• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Very mild nudity in 3DS version confirmed by Aussie ratings board!

Morbi

Scavenger
I have never thought about all of the nude characters in Smash Brothers. It is odd to contemplate such, but Australia might be on to something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm guessing there's a part 2 to this.

Or maybe there will be a second Rayman trophy:

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Are you serious. I was rummaging around some Smash Bros 3DS pics, and I saw a character with a huge chest, legs exposed with just about no pants and a lot of junk in the trunk. Cover you eyes children.
upload_2014-7-15_15-21-7.jpeg

Why did we let this happen?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Bans and cuts = strict, period.

Also, with the R18 now, a lot of games that would have snuck an MA15 to avoid getting banned are just getting the R18 despite being the same as the Dead Island's that preceded them.
If bans and cuts= strict period, than there a lot of other strict rating boards other than the ACB
And the games that are banned or censored are the same ones that get banned or censored everywhere else

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Thanks Plat, without this link I probably would have never known the Australian Classification dept. had a criteria for "High Impact Sex".

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
If bans and cuts= strict period, than there a lot of other strict rating boards other than the ACB
And the games that are banned or censored are the same ones that get banned or censored everywhere else
Not really, SR4 was a game that got 1-2 missions cut out in Australia only.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not really, SR4 was a game that got 1-2 missions cut out in Australia only.
True.
Australia's ratings are just weird, when there are games that can get lower ratings here with no edits and games that are banned or censored elsewhere, but despite Australia's strict image get released unedited anyway.
I guess we aren't very strict on our strictness :laugh:

Last edited:

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
True.
Australia's ratings are just weird, when there are games that can get lower ratings here with no edits and games that are banned or censored elsewhere, but despite Australia's strict image get released unedited anyway.
I guess we aren't very strict on our strictness :laugh:
The worst part about the whole thing is that they created an R18+ classification to allow more games in without being censored...and they don't use it! Mortal Kombat was about the only game that went through without being filtered, and that took how long under banning to be rectified?

Then you get games like SR4 where the Rectifier is just another weapon with a huge censor blur over any nasty imagery, and it still gets flagged anyway. And don't get me started on the alien drug mission. It's not like they were strict when Rockstar and Square Enix gave you drug missions left, right and centre.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The worst part about the whole thing is that they created an R18+ classification to allow more games in without being censored...and they don't use it! Mortal Kombat was about the only game that went through without being filtered, and that took how long under banning to be rectified?

Then you get games like SR4 where the Rectifier is just another weapon with a huge censor blur over any nasty imagery, and it still gets flagged anyway. And don't get me started on the alien drug mission. It's not like they were strict when Rockstar and Square Enix gave you drug missions left, right and centre.
Well they didn't create an R rating. That was already used for movies, it just wans't used for games until recently.

I think GTA V, God of War: Ascension, Ninja Gaiden 3, Conception II and Dead Island Riptide have been released with R ratings and without censorship

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
My country's moral guardians are generally less concerned with anything the female characters might be doing than they are with things like this:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Kirby's been completely nude since the first one.

Gimme a break.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The reason that they did that was because of this one character I'm about to show.
But the genitals aren't there.

Also, this is probably because of DK. That filthy gorilla wears nothing but a tie!
If I walked on the street wearing only that, they would put me in jail.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Double Post Warning Received
Maybe this is for Nintendo to bring back their love hotels and this

May I bring back a certain picture of the day?

"Pic of the day. It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video."

Last edited by a moderator:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Donkey Kong, Kirby, Bowser, Yoshi, Pac-Man, Sonic, all Pokemon... totally nude.

Bonus: Diddy Kong has no pants on.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The reason that they did that was because of this one character I'm about to show.
Blue streak, speeds by
Sonic the Hedgehog
Too fast for the naked eye
Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic
He can really move
Sonic
He's got an *** that's nude...

Wait, that's not right...

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Category: Computer Games.

Sums up the stupidity of the Australian Ratings Board, do they even know what videogames are? Obviously enough to ban them from Australia because of sex, nudity and violence, I know most people don't want to see that stuff but come on it's their ****ing choice...**** Australian Ratings Board you're a ***** to behold, a ***** indeed.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Well they didn't create an R rating. That was already used for movies, it just wans't used for games until recently.
Fine, they "introduced" an R18+ classification, Mr. Pedantic -_-

I think GTA V, God of War: Ascension, Ninja Gaiden 3, Conception II and Dead Island Riptide have been released with R ratings and without censorship
I don't think there's anything to really suggest that most of those games would have been censored had the R18+ classification not been utilised. The predecessors of several of those games (God of War 3, Dead Island, Ninja Gaiden 3) were considerably violent in their own right - even moreso than the sequel in Ninja Gaiden 2's case - yet they received no censorship whatsoever. Simply because they're rated R now doesn't suggest that they wouldn't have gone through MA15+ classification without censorship before. I'm quite sure plenty of games have gone through the MA15 rating when rated R in other countries previously.

The censorship of Australia remains pretty wonky, sometimes random at that. Left 4 Dead 2 was refused classification prior to censorship, yet there have been numerous other games that are inextricably more violent and weren't altered in any way. The only clear-cut violent game that was going to be banned one way or the other was the new Mortal Kombat, imo.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Are you serious. I was rummaging around some Smash Bros 3DS pics, and I saw a character with a huge chest, legs exposed with just about no pants and a lot of junk in the trunk. Cover you eyes children.

Why did we let this happen?
Oh did I LOL

Well-played, sir. Well-played.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
"Very mild nudity" is like, one-piece-bathing-suit-with-no-cleavage-tier nudity.

Games will often have "partial nudity" warnings if the female characters wear bikinis.

Put your collective pants back on, kiddos.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
.....wait, for real? There is no nudity in Smash whatsoever. This is bogus.
Palutena's leg, and ZSS second skin did it in.

Let's hope its naked Ness costume from

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Oil Armor Shulk confirmed? Pls.

Wouldn't mind Swimsuit Lucina or Rosalina or M/F Robin either.
IS THAT BANJO AND KAZOOIE AS PONIES? Bronies have crossed the line.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
...Why is this a topic?
I have no idea. Considering the nudity warning isn't even appearing on the main rating label, but only appears on the ACB site suggests that is really just something done to 'cover all the bases' so you don't have someone who finds even the slightest bit of skin innaproproate making a complaint.
I don't think there's anything to really suggest that most of those games would have been censored had the R18+ classification not been utilised. The predecessors of several of those games (God of War 3, Dead Island, Ninja Gaiden 3) were considerably violent in their own right - even moreso than the sequel in Ninja Gaiden 2's case - yet they received no censorship whatsoever. Simply because they're rated R now doesn't suggest that they wouldn't have gone through MA15+ classification without censorship before. I'm quite sure plenty of games have gone through the MA15 rating when rated R in other countries previously.
Yeah that's the thing I find really stupid. Many of the games that have an R rating in Australia would probably just have been released with an MA rating and with no censorships like so many titles before. It just seems now that with R rated games, they're deciding use the rating that other countries use, even if they're less violent and would have received a 15+ rating beforehand. If they reserved the R ratings for games that would have been banned before it would make more sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom