarding, you can use many different tactics depending on how you and your partner work together.

for example. when teczero and I team, he'll usually hold the ledge and keep the other opponent away while I go offstage for the edge guard. should i miss my target, teco will finish what i started.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
IMO YS in doubles is great for Peach, she's slow and having a small stage helps her because she can cover a lot of ground because the stage is smaller. Allowing a fox to kill you at ~10% earlier is a perfectly fine trade.

The reason why I don't like KJ/DL so much when I go peach in doubles is that I have a much harder time helping my partner. If peach is the aggressor this can usually be overcome though.

Just my 2 cents, but I play fox so what do i know ;)

MacD

i don't like kj just cause it's too big for me and love yoshi's in singles and teams since i'm super aggressive

in singles it's just kinda whatever you like and dislike for the most part and whatever fits your style better

Cia

das kwl
i don't like kj just cause it's too big for me and love yoshi's in singles and teams since i'm super aggressive

in singles it's just kinda whatever you like and dislike for the most part and whatever fits your style better

I wanna see your Peach vs Hazz Fox. I feel like that would be a hilarious match

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD!

Vanz plays LoL.

You're now my favorite person in the world ( for like 5 minutes).

Hit me up in LoL cutie, Alanspectro. We gotta play!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The lowest percents at which the strong hit of Peach's unstaled dash attack can be CC'ed are as follows -

Doc/Mario/Luigi: 42%
Bowser: 47%
Peach: 39%
Yoshi: 44%
DK: 46%
Captain Falcon: 43%
Ganondorf: 44%
Falco: 37%
Fox: 35%
Ness: 40%
Ice Climbers: 39%
Kirby: Crouches too low
Samus: 45%
Zelda/Sheik: 39%
Link: 43%
Young Link: 38%
Pichu: 30%
Pikachu: 37%
Jigglypuff: Crouches too low
Mewtwo: 38%
Mr. Game and Watch: Crouches too low
Roy/Marth: 38%

Cia

das kwl
OH MY GOD!

Vanz plays LoL.

You're now my favorite person in the world ( for like 5 minutes).

Hit me up in LoL cutie, Alanspectro. We gotta play!
I gotchu =D you may have to teach me some stuff. I started like.. a day ago lol.

The lowest percents at which the strong hit of Peach's unstaled dash attack can be CC'ed are as follows -

Doc/Mario/Luigi: 42%
Bowser: 47%
Peach: 39%
Yoshi: 44%
DK: 46%
Captain Falcon: 43%
Ganondorf: 44%
Falco: 37%
Fox: 35%
Ness: 40%
Ice Climbers: 39%
Kirby: Crouches too low
Samus: 45%
Zelda/Sheik: 39%
Link: 43%
Young Link: 38%
Pichu: 30%
Pikachu: 37%
Jigglypuff: Crouches too low
Mewtwo: 38%
Mr. Game and Watch: Crouches too low
Roy/Marth: 38%
O_O

VERY NICE CR. thank you for testing these. I'm gonna OP this.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So yeah....I was playing D1 last night. I was trying some stuff out, and I think Ftilt is one of my new favorite moves, xD. It interrupts so well, and is a good mix-up option. I know some people don't like it, but I think it's actually really useful. Also...I <3 turnips. Tricksies, ftw.

I've got some really nasty habits I can only overcome by playing people. >_< I guess I have to try and get out to NY more often at this rate.
Edit:
Yay Ftilt!!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfHqohKluH8

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Thats common knowledge?

You just have to smash-B your peach bomber (because theres nothing behind you).

The Irish Mafia

got 3rd at a tournament yesterday, idk if i still suck at this game
played for forever with Mofo, the mofo, and he is the best ness in the world
none the less his fox is sexy/constantly improving and we are now teaming

Mofo says i need my peach to be more threatening. Any tips on this? I know vanz is famous for his imposing style. I think I need to work on my overall spacing before I can use it properly but I need to figure out how to make it seem like I'm covering more options than I am. I've picked up the "dash attack a lot then grab them later" and it's worked well, and I want to use more of this style of pressure. Empty float to grab is amazing btw

nkd

Smash Rookie
Thats common knowledge?

You just have to smash-B your peach bomber (because theres nothing behind you).
No need to be all up in my grill with the passive aggressive attitude man, if i'm honest i was just posting the link because it's a sick clip then justifying it by talking about peach bomber.

Anyway according to someone on youtube (I think it was ajp anton in which case i'd believe it) on fd and other stages that move outwards like that you don't even have to smash, just spam B.

mhenlo

Smash Apprentice
No need to be all up in my grill with the passive aggressive attitude man, if i'm honest i was just posting the link because it's a sick clip then justifying it by talking about peach bomber.

Anyway according to someone on youtube (I think it was ajp anton in which case i'd believe it) on fd and other stages that move outwards like that you don't even have to smash, just spam B.
smashing it isnt the hard part the timing is the hard part

Rosedemon

Smash Champion

All up in your grill.

We serious right now?

VA

Smash Hero
Kirbykaze not coming to apex means I've lost my team partner :(

Does anyone want to team with a good teams Peach/Fox from England?

john!

Smash Hero
I smash the Peach Bombers every time. It's not really hard to learn the timing for it.

And LoL is awesome :D I started a few days ago and my favorite so far (of the free 10) is Tristana. She *****. I'm aenguskhan if you see me around.

Top Bottom