• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
thanks for all your input guys. va, thanks for your sheik advice, i guess all i gotta do is win, in dues time. chris its nice to hear that you feel that way cuz ive never actually heard that from u in person lol.... also alan ignoring/not caring can only go so far in my opinion, its harder when it gets directly in your way from your goals.

shrouded are you sonofmana on youtube? just wondering lol cuz inty was talking about u today

omg if peach had a normal double jump the ledge wouldnt suck so much. imagine all the possibilities...although it seems like itd be hard to design the animation for peach in a dress that would be a practical fast double jump, hmm.

VA

Smash Hero
Ledge is good. It gives you an opportunity to be really annoying by stalling with broken umbrella and safe second jump cancels/waveland on. Also jump from the ledge is just so freaking good I can't get over it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Azula was a scary betch holy ****. Pretty sure she turned me gay.

What distance would you guys think is safe to dd against Falcon?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
shrouded are you sonofmana on youtube? just wondering lol cuz inty was talking about u today
SonOfMana100

Ledge is good. It gives you an opportunity to be really annoying by stalling with broken umbrella and safe second jump cancels/waveland on. Also jump from the ledge is just so freaking good I can't get over it.
Um...really?

Azula was a scary betch holy ****. Pretty sure she turned me gay.

What distance would you guys think is safe to dd against Falcon?
Azula....

*swoon*

As far Falcon goes, I personally like dash dancing just out of range of his grabs/jabs, while staying really close.

Bing

Smash Master
But I wanna be a Fox main D: Next time I see you play against it and give me some thoughts?
I Enjoy playing as Peach, and due to the massive volume of spacies in Toronto Im thinking about having a Peach for Teams though.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the "jk," I would have been emotionally distraught if your statement was absent of this notion. No sarcasm. :S

Yea you should Bing, maybe I'll go Peach too rofl. :reverse:
You should! Then you can be TastyPeach, and it'll actually make sense! Y'know, because peaches taste good, to an extent; dependent on the ripeness of course. Gotta pick a good peach when your playing some Melee or you could get food poisoning... what was I talking about again?

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Peach dittos are all about trapping your opponent and reacting to them. Box them in.
I think I've yet to have enough practice, mainly for Peach dittos, but overall as well.

I wish I could play a bit more with some good Peaches, but the most I play is either once or twice a week with my friend, who's a fox main, and as much as I can at the tourneys which are once a month.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think that fighting against Peach in general is all about reacting to her, and baiting things.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Down smash you fools!

It's like reaction but you can do it earlier and it still works!

Riddlebox says it's RPS. I agree. Use dynamite (bomb). Or reusable dynamite (stitch face).

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I dislike being told that more downsmash is the answer to everything. I feel like there should be more. Plus, I hate getting hit because of a whiffed one. But I keep getting told by people (who don't main Peach, mind you) that I should use it more (because other people who main Peach use it tons on them and it works, so it should work for me, right?) Yet, I feel like I downsmash too much as it is, and I should only be doing it in a string of moves, or perhaps if I call an approach. But I don't think I should be throwing it around everywhere.

tl;dr: Her downsmash is HUGELY overrated in my ever so humble opinion, people just DI poorly.

This was spurred by what you said, KK, but I mean nothing against your words specifically. :p

Gea

Smash Master
omg if peach had a normal double jump the ledge wouldnt suck so much. imagine all the possibilities...although it seems like itd be hard to design the animation for peach in a dress that would be a practical fast double jump, hmm.
Your problem isn't just getting off of the ledge, you had a pretty bad mixup game getting to the ledge. You also let yourself get read multiple times by not tapping out of tumble and them rolling on a platform or floating high above and letting the sheik get under you.

I think overall though you need to work on pressure. You over-commit on wayyyy too many aerials which either immediately results in you getting a hit or getting grabbed. Sheik has great tools and you need to respect them, yes, but there are still areas outside of her range that she doesn't necessarily prefer a Peach sitting in. You under-use your turnips for zoning tools as well. Remember you can aerial while holding one and use it to pressure afterwards.

You should also solidify your options out of DD. If you're going to pressure with DDing, make sure you can space aerials correctly out of them, as they are often a stronger option than just trying to grab or nair through Sheik.

