• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is so ******** that its on the same day as the huge WI tourney. Us smashers(brawl and melee) have been wanting an MLG style company to start an official circuit and bring back the golden days!
No offense to VGbootcamp, but don't assume just cause a tournament has a company name that is gonna be big. Did no one learn anything from gameunicon?

I <3 Alex Strife and he is a great TO. However, all this tournament is right now is a booked venue that looks like it can confortably hold 100-150 people. There is nothing else to make it similar to MLG. We don't know if they will have setups, and if they do, will they be uniform? How many for each game? There is also no guaranteed pot, unlike MLG that had $8,000 in guaranteed prizes each event, or in 2004-2005 at least it was guaranteed $500- $800ish in Prizes. What style tournament will this be? I'm my experience and since this is largely run by EC TO's, I'd guess it will just be straight double elimination. However, the standard in the MW is almost always pools then double elimination. The standard for MLG was likewise pools then double elimination.

There is a lot of unanswered questions and I think more will be revealed in time. There is absolutely no reason though that this tournament and the Digi's cannot both be extremely successful. The Smash community is a free market system afterall, so each tournament will have the success that they deserve in the sense that people will choose what looks like the best option for them.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'll see about getting Midsouth here for this. It's a good 2 hours closer to us than that other tournament is.

So if you want to see us, this is the one to go to. ;)

HAT

Smash Ace
No offense to VGbootcamp, but don't assume just cause a tournament has a company name that is gonna be big. Did no one learn anything from gameunicon?

I <3 Alex Strife and he is a great TO. However, all this tournament is right now is a booked venue that looks like it can confortably hold 100-150 people. There is nothing else to make it similar to MLG. We don't know if they will have setups, and if they do, will they be uniform? How many for each game? There is also no guaranteed pot, unlike MLG that had $8,000 in guaranteed prizes each event, or in 2004-2005 at least it was guaranteed $500- $800ish in Prizes. What style tournament will this be? I'm my experience and since this is largely run by EC TO's, I'd guess it will just be straight double elimination. However, the standard in the MW is almost always pools then double elimination. The standard for MLG was likewise pools then double elimination.

There is a lot of unanswered questions and I think more will be revealed in time. There is absolutely no reason though that this tournament and the Digi's cannot both be extremely successful. The Smash community is a free market system afterall, so each tournament will have the success that they deserve in the sense that people will choose what looks like the best option for them.
comparing VGBootCamp to MLG is a little unfair this early in the running

not to mention it's not very relevant in these circumstances

hunger!

Smash Champion
since the date cant be changed. i suggest we interchange the brawl/melee days. DD's brawl day is saturday and melee on sunday. so if VGBootCamp has vice versa, i think the tourney being on the same date wouldnt be as much of a big deal.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
since the date cant be changed. i suggest we interchange the brawl/melee days. DD's brawl day is saturday and melee on sunday. so if VGBootCamp has vice versa, i think the tourney being on the same date wouldnt be as much of a big deal.

listen to this dude he has an amazing point^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to pm them that. but yeah I hope someone from IN wins with their corn powers of epic win. Like someone comes out and their like WTF and get blown away with the epicness of teh corn's magic powers. We have corn creamed, canned,poped, breaded, on dogs, off/on the cob/ear, and whatever sick other ways to eat corn.

IN needs more corn hype you can even MM it. DOn't lose otherwise you should go go to Idaho and MM their potatoes.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This has an underwhelming amount of attention. Is ANYONE even going to this?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
last time there was a corporate tournament i can think of in the midwest, they never gave anybody any prize money

i'll probably go to this anyway though

Handorin

Smash Hero
You can if you pay the full fee, I'm sure.

I've done that 2-3 times except with Ganon. He's sooooo good.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Do what you can to spam this thread guys.

With Pound as their first event this could be serious.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I'm going to pm them that. but yeah I hope someone from IN wins with their corn powers of epic win. Like someone comes out and their like WTF and get blown away with the epicness of teh corn's magic powers. We have corn creamed, canned,poped, breaded, on dogs, off/on the cob/ear, and whatever sick other ways to eat corn.

IN needs more corn hype you can even MM it. DOn't lose otherwise you should go go to Idaho and MM their potatoes.
Not gonna lie...

this post is FULL OF WIN!!! :laugh:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I hate you why would you take the 101th spot it wasn't my idea but why would you steal this stop. I should smight you. You have crabs.

you have been randomed sir. Next time you should have teched it

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
sorry all, but someone from md/va is going to win... thanks for our money in advance :D
i mean, unless someone plans on stepping it up or something... bu i think our 10-15 players > your 100+ players

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
bull crap m2k is in ohio. Also I think a few people from canada may come. But yeah I won't get far but everyone I take down should feel really dumb.

Tink

Smash Hero
heh, MD might win brawl, lolll....but they wont be taking melee, thats for sureee.....on a side note, good luck with this, but the other tournies jus toooo close to me to pass up. 1 hour compared to 3 hours is jus to much.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I could go to this, but I'm very iffy on pre-registering. A lot of times I ask my parents permission to go to tournaments a month prior, they say sure, then when the day actually comes they say I can't go. It's going to be hard convincing my parents to let me pre-register in the first place, let alone they actually go through with it when the day arises.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Worry about pre-reg after Pound, we should see the general interest then...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm going to this btw

is there any way we can see who's coming, or at least the number of people who plan on attending, on the prereg site, or the first post?

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
^
10yes from wes...... (c wut i did ther)

also blazblue and guilty gear would be freakin' bamf at this thing. Can't wait to stomp and be stomped at this event!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'll be the one guy that ill be easy to figure out is there but impossible to figure out. Anyone esle going pichu? ... Let me rephase that anyone playing one match as pichu on hyrule with only flippers on? Only anyone would even try.

Aposl

Smash Ace
could someone please explain to me what the pool is on saturday and how it works for Brawl singles
The Schedule is going to be changed soon to better help the smash community.

Pools is where all of the entrants are divided into groups of 6 or so people based on seed. They ALL have to play each other in a 2/3 set. The top 2 or 3 people with the best win to loss ratio make it out of pools and go to the bracket.(or the second round of pools)

DoctorBendz

Smash Cadet
This tourney will be my official introduction into the smash community. Hopefully I'll be bringing a Japanese exchange student along as well.

Can't wait to get eliminated in pools!

Top Bottom