• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
<333 thanks redd.

again i failed at playing or hanging with people. doing like neither but oh welllllllll i guess
Nah me too... it was really bad this time. Coulda been a combination of complete lack of sleep night 1 + everyone playing like **** most of the weekend lol. I barely played friendlies.

I always say next time but we'll see haha.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Nah me too... it was really bad this time. Coulda been a combination of complete lack of sleep night 1 + everyone playing like **** most of the weekend lol. I barely played friendlies.

I always say next time but we'll see haha.
there are always too many people to see and play and then you can never hang with whoever you want to when they can so you end up hanging with the same people every national then get sad about it

tis the life haha

MacDEEEEEEEEEE

Since when were you so good. I thought you quit? Outplaced VANZ?
apparently i've always been so good. i mean i barely played in the last 3 months and didn't go to any tournies so trust me i'm surprised when i did so well. and it makes me wonder how much better i would have done against kk/hax had i actually been in practice

VA

Smash Hero
apparently i've always been so good. i mean i barely played in the last 3 months and didn't go to any tournies so trust me i'm surprised when i did so well. and it makes me wonder how much better i would have done against kk/hax had i actually been in practice
Sometimes a break is what you need. Good ****.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It was nice meeting everyone. :) I felt awkward and never introduced myself to MacD, but good job. Perhaps I'll meet you at the next one. There were so many people, I didn't get friendlies with everyone I had planned to (and also, the tournament was managed very weirdly...).

Crush, you were four stocking me in our Peach dittos on Saturday. Of course yours is better. I have to learn how to not get stitchface > fair > downsmash > fsmash > stitchface comboed... :(

darkatma

Smash Hero
=[

In my defense, I thought you were currently hating the game and I was hella surprised you were even going to apex

And then you pull out ridiculous wins against everyone good and I was like... wtf? when I woke up LOL

MacD

don't matter, no faith

couldn't even have a little fake faith in me???

HURTS BRO

also, i forgot to say this but MAN UP BRO!!!!!!!!

come up and be like "YO, MACD, I'M _____ AND I WANTED TO MEET YOU" and i probably woulda gone like ".... uhhhh wtf, you're shrouded one???" cause alan showed me what you looked like

and if i'm not mistaking it was you who tried to say something to me at the end on sunday when i was talking to leffen or kk/cactuar or on my phone or something.

MacD

i'm an astounding 6'2"

i guess that's pretty tall for the community... or at least peach mains, since y'all seem to be tiny little things

Quaz

Smash Master
MacD I bet if you would have been playing this entire time you would have sucked even more against Hax/KK. You know why? Because you would have been even more frustrated with the game.

Trust me, a good break from smash may leave you a tad RUSTY, but also it's refreshing. Plus you enjoy it a bit more and thats all that really matters.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Oh, come on Vanz, you only lost to ARMADA and JAVI, defeating everybody else the bracket threw at you, and you don't think you deserved to get out of pools? You definitely proved that you did!
Also great job at MacD (:

MacD

MacD I bet if you would have been playing this entire time you would have sucked even more against Hax/KK. You know why? Because you would have been even more frustrated with the game.

Trust me, a good break from smash may leave you a tad RUSTY, but also it's refreshing. Plus you enjoy it a bit more and thats all that really matters.
true true

guess i just wished i was less stupid about practicing and had a little warm up session the week before apex... granted idk where i would played a falcon to practice edge guarding, but it would have been nice to not fall for the same trick 5 times especially after telling myself he was going to do it again lol :ohwell:

Sim

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys,

I know I'm kinda breaking the whole discussion going but I need a few tips when dealing with campy foxes.

There's this fox I know who's really technical, but I can't seem to get quite a hold of him once he starts camping like crazy. Peach is quite slow in her movements as well so it's hard to reach him and he like mostly never misses anything technical so he can freely roam around the map and lazerzzz. Once I get quite in range he'll start dashdancing and then bait anything for usmash/nair or anything that leads into a shine combo > usmash. Basically campin, heh :p

So, what can I do? I'm quite good at baiting his approaches and punishing his mistakes but once he switches into camping mode it becomes really hard. Any tips?