Really though, just watch your match again yourself. Mute the audio and just watch what gets you hit. Mental note it. If you see it multiple times, it is probably something you need to work on. Count your rolls, see when it was actually needed. Make notes of when you were going through the motions (you bair and immediately dsmash even if there is no pressure happening from the dsmash, or when you pull turnips). Watch how aggressive you can be at bad times (recovering onto the stage, DIing towards the stage instead of away and wasting your DJ at times). The FD match really brings out some of these bad habits.

Making small adjustments to your game will help you tons. If you play a lot I suggest taking a bit of time (a week or two) away from the game. Come back, practice alone for a couple of days on stuff like tricks getting back up from the edge, turnip zoning tricks, etc, then get back into the swing of things and see if you can break some bad habits by letting them purge from your subconcious.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^ thanks for the input robert(? I hope i remembered your name correctly!), havent seen you post in here before. im a little confused as to why that was a response to that quote though lol since i was just continuing the conversation about double jumps. if you could give some specific instances on what "tricks" to learn that would also be really helpful. but that does help, ill look at the match again and think about it some more. r u still playing melee? we should play sometime when i get back!

Gea

Smash Master
You got my name correct. I play rarely, but I'd let you beat up on me whenever you're in town. And I just was too lazy to quote a post from farther back. Better than having to double jump. Pretty sure there's also ways to come down with an aerial, edgecancel it and you have your float back. Might be a bit more tricky. If you have platforms that gives you more options. Honestly most stuff is just about what character is standing at what distance. Yeah Peach has less she can do because of her DJ but you still have options. Airdodge on stage. Get to edge and use your parasol to harass people standing too close, get up, jump up retreat aerial. Don't feel like you always have to land on stage and challenge them was really what I meant. Watch MacD vs KK, when MacD is forced onto the edge he waits until KK backs up to get on. Just be patient, most players are antsy enough to react to someone hanging instead of waiting.

Edit: was thinking of something else, will fixl ater

Bing

Smash Master
ShroudedOne, you mentioned that dmash should only be used in a string of moves.Yeah,Dsmash to dsmash!

No but honestly, I rather enjoy Peach dittos simply because I find the combos are easy. Like d-throw d-smash - Chase, regrab to throw off the ledge is beautiful.

I do think I get rather Lucky though,I throw out a lot of fairs that hit... when I should be ***** for them.(HINT HINT JETH)

Edit: Just noticed were on page 666

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You got my name correct. I play rarely, but I'd let you beat up on me whenever you're in town. And I just was too lazy to quote a post from farther back. Better than having to double jump. Pretty sure there's also ways to come down with an aerial, edgecancel it and you have your float back. Might be a bit more tricky. If you have platforms that gives you more options. Honestly most stuff is just about what character is standing at what distance. Yeah Peach has less she can do because of her DJ but you still have options. Airdodge on stage. Get to edge and use your parasol to harass people standing too close, get up, jump up retreat aerial. Don't feel like you always have to land on stage and challenge them was really what I meant. Watch MacD vs KK, when MacD is forced onto the edge he waits until KK backs up to get on. Just be patient, most players are antsy enough to react to someone hanging instead of waiting.

Edit: was thinking of something else, will fixl ater
I think I punished him a lot in that position though iirc. I'd have to rewatch to see but... yeah, I think Peach sucks on the ledge rofl.

I think you could probably make d-throw > d-smash work. But it is not a true combo. And it's fairly easy to escape. Peach really has no business down throwing herself at super low percents unless she's near the edge IMO.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I know that at high percents if you don't di peach's d-throw you can nair out of it. I only d-throw other Peaches at low percents.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I downsmashed three times in a row today against a Sheik. The first and third ones hit. My words no longer have any meaning. :urg:

TastyGoldfish

Smash Cadet
You should! Then you can be TastyPeach, and it'll actually make sense! Y'know, because peaches taste good, to an extent; dependent on the ripeness of course. Gotta pick a good peach when your playing some Melee or you could get food poisoning... what was I talking about again?
Actually make sense? You haven't tried goldfish then... HAVE YOU? :(
They taste best when you eat them raw out of the tank.

Top Bottom