• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I accidentally fell in love with utilt. I need to stop spamming it.

Otherwise I need to work on my fair spam, to make this character optimally obnoxious.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I accidentally fell in love with utilt. I need to stop spamming it.

Otherwise I need to work on my fair spam, to make this character optimally obnoxious.
Players are starting to get used to fair. Us Villagers need to learn how to use it smartly.

(Also i'm atheist btw.)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Players are starting to get used to fair. Us Villagers need to learn how to use it smartly.

(Also i'm atheist btw.)
I for one am a frequent goer of the First church of Pushy Lloyd.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well you're not getting into heaven anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
(pst AnchorT hes joking)
So many embarrassing things today...

Excuse me while i'll go cry in the shower for 4 hours. I'll still browse Smashboards while taking sad shower. I'll find a way. Somehow. I'll make it happen.

Edit: I think I finally found a way. This should work.

2nd Edit: I've been in the shower for over an hour.

Last edited:

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
So while tinkering with Villager in Photoshop I found that his face comes right off. Here's a render if anyone wanted to do anything with it.

Oh my goodness. Guys, I'm so sorry.

Last edited:
So many embarrassing things today...

Excuse me while i'll go cry in the shower for 4 hours. I'll still browse Smashboards while taking sad shower. I'll find a way. Somehow. I'll make it happen.

Edit: I think I finally found a way. This should work.

2nd Edit: I've been in the shower for over an hour.
pls dont be sad

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so apperantly Magister is blessed by st Pushy Lloyd for she can shut down Sonic.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
so apperantly Magister is blessed by st Pushy Lloyd for he can shut down Sonic.
I wish Magister would give me some of her energy. Also, yeah Pushy lloid makes the matchup a bit better.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Nothing has been happening recently in the Villager Boards.... It's starting to get boring...

I'll order Pizza to spice things up!

*Minutes later*

Yay it's here!

Who wants some? :D

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Gosh darn it anchortea I haven't eaten lunch yet! I do want some :(

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ooh that looks nice! ...huh...I havent eaten anything either...yknow with smash and studying for finals I kinda forget to eat a lot.

But hey! I have another fun topic to get some discussion going: E3 predictions!
I only really play smash and a few other things, but I'm sure Star Fox will be shown off. (Before smash to get hype for a potential veteran) Uhh...other than that... Hopefully more Mario Kart DLC and some Ace Attorney news for me heehee~

But for the smash stuff! A recap of Lucas and how great he is and then some cheeky "Oh, seems a special someone is challenging Lucas!" trailer starts, Lucas charging up his PSI, getting ready, super close ups of "someone" charging their ferocious neutral B from Melee, and then Lucas turns to see but its too late "HURAAAYAA!" Roy bursts in or something!

Roy gameplay, fun fun, then we hear a howl and everyone turns, a Wolfen flies by and Wolf jumps out kicking Roy in the back with his up-b. Wolf steals the show! Wolf gameplay, new stages, Lucas, Roy, Wolf, Mewtwo, all jumping around fighting on new stages like uh...Fountain of Dreams that returns! Great Bay, New Pork City for 8 Player smash, and some new stuff like a Kirby's epic yarn stage. Slow zoom of Lucas doing PK Freeze, Wolf howling, and Roy doing up-b or something.

New stages elaborated, tourney mode is finally here, ballot mention. Maybe a new ballot for stages.

Each character and stage sold separately but you can buy all of it in a pack. Awesome.

Then some more E3, maybe a Street Fighter 5 trailer at some point, new character(s) for that, announcing its coming to Wii U also, then laterrrrr
Ryu Trailer.

And that's the show I guess! This is sorrrta what I think will happen with some wishful thinking. Im not sure if theyll do a Kirby's epic yarn stage, but I know the 3ds is getting a new Kirby stage so... Just seems weird there wasnt already an epic yarn stage, seems so obvious! And while Wolf's file hasnt been found, he's in the same boat as Lucas so he's gatta be on the way, especially with new star fox happenin!

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I need Animal Crossing U also. The AC Happy Home Amiibo Cards BS was a dumb idea. And this is coming from an AC fan.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I love ace attorney! I really wanna hear about the new game. What do you think the reasoning behind making Watson a cute ~10 year old girl?

He'd also be an awesome character for Smash. I think Snake has a better chance than Wolf coming back, especially with the fighter ballot early results.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I love ace attorney! I really wanna hear about the new game. What do you think the reasoning behind making Watson a cute ~10 year old girl?

He'd also be an awesome character for Smash. I think Snake has a better chance than Wolf coming back, especially with the fighter ballot early results.
Aaaahhh! Hm~ I guess variety, but maybe theres an interesting twist to be had!
Phoenix Wright for smash, augh, in my dreams...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXmlX_eV88
Megaman and Ryu already here... Ohh I dunno. Wright's iconic but not that iconic... At least let him be an assist trophy, all his games have been on Nintendo consoles exclusively multiple times! Hrrgh...

Snake has a shot... I've only been hearing sad/bad news about Kojima so Sakurai might be able to put in Snake like Kojima hoped with the ballot only helping! Or there may be some weird legal struggles and Kojima not wanting a character that used to be his being advertised? Snake has a shot, but Wolf is basically in the same boat as Lucas. I'm sure Wolf is on the way.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Aaaahhh! Hm~ I guess variety, but maybe theres an interesting twist to be had!
Phoenix Wright for smash, augh, in my dreams...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXmlX_eV88
Megaman and Ryu already here... Ohh I dunno. Wright's iconic but not that iconic... At least let him be an assist trophy, all his games have been on Nintendo consoles exclusively multiple times! Hrrgh...