I tried pulling a lot of turnips but there's always that one turnip I pull a little too close/wrong timing and I get instantly punished. Turnips are slow as well so most of the time he just dodges them and keeps lasering.

Lastly, well, my technical is OK and I can do pretty much anything you guys might throw out there except maybe the hardest of them, so don't hesitate to throw out ideas. :)

Thanks!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well your point of attack is when he goes in to "punish" you. You probably won't catch him if he only lasers, but eventually he will have to land a hit on you in order to take your stock. I think the best advice is to take your time. Approach, but don't over commit. FC bair is really good in terms of speed, priority and laglessness. Don't try to hit him, only try to zone the center of the stage. Beating his "punish" is about knowing when he wants to attack you. Is it after you do your FC bair? after you dsmash? after a dash attack? If you space well and choose your moves, you can usually at least trade with an approach if you know its coming. Peach likes trades.

Sim

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. That's where jabs could come in handy right?

FC means 0 frame delay so I could bait like you said and mix up after the Bair/anything with jabs, or dashdance or anything?

Anyone knows of a good recorded match of a peach operating well against a dedicated camping fox?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I know that Armada likes to zone Fox with FC fairs, and will mix in rising uairs (maybe some nairs) to intercept Fox if the Fox tries to approach after the fair. You've got to, like Sveet said, keep the center and constantly keep hitboxes out. And if you want to pull turnips, pull them when you're fairly far from him.

TheLake

Smash Master
Hi peach players

names the lake

make no mistake

gj at appex

keep up the good work

more to come!

-Your fanboy...Ze Lake

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I watched the first two matches. In the first one, you stayed in shield way too long. He wouldn't be anywhere near you, but you'd still be in your shield. Against Fox in particular, establishing a threatening wall of priority is very important. You must always be mobile when you aren't being attacked.

As for Falco, I think you are far too grounded in this MU. You let him control your movement with lasers. Peach kinda needs to utilize float against him, to make him alter his lasers and reconsider his spacing.

Sorry it's short, but I'm sort of in a rush. You tech chase really well, and overall, you've a really individual and good style (plus, you use white dress Peach). Good work.

MacD

hahaha i remember OC3, stalking vidjo, good times, good times

but that was like 4 1/2 years ago, i know i've been tall for a while, just don't know how long

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So guys. We need to talk about Puff. Cause the more I think about it (including my matches with Idea and Hbox at Apex) the more it seems like that could be Peach's hardest MU. Falcon still exists, though. And I'm not feeling that Fox is quite as difficult as he once was.

But yeah. So....Jigglypuff. What can we really do to her? Turnips are probably good for controlling her space sometimes, and float cancels OoS if we can, to punish bad aerials. Idea was telling me that shield pressuing Jiggs is very good, cause she doesn't really have much OoS. And I guess we can do early FC fairs to cover ourselves from bair? This one I'm not so sure about, but Mafia mentioned it to me once, after critiquing a match of mine (starting the fair and then dropping float, as opposed to starting the fair in the same motion as you drop the float). Low FC uairs might also give us leverage, if we can wavedash OoS under her bairs.

Any other thoughts?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've felt that staying on the ground was good, cause it gives us the best chance to get under her (which is probably our best bet) and we won't get baired out of the sky. But isn't forward smash really slow?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
F smash

Total: 47
Hit: 15-18
Charge frame: 8
IASA: 40

Shield stun: 16
Shield hit lag: 7
Advantage: -14_-11
-------------------------------------
So, fsmash. Yeah, frame 15. That isn't too bad. And I see the pull-back that you're talking about. Is dash attack good or no? I keep hearing different things. I know that when Puff is at high percents, it's good, but can we space it so that we don't get rested?

Top Bottom