• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Sim

Smash Apprentice
We can't help much beyond what you missed.

I mean, what's the point telling you not to get combo'd by Falcon if you obviously didn't get combo'd?

We tell you what we see in case you didn't. If you saw everything already well, good for you, but don't post the video here, because no one will post concerning the, let's say, commentary in those vids.

:)

VA

Smash Hero
Then why...did you...post them?
I....thought....they....were....interesting?

We can't help much beyond what you missed.

I mean, what's the point telling you not to get combo'd by Falcon if you obviously didn't get combo'd?

We tell you what we see in case you didn't. If you saw everything already well, good for you, but don't post the video here, because no one will post concerning the, let's say, commentary in those vids.

:)
lol ok I won't post vids in the future because I don't want inane critique

uh.

then you obviously do have a problem with tech skill.
fine if that's how you'd define it. not what I'd call it but ok.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Every single person from California at my college (in Ohio) has absolutely no clue where most US states are. Seriously. What's the deal with that?
we're probably elitist and don't care about other states, we know WC, NY, FL, TX and probably Maine since it's a corner state lol. oh i forgot Alaska and Hawaii, we know those too

i mean, who gives a crap about where some random midwest state is, they are hicks and the weather sucks

.... give or take :grin:

though they actually put a geography class in my high school that freshman had to take, too bad it was when i was a junior :p

Sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath and say thanks for being told that you missed a chaingrab or something
lololollol, good times, good times

It's just annoying how someone's always being catty / being defensive / being argumentative in general here, and I know it's the peach boards and I expect that, but i feel like we should avoid it when we can
where is the fun in that???

@ va it seemed like you half wanted critique, and with the skipping in the vids, it's harder to point out those small things (then again, not like i can in the first place lol). but had you been out right "yes i missed all the edge guards, etc and no i don't want advice" then no one would have cared to give any

i was actually going to point out different edgeguards that would have been proper for different times you then, then i didn't care and now it's obviously not worth our time to do so

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So avoiding Falco's lasering and approaching him. Can we talk about that?

I'm having trouble getting in on Falco. His Bair is really good, his U-tilt is really good, and his ability to shoot me frustrates me.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I would tell you all but you know too many of my ninja tricks.

Well I might post something on it when I have time =3

The biggest thing I'll say is FH floats.

That float height is the perfect height to fly above any SHL height from the ground.

If falco runs away to the edge to shoot you with run off DJ lasers just fall and pull a turnip as fast as you can.

Then lemme think some more. I think I would use dair and float back fairs in this match up but I suck at this match up too so who knows.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7VTRecGl8M

my peach combo vid,

... also VA!! really why do you care so much... you somewhat asked for the help by posting your vids here, now your getting so yeah, you should be happy the peach players are even helping you... :)... i think your peach is awesome Btw... you know what you need to work on, know one has to tell you that, so WORKK ON IT... DONT QUIT LIFE!!!, (quitING melee thats silly)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Doll powershieds every laser and there's that special sh float height thing. Just be careful cuz he can aerial you out of that so space accordingly.

I think there was this video of Vwins vs. some Falco and you can see how much better Vwins does when he starts floating higher instead of floating closer to the ground. Then again i suck, but that's what doll pointed out too. Don't **** me with logic.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey guys,

I would really appreciate some advice right now.

I first want to say that I'm really excited with the progress I've made in Melee. I look back at my older videos and see dramatic improvement.

I didn't play my best at this tournament, but there were glimpses of beauty in my Peach. I've been going dealing with some tough personal issues lately. I threw my controller a few times and yelled out obscenities quite a few times.

I wrote one of the longest posts of my life in the results thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12149537&postcount=1570

Anywho, here are some videos of the videos from the most recent tournament I attended:

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Rubyiris :falco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx7cakq6XAU
I would love some advice on this video!! Usually I beat Xander at every tournament, but he really stepped it up and his out of state experience really helped him too.

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Axe :pikachu: :falco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfWtQDZcy3A
I would also love some advice!! Specifically, MacD. Teach me how to fight Pikachu!! Ughh, and more tips on Falco would be nice. I hate that matchup DX

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. South Paw :sheik:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVXYJUPSHw4
An old school player. Very fun matches.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Inc post that is neither nice nor sugarcoated.

what makes you think I wanted a given kind of reaction? I was just posting videos, not even for critique. I didn't want to hear generic things like "you so bad at falcon edgeguard", how is that even useful other than to put me down? I even put "macd I know I suck" in order to deter the inevitable **** talk from mccain.

people think I am unable to watch my videos and see the BLATENT mistakes I was making. Furthermore they actually think that I wasn't thinking that myself DURING THOSE MATCHES.
Brb, posting videos of myself in a TACTICAL DISCUSSION thread, and then expecting them to not be discussed. LAWLS.

Like seriously? You clearly have some weird thought pattern where you wanna post a video because its interesting (lolforthesakeofpostingitlol), but also dont want it critiqued. Not only that, but you proceed to throw a hissy fit over people giving "blatant" (read: generic) advice that you claim to have already picked up.

Bro, if I post a video of me getting chain grabbed in a shiek ditto, best believe I will not be upset by someone telling me not to get grabbed. If you're ****ing up on THE BASICS, then you need to go back to 1st grade and reevaluate things.

still missing the point, you posted your vids for crit, I didn't.

w.e character boards are for dummies anyway, or at least they used to be when I mained samus :p
It's just annoying how someone's always being catty / being defensive / being argumentative in general here, and I know it's the peach boards and I expect that, but i feel like we should avoid it when we can
Hold on, lemme be all nice and snuggly when someone calls me dumb, and gets mad at ME for helping THEM.

Just as Shonen pointed out, you should be thankful that players are even helping you, and instead of throwing an immature tantrum like I just read, you should be asking for more elaborate details on the critiques. If theres **** you just dont wanna hear, then tell them "I understand I missed the edgeguard here and here, but is there anyway you think I could improve on it?"

It's part of the reason I lose because as a game goes on if I feel like I've done the wrong thing a lot I get frustrated.
Now I dont want this just to be a post of me calling someone out on their bull****, so im going to offer a piece of advice that you really need to learn.

OBSERVE MATCHES OBJECTIVELY!

If you go into a match with a fair amount of confidence, and then lose, do NOT beat yourself up about the lose itself. Recall the match and think about things you did and WHY you did them, and not the outcome of the match in question. If you can do this, and totally escape any emotional feeling you had to that lose, you could probably step out of this defensive shell you're in.

MacD

If you go into a match with a fair amount of confidence, and then lose, do NOT beat yourself up about the lose itself. Recall the match and think about things you did and WHY you did them, and not the outcome of the match in question. If you can do this, and totally escape any emotional feeling you had to that lose, you could probably step out of this defensive shell you're in.
to add to this/what VA said in the quote above

**** happens, like seriously, you are going to mess up tech skill/a read/SOMETHING during a match. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN

what you need to do is realize it then go on. "omg i just spammed dmsash on a platform like a noob. well i got punished but lets not do that again"

instead of

"omg i just spammed dmsash on a platform like a noob. GG i can't win cause i suck"

self fulfilling prophecy status, you think you suck/are going to lose so you do. sure emtions get to us when we are playing. whenever i play sheiks i go crazy, but gotta calm yourself down and even if you are getting destroyed, see if you can fix it. that's how i make 3 stock come backs all the time. so cal knows me for it lolol

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
to add to this/what VA said in the quote above

**** happens, like seriously, you are going to mess up tech skill/a read/SOMETHING during a match. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN

what you need to do is realize it then go on. "omg i just spammed dmsash on a platform like a noob. well i got punished but lets not do that again"

instead of

"omg i just spammed dmsash on a platform like a noob. GG i can't win cause i suck"

self fulfilling prophecy status, you think you suck/are going to lose so you do. sure emtions get to us when we are playing. whenever i play sheiks i go crazy, but gotta calm yourself down and even if you are getting destroyed, see if you can fix it. that's how i make 3 stock come backs all the time. so cal knows me for it lolol
This is actually very good advice for smashers in general.

I'm bad though so it won't help.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I lose my composure quite a bit, but interestingly it only happens versus equally- or lesser-skilled players...

Against significantly better players I tend to focus much better, it must be related to the extra adrenaline and/or underdog mindset

The Irish Mafia

alan, i'm agreeing with you, lol
i think he became really defensive and argumentative when people gave him advice, and that just isn't a good atitude to have unless you're the best player in the room, and even then there's no reason to lash out.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey guys,

I would really appreciate some advice right now.

I first want to say that I'm really excited with the progress I've made in Melee. I look back at my older videos and see dramatic improvement.

I didn't play my best at this tournament, but there were glimpses of beauty in my Peach. I've been going dealing with some tough personal issues lately. I threw my controller a few times and yelled out obscenities quite a few times.

I wrote one of the longest posts of my life in the results thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12149537&postcount=1570

Anywho, here are some videos of the videos from the most recent tournament I attended:

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Rubyiris :falco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx7cakq6XAU
I would love some advice on this video!! Usually I beat Xander at every tournament, but he really stepped it up and his out of state experience really helped him too.

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Axe :pikachu: :falco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfWtQDZcy3A
I would also love some advice!! Specifically, MacD. Teach me how to fight Pikachu!! Ughh, and more tips on Falco would be nice. I hate that matchup DX

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. South Paw :sheik:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVXYJUPSHw4
An old school player. Very fun matches.
Bump <3 <3 <3

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Bump <3 <3 <3
On the match with Axe, I was impressed by your aggressiveness, but then put off by your mindlessness. 95% action, 5% reaction, which is understandable because you dont know the match up. However in those cases you really wanna wait things out -- get a feel for things.

Or mimic Pink Shinobi and just camp things you dont understand.

MacD

On the match with Axe, I was impressed by your aggressiveness, but then put off by your mindlessness. 95% action, 5% reaction, which is understandable because you dont know the match up. However in those cases you really wanna wait things out -- get a feel for things.

Or mimic Pink Shinobi and just camp things you dont understand.
i love you alan, you give advice i can expand on that i never would have thought of in the first place

so it looked like you guys were playing lightning melee or something (only watched vs pika atm). i mean i know we say keep moving and make peach look lagless but this is a bit extreme. there is something to be said for just floating there for a minute, just sitting there for a minute, just kinda standing still with a turnip.

alan put it really well. you are basically mindlessly just doing stuff. you need to take a chill pill and wait things out to a point. you gotta think of pika like a worse fox. watch out for usmash, he's really fast, nair is good, can gimp with uair, but none of that other fox stuff to worry about lol. i mean i just kinda go with the flow. space fairs, some turnips, DADS, then pika is kinda just stuck (at least that's how i did it... then again that's how i do everything.... sooooo yea).

but you can't straight up pika shinobi pika. i mean sure you can wait and relax, but you ain't able to go camp a character who is like twice as fast as you.

i mean i guess the two things to know are pika is a worse fox, so you gotta watch out for those few things but know his limitations, and you need to just chill and stop being peach on crack

on the brightside, seems like your tech skill is good lol, wish i could not suck at tech skill :ohwell:

I think VA hates me or something now.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
we're probably elitist and don't care about other states, we know WC, NY, FL, TX and probably Maine since it's a corner state lol. oh i forgot Alaska and Hawaii, we know those too

i mean, who gives a crap about where some random midwest state is, they are hicks and the weather sucks

.... give or take :grin:

though they actually put a geography class in my high school that freshman had to take, too bad it was when i was a junior :p
lol first part is too true. wtf I thought U.S. history taught geography. your ghetto Turlock school sucks!!!

VA

Smash Hero
I think VA hates me or something now.
I <3 u. always.

but I quit peach.

macd I KNOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW stuff about weak mental game. I don't think I suck, I don't think I'm going to lose. But I do find it hard to keep it up when I die at 67% because of my sucky DI.

MacD

macd I KNOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW stuff about weak mental game. I don't think I suck, I don't think I'm going to lose. But I do find it hard to keep it up when I die at 67% because of my sucky DI.
that was directed more so towards everyone, just using your immediate problem as a start.

and i'd hate to see what happens if you get shine spiked at like 20, miss a meteor cancel, or get nipple spiked

Wake

Smash Master
"i mean, who gives a crap about where some random midwest state is, they are hicks and the weather sucks"

That hurts MacD... though I do agree with the weather part...

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Uploading a few new videos. Playing against a friend who just decided to jump into high tiers and is a brand new marth, gave me a run for my money, so I had a lottt of fun. I hope I show that I have ben working on Fair spacing, and my little fc nairs, and just looking cute with my movements.

So yeah, feel free to give me advice when posted ::nods::

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Thanks for the advice so far!! I really appreciate it. Hopefully I will get some more videos up soon in the next two weeks so I can get more advice before I travel to Houston, Texas for WHOBO 3!! :)

Btw, we should start updating the video thread.

I'd like to see a place where I can easily access videos of Armada, MacD, VaNz, DoH, myself, old school Peach players, etc.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach:

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I was going to be there, now I have car broke down johns. I know, lame, not a real excuse, etc.

I have faith that when we do ditto though, the **** will be plentiful on your part.

MacD

Everyone in here makes me blush

+1 post count

So here are the vids. I am still working on becoming more fluid/lagless, etc. Just yeah, critique my baby peach, she still has such a long way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFX5TldUe6o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPswSL6RMk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXJQ72GyDD8
i watched the first match and a bit of the second, you can definitely see the improvement you've made with movements and stuff, so good job there

against marth you'll learn that lots of turnips are necessary to approach. if you haven't yet, make sure to read the matchups in the first post vanz made. they are a great stepping stone and let you know what you should do/worry about

you're friend needs to learn to recover better with marth (like sweet spot the ledge and stuff)

for you, i feel now you can kinda start working on the basics of the matchups (basically what is in vanz post). turnips are gonna be your best friend in some matchups, so maybe just start pulling them a lot and getting used to them, their trajectory, how they bounce off shields, the stun they give people, etc

idk how many vids you watch, but if you do, you'll see the crazy things people can do with just one turnips

I will take your money Silly Kyle.

Then we can go to the gaybar!
man, you guys won't have to go on child's night :(

Top Bottom