• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
So this is sort of just a thought in general, but I think a lot of peaches get punished for trying to approach with an attack around the middle of the stages such as dreamland where the opponent has plenty of room to retreat and punish with their dash dance or aerials from above. I think in general peach should approach the middle carefully, ready to respond to approaches with defensive aerials or whatnot, and then apply pressure once she has more control and is sort of able to use platforms as a defense to her approaches. Do you all agree with this or do you think it's easier to get control by applying pressure to force them into a worse position?

Bing

Smash Master
From the sounds of it, if you're going to be approaching that way, just float along the stage, and you can react based on there move, most likely by nairing. Peach trades a lot anyways, so expect that.

Also Peach's Dash attack is pretty solid, so dont afraid to use that once and awhile to approach

Hope this is right :S

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think float to waveland to dash attack or fc nair can work as an approach if they are baiting, but I do seem to get punished a lot trying to attack someone with this when they have room to retreat/counter. When they don't have room and have to shield/jump is usually when I try to be more aggressive or force them into punishes, but when they have middle control I get stuck feeling pressured to attack even though committing to defensive options might be the way to go. What do you all like to do when characters like fox/falcon with good DD/punish game have middle control and are just waiting for you to open yourself up?

Bing

Smash Master
Throw Turnips :p If there not gunna approach you and are trying to force you in. Throw Turnips. And for the record, by the sounds of how you are using Dash attack, it very punishable, If Im not mistaken is best to use her Dash attack when they cant just simply shield it and proceed with their day. Mind you you could always use it once and awhile in this manor to maybe catch them off guard :p

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If they're trying to bait me, and waiting for something, I like to float and slowly get into their space, to force them to throw out something from panic. But I don't get too close. I don't like turnips in that position because the characters you mentioned have the tools/speed to punish me for even pulling one.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't think it's worth the risk (against those fast characters). Anyone with a brain will try to stop you pulling them if they can (half a second of pull time), and if you get one, it takes away a lot of your options.

EDIT: Well, sometimes. If their camping you really hard, it's worth it to pull an occasional turnip or two, to coax them out, I guess.

Quaz

Smash Master
Turnips are amazing. The fact that peach can still do aerials while holding a projectile is pretty Damn good imo.

It's true though that fast characters can get you while you pull one. You also can't dash attack while holding a turnip sooo...

:phone:

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's why it's better when you realize you can't follow up on a hit, you want to land and pull a turnip. Pulling one out in a neutral situation can leave you in a bad spot. If you're under a platform I think if you float backwards you can back air aerial approaches at you under the platform, and if they don't approach you you can waveland towards the middle and threaten with something. But sometimes when I'm under pressure I end up using a bad approach and get punished for it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I dunno. I don't find turnips to be particularly amazing against fast fallers. I'm more comfortable using them vs floaties/people who can't punish me as hard for pulling/holding one.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
R we still talking about marth? If so i really want to hear what armada has to say about the mu and how to fight it

:phone:

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Actually make sense? You haven't tried goldfish then... HAVE YOU? :(
They taste best when you eat them raw out of the tank.
Oh, I meant it as it'll be a change to your username that actually makes sense, as most changes do not. Y'know change isn't something that makes sense? :S ...

But I love goldfish D; especially with a little salt and cilantro; it rivals most delicacies. And you can find them at your local pet shop as well as while you're diving in sewers at 3am at night! :D

TastyGoldfish

Smash Cadet
Do I need to be concerned for you Tasty?
only about my fox... : p

Oh, I meant it as it'll be a change to your username that actually makes sense, as most changes do not. Y'know change isn't something that makes sense? :S ...

But I love goldfish D; especially with a little salt and cilantro; it rivals most delicacies. And you can find them at your local pet shop as well as while you're diving in sewers at 3am at night! :D
haha yeah that's true. don't swallow them when u go for a dive ;)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

lol no one's discrediting anything.

i've just been looking at some of my losses

and close calls over the past year

and i had a good LOL.

At one point, Teco and I were actually around the same

level

:(
Yea, its true we were on the same level

Then Vanz becomes a top player and I stay a good player.

**** is this ****.

idea

Smash Master
if it means anything, i wanted you to win :(

nothing against abu though, nice puff dude. and that avatar is perfect lol

edit: and why didn't you go young link in game 5? seemed worth another try.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Talking about 1x26 matchup charts in the tier list discussion thread in the general melee subforum got me thinking a bit, and made me rather curious about how you guys feel about Peach's matchups?

For me it would look something like this:

[collapse="my list (+0 = even, +1 = small adv, +2 = moderate advantage(, +3 = heavy advantage)"]
Fox: -1 to 1.5
Falco: +/- 0
Jiggs: -2
Sheik: -1 in NTSC, +/- 0 in PAL
Marth: 0, maybe -0.5
Falcon: -1 to -1.5
ICs: +2
Doc: +1
Samus: 0
Ganon: +1 to 1.5
Pikachu: +1
Luigi: +1
Yoshi: +2
Ness: +2 to +3
Left out the ones I don't have an opinion on.[/collapse]
[COLLAPSE="empty list for your convenience, in case you'd like to reply"]Fox:
Falco:
Jiggs:
Sheik:
Marth:
Falcon:
ICs:
Doc:
Samus:
Ganon:
Pikachu:
Mario:
Luigi:
DK:
YL:
Link:
Zelda:
Roy:
Mewtwo:
Yoshi:
GaW:
Kirby:
Ness:
Bowser:
Pichu:[/COLLAPSE]

Paju

Smash Journeyman
[collapse="my list would look like this"]Fox: -2
Falco: 0
Jiggs: -2
Sheik: 0
Marth: -1
Falcon: -1
Samus: 0
Ganon: 0
Mario: +1
DK: +1
YL: 0 to +1
Link: +1
Mewtwo: +2
Yoshi: +2
GaW: +2
Ness: +2
Left out the ones I don't really have experience on.[/collapse]

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
[COLLAPSE="My MU chart"]
Fox: -2
Falco: 0
Jiggs: -1.5
Sheik: -1.25
Marth: -1
Falcon: -1.5
Samus: +0.5
Ganon: +1
Pikachu: +1.5
Mario: ??
DK: +1
YL: 0
Link: +1
Zelda: +1.5
Roy: +2
Mewtwo: ??
Yoshi: ??
GaW: +1.5
Kirby: ??
Ness: ??
Bowser: ??
Pichu: ??
[/COLLAPSE]
Question marks for ones I haven't played or don't really care about.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Fox:-2
Falco:0
Jiggs:-1
Sheik:-1
Marth:-1
Falcon:-2
ICs:1
Doc:0?
Samus:0?
Ganon:1
Luigi:1
DK:2
YL:1
Link:1
Zelda:1
Roy:3
Mewtwo:?
Yoshi:9999
Kirby:9999
Ness:9999
Bowser:9999
Pichu:9999

Also my lol name is lv9comp sorry for the mixup. Doll made it not me so I forgot it. I suck a lot and I'm tied between Garen, Allie, and Fiora.

Top Bottom