• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp and Xanadu present: Baltimore Bi-Monthlies!!!

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
VGBootCamp and Xanadu present: Baltimore Bi-Monthlies!!!

Date:
April 23, 2011

Venue address:
3921 Vero Rd
Arbutus, Maryland 21227
(410) 247-2428

Entry fee:
$10 venue fee
$20 team ($10 per person),
$10 single

Schedule:
10:00am venue opens
12:00pm teams start
4:00 pm singles start
8:00pm mid tiers

Contact info:
Apostle's cell number- 410 446 6546
Logic's cell number- 240 216 2053
gimr's cell number- 443 370 2042

Payouts:
Doubles-

With 10-20 teams
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

With 20-30 teams
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 30+ Teams
1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

Singles-

With 20-60 people
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 60-80 people
1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

With 80+ people
1st - 44%
2nd - 24%
3rd - 12%
4th - 8%
5th - 4%
7th - 2%

Rules:

3 Stock

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

Sets best of 3 games.

Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.

In the event of a dispute, higher seeded players have the choice of controller port. If there is a question of who is the higher seed, let the TO decide.

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.

Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.

Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned.

If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first. If the game reports sudden death, please refer to sudden death procedures (see below.)

Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.

Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

This tournament will have a new ledge grab rule
35 ledge grab limit for metaknight
40 ledge grab limit characters with 4 jumps or more
45 ledge grab limit for characters that don't fall into this category

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Wii Hack Rules: Wii hacks are banned, with the exception of:

Infinite Replay

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules

Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

Stage Lists--

Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 2 stages first, then the other player strikes 3 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 ban per set)
Lylat Cruise
CastleSiege
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

interest players:

logic :D
noid
EE
tantalus
seagull
Luckay4Lyphe
Bionic Sonic
Takeover
Kaffei
zyth
2fast
smokey
boss
korn
deez
sin
lie
junebug
dmanfamous
SuperSayianRenan
PokemonMasterJamal3
powerhouse
esoj
gonzo
iRJi (jersey car!!!!
sova!!!!!!!
ADHD
Orlando3
Hyl1anb0y

allisbrawl link:http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11863

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm doing some special training for this, and I'll take this tournament as seriously as I'm going to take COT5. I hope I do well.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol funny people, well I'll ask Kat about this tomorrow when I see her. I'll tell her a couple smashers are fans of her smash skills.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I'll be here. I may be able to bring Smokey as well. Wiimote yoshi may be comin back.

This tournament will have a new ledge grab rule
35 ledge grab limit for metaknight
40 ledge grab limit characters with 4 jumps or more
45 ledge grab limit for characters that don't fall into this category
What is happening to barlw?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
get chu to give you a ride lol
Chu quit Brawl, and I highly doubt he wants to pick me up all the way in Ashburn unless I offer him $50 again which is not going to happen because I am broke.

UsurperKingZant said:
What is happening to barlw?
Idk. That's why I'm picking up Melee. Gonna try to go to Sypher's

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Kaffei teamzzzies possibly lol? Gotta see if I can go tho cause I may have to work in the morning :/, so that may mean no teams but I'll make it to singles!

Time to use that lie practice lol....

Kaffei btw if you can get to a metro station I maybe able to take ya. Korn usually goes night before to my place and then we go to tourny so let me know.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Wait, this is on my birthday.

Can't attend, but hopefully Kat celebrates me becoming legal ;)

Top Bottom