• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Composeur

Smash Ace
Is there ever a situation in which a character can't get out of a parasol trap with correct DI/SDI?

Ambix

Smash Ace
Swift is amazing but his predictability in those videos makes me upset.....luckily i'm about to move to Pittsburgh in 2 days so i'll definately get a chance to play him.....unless that's a different swift. Not sure now actually....i heard the Pittsburgh swift played cactaur and cort a lot and that guys fox and falco look so wimpy......

moreover, power shielding isn't 100% reliable.

I can power shield Dairs and lazers perfectly too....when I see them coming. The decent falco's I play know how to be unpredictable with lazers and approaches which gets me stomped when I just try to run in willy nilly and power shield everything.

Good spacing and being careful is always useful.....it's also easier for newer players who's tech isn't that well developed yet.

You don't need good reflexes to stay away from obviously dangerous situations.....hell you don't even need to push a button.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think you're thinking of swiftbass. This swift is from Texas.

And that's the Falco handbook lolololol

They're just friendlies though so it's mostly just ****ing around

Ambix

Smash Ace
I think you're thinking of swiftbass. This swift is from Texas.

And that's the Falco handbook lolololol

They're just friendlies though so it's mostly just ****ing around
well there's a conversation starter when i meet him next week.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Learn how to dash out of throw ASAP. It's not too hard. I can do the Peach CG at about 25 if I bother to practice it for like 5-10 mins before playing. You ABSOLUTELY have to dash grab at low percents. At higher percents you can switch to JC for a bit but just doing dash grab is recommended. It's easier. Bigger window to hit them.

Learn how to dash --> SH Nair on the DI away at 105%+. So many Peaches fail this. Being able to finish your CG is super, super crucial.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
alright, thanks everyone.

ok update, I'm trying to practice this but most of the time she just stands there and grabs. Does this mean im donig it to fast? to slow?

The rest of the time I will dash but wont catch the spacie with the actual grab until like 50ish percent, I'm trying to learn it starting from 30 % because I heard its possible.

Is there a certain trick to this or something?

and I'am using her dash grab to do it.

Thanks guys

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have horrible tech skill so I do u-throw to dash attack to grab if I don't think I can recatch them.

If I were you I wouldn't try to learn the timing at 30%. Start from where you know it and work down. That's how I did it.

I'm dumb and weird.

All you have to do is move the control stick hard enough and press z. Seems like you're either moving the control stick too early or too late.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
You're most likely trying to dash too early, before her grab animation is completely done. I recommend just practice uthrow->dash away (without regrab) just to get a feel for how early you can do it, and once you get the timing down then start practicing the CGs. There's definitely a delay between grabs, and it's probably a bit longer than you'd think.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I second what HondaFoo said. I had the same problem, and it was definitely because I was trying to dash too soon. You can practice on Fox if you set the CPU to lvl 3 because that particular level will use heavy DI after the first grab, for some reason (go to FD, obviously). I THINK you might also be able to use training mode if you set the CPU to evade, in which case it's even more ideal because you have total control over the CPU's % damage. (I can't test it because I couldn't bring a GC to my current residence >_<)

That's definitely the most efficient way to practice. Start by waiting before you dash, and then keep decreasing the length of your wait. When you start missing your dashes again, you'll know you've found the very threshold of how fast you can CG. Also, when the Fox is at low %s you'll probably have to grab a bit sooner into your dash than you expect in order to not whiff it; at least that's what I found.

There's a rhythm to it, just like the peach bomber trick (though it's harder to practice). Once you get it down, your fingers will do it automatically (though you still have to pay attention because good players will mix their DI up way more deftly than the CPU).

Cia

das kwl
IMO i think the ic's ditto counters ic's harder than peach

;)
-_-

While it is technically possible for the ditto to be a character's toughest match up. (i.e. Fox) a ditto match up is never a true "counter." And I strongly believe Peach beats ICz harder than ICz.

KirbyKaze - Not to discourage you from playing Peach, but you should really just get good at doing Shiek vs ICz. Once you really learn it, you are going to love it. I'm 100% certain that Wobbles is at least twice as good as my Sheik and I brought him to last stock in the friendly we played. Short hop aerials are your friend.

:teemo:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Doesn't shiek just have to camp really hard in the ic's matchup?

Also doll showed me that if you float and dair ic's shield it ***** them. They can't do anything about it or something weird. IDK anything about ICs

MacD

Banned via Administration
Wow, I'm gonna have to try that sometime. Thanks
I think I will too when I get a chance.
i'm going to assume you both mean about the parasol up b oos

he didn't even hit it like he was supposed to, the point of the up b is to hit them when they are in your sheild or just above you trying to pressure, he missed falco because he was behind him, (aka fail up b oos) but falco jumped into the end of it and made it easy to get the combo out of it

not saying that you can't up b oos and get it to work, but what he did there wasn't how it should go, if falco was in the hitbox at first like doh had probably planned, he woulda been sent flying backwards and there would have been no parasol combo. hell, if falco short hopped his next attack, doh probably would have gotten hit by it because falco was far behind him

from what i remember seeing (cause i personally never do it) is that they get hit by the hitbox that sends people flying to the side or hits them so that they won't be combo'd out of it. i mean yes you can, but from what i remember seeing it doesn't happen perfectly that often

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah, I mean, it doesn't seem like something that would happen in a match very often, but I more meant trying it for fun just to try and get it to work.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I think I may secondary this silly, lethargic bimbo again.

Partly because I hate ICs and partly to fulfill the stereotype.

Don't be discouraged by Vanz. I think it's a good idea because there are several IC players that are getting very good, and you already seem to know a lot about Peach. We need more high-level players to help advance the Peach metagame...I still think that's possible.

Top Bottom