Snake has a shot... I've only been hearing sad/bad news about Kojima so Sakurai might be able to put in Snake like Kojima hoped with the ballot only helping! Or there may be some weird legal struggles and Kojima not wanting a character that used to be his being advertised? Snake has a shot, but Wolf is basically in the same boat as Lucas. I'm sure Wolf is on the way.
You know who also has a shot?

Monster Hunter and K.K. Slider.

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
I also need some Animal Crossing U, though I'm trying to imagine what new things could be added. You'd probably be mayor again, maybe more ordnances, PWPs, etc. But like, what's the new gimmick?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I also need some Animal Crossing U, though I'm trying to imagine what new things could be added. You'd probably be mayor again, maybe more ordnances, PWPs, etc. But like, what's the new gimmick?
I'm a little skeptical about AC U part of the reason why NL was so great was because of its pick up and play nature that synergized well with the 3DS

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
The new gimmick....

The only one's I can think is more advance AI from the Villager's, adding Chandelier-like furniture, rugs, and more hobby-like activities to add to the list of the AC hobbies. Such as cooking.

I think the Villager's need much better AI from letters and communication itself to add more connection between them and the players.

Example: You walked near by Drago while he was having a conversation with Biskit. Later that day. He says "Earlier I saw you while I was having a conversation with Biskit about Peach's!"

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
I'm a little skeptical about AC U part of the reason why NL was so great was because of its pick up and play nature that synergized well with the 3DS
Considering they try and make a lot of games on the Wii U "Pick up and Play" anyway, I'm not too concerned. They were even talking about that with Zelda U for quite a bit.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Considering they try and make a lot of games on the Wii U "Pick up and Play" anyway, I'm not too concerned. They were even talking about that with Zelda U for quite a bit.
Maybe the main gimmick could be much more online activity since this is a home console, instead of a hand-held, it will have much better online connection. Hopefully Tortimer's Island will be back because of this.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I knew Pocketed projectiles could be strong, but this is just silly.

Pocketed fully-charged Shadow Ball will kill Mewtwo from center stage FD with no DI at 11% in training mode. It's probably even less when fresh in a normal match (though DI will weaken it too).

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
I'd honestly be content with the game with a large new gimmick. As long as it addresses some problems in ACNL and adds a few small new expansions, it'd be a hit (imo).

As for some small changes or additions:
- I hope for there to be more options with public works projects. Not just new models, but more functionality with them, so they can actually contribute to the ecosystem of your town.
- Fix the inventory system pls. It's tedious. Simply making items like coins and fruits stack automatically would be enough.
- Larger towns. Towns start to feel cramped in the end game.
- Easier time when creating paths. They're annoying and time consuming to put down.
- More options for customizing villagers in the beginning. They're too white right now XD. Just make the starters all have different skin colors, and allow skin tone to be changed in later game like how hair is with Shampoodle. The only way to do this as of now is through tanning in the summer.
- Expand on the flower breeding system. It's really cool as of now, but it could be another large hobby like bug-catching if it was expanded on.
- More requests from Villager besides the generic "give x to y" or "bring me z". Although they're diverse enough to offer some fun in ACNL, they start to get boring after you've put too many hours in.
- A FLYING, EXPLODING ROCKET GYROID PLEASE. ALSO, A BOWLING BALL. GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO STAND ON THE ROOF OF T-BONE'S HOUSE AND REPEATEDLY DROP IT ON HIS HEAD.

Otherwise, I want basically what everyone else has said. Better AI, etc.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
So Villager's side smash was in AC after all...

Idk about his U-tilt though.

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
Hey villager social.

My only request for ACU is investing.
I want the ability to speed up the shop upgrading process by investing bells.
Could be neat.
(we also need more uses for bells.)

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I only hope for more online activities in the new one. This might be asking for too much since NL added a huge load of new content, but the island minigames get old pretty quick.. There's not much to do other than that. The return of the city and more events compatible online would be pretty cool.

My process when visiting friends towns/vice versa:
I arrive, I walk around the town looking at trees and stuff. I see something I like and go "Woah, that's cool". Walk around some more and go to the shops and find stuff I don't care about. Look at the houses and go "Woah, that's cool" again. Walk around the town some more with an awkward 30 minute silence. Talk to their villagers so it looks like I'm doing something. They get bored and kick me out.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
I knew Pocketed projectiles could be strong, but this is just silly.

Pocketed fully-charged Shadow Ball will kill Mewtwo from center stage FD with no DI at 11% in training mode. It's probably even less when fresh in a normal match (though DI will weaken it too).
It's actually kind of insane. If your opponent isn't familiar with the Villager mu and is haphazardly throwing shadow balls out, unaware of the glorious 1.91x multiplier of the pocket, you can easily pocket one then throw it out unexpectedly or when they can't block it, either breaking their shield, killing them, or, if they reflect back, just pocketing it again.

(Really only works on For Glory or against more casual people, though. Against more advanced players, they're a little more careful about when to use them.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom