• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VERY VERY Strange Discovery from Melee to Brawl

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
For those of you who didn't know, Melee has a radnom name generator for your tag. While going through the names, I came across two familiar names:

Ike
Pit

Weird, huh? Check for yourself and look at some of the names in there. I also came across TOAD, but I don't know if it has anything to do with anything. Possible coincedence? Maybe. Maybe not.

xeno

Smash Ace
Kickass! Very nice. I've seen Pit and Toat before. Apparently Pit was going to be in Melee but then was cut?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That gives me more hope for Toad in Brawl! Thanks for the neat find.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
But Ike's game wasn't even created in Japan yet. They were still working on the first english one probably. I doubt they had even thought of the game yet, much less decided on an English name for the main character.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I just looked through it myself. I saw WART, TOAD, IKE, BOO, and others.

But I also saw TOM and NOOK. Combine this information with the fact that we know now that there IS goind to be an Animal Crossing character, I would say that Tom Nook is a safe bet.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Lulz that's how I got the tag I use. 401K FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
That random name generator probably spits out all sorts of common names with 4 letters or less, right?
Ike is probably coincidental.
Pit was considered for Melee, though... and the (Tom) Nook part is interesting as well, because I doubt that Nook is a real name anywhere...

It doesn't really hint towards any playable characters who were supposed to be in, though. I mean, "Wart" and "Boo" are in there as well? They probably took some random names from notable franchises...

*scratches head*

Yoshi Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Combine this information with the fact that we know now that there IS goind to be an Animal Crossing character,
When has that been confirmed? Or are you just one of the people saying "Animal Crossing got a stage and an Item so there MUST be a character!"?

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I'm sure Fawriel's right about just taking them from random games. Sakurai was planning on Melee being the last game, remember? I doubt he would put those in because he already had the Brawl roster figured out and wanted to hint at it in a way that only a pure obsessed fan would find out.

Though it would be awesome if Wart was in the game, I just don't see that happening.

Revven

FrankerZ
The proof? The proof is all over. AC has a symbol, an item, and a stage. What more could you want? Oh by the way, tell me one stage from Melee that was in without a series character represented from it. I can tell you right now there weren't any stages that stood alone without a character represented.

I don't see why Sakurai would just up and change that ideal, it's been made pretty clear if you have a symbol it's likely there's a character for it. Go ahead and doubt it if you'd so choose to, but come when there's an update for an AC character most of us can just laugh at those disbelievers or those who choose to doubt it.

Good day.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Neither do you. if they werent planning to add an AC Character, why would they have an icon for one?

Hmmmmmmm?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
You know, I 'm pretty sure posting SHUT UP over and over agin is spam. Reported.

You are yelling at people because they do not agree with every little thought that pops into your head. So until you get over yourself, you shut up.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Why are you saying that he doesn't have any proof that an AC character is in? YOU don't have any proof that an AC character is not in. So you're basically debating over if god is real or not.

Card

Smash Lord
Why are you saying that he doesn't have any proof that an AC character is in? YOU don't have any proof that an AC character is not in. So you're basically debating over if god is real or not.
Just ignore his idiocy. Feeding a dumb troll isn't even worth yours, or any of our time.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That's assuming that we'll know whether God is real once we die. ...anyway.

An icon is evidence, but not 100% certain proof.
It's still pretty good evidence.
So, silence.

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
Combine this information with the fact that we know now that there IS goind to be an Animal Crossing character.
I just saw you post that for three topics in a row if I see it again, I'll hunt you down and hang you from a chandelier. We're all sick of you going on about that.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hejiru, before you start accusing people of spamming (which, admittedly, he was.) you should stop double posting- which is really spam as well, since you can just as easily use the edit button.

And I'm with Fawriel, it certainly IS evidence, but it's not proof.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
who knows... people arguing about some stupid animal crossing character, one saying hes gonna be in the other saying theres not enough evidence which i agree with but yeah anyways, the name generator does pop up alot of names i think i got roy and geno once but that doesn't mean that there gonna be in brawl or were even though about. even though it would be kool if geno was in it or if roy is making a comeback

Top Bottom