• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Hey, I need to cone to these again. Which one will rock the most? (even though they'll all be equally as good) I'll get my employers to give me a day off and I'll voyage down from Bendigo (sigh, the days when I had Saturday's free).

Splice

Smash Hero
Man that Brawl bracket looks skeletal.

Dean gettin p.good regardless.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
highlights: dekar being perfect and unbeatable
box hill food god tier
heaps of smashers switching to mvc3

had lots of fun

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hey, I need to cone to these again. Which one will rock the most? (even though they'll all be equally as good) I'll get my employers to give me a day off and I'll voyage down from Bendigo (sigh, the days when I had Saturday's free).
Come down for ACL coming up!

otherwise make it to the next Couch Warriors! (april 2nd)

Also results were:

1: Dekar
2: Cao
3: toshi
4: redact
5: atticus
5: tak
7: timic
7: earl

cant remember lower

also toshi beat dekar in winners (dekar played dr mario...) thus i never even played toshi, i lost to cao and dekar -_- not cool dekar!

the daves are my baneee

Vermy

Smash Champion
heaps of smashers switching to mvc3
SMASHERS CONVERT TO MVC?!

I'll be there next time. My raids on DC Universe Online got the best of me.

On the plus side, I'm an anthropomorphic leopard with a jetpack, so who cares?

For those of you who are playing MVC3 with an inferior controller on Xbox, I'm selling my hori arcade sticks for anyone who's interested.

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
Huge cheers to Jei for teams your yoshi is crazy good was entertainin to watch man! Thanks again to everyone for the friendlies Tom and Dekar i could seriously sit and play you 2 for like a week straight and not get bored altho I'd probably have to get some sort of counseling after playing Dekar for that long. I'll try to stop teching in place :( anyway going to keep on improving working out the kinks and looking forward to next one !

And to everyone else Alexi(Super Happy Man), Cao, 2 New guys, (Forgot your names sorry :/), Timic,(Damn your ice climbers!!) Atticus, Earl, Tak and everyone else look forward to seeing you guys at the next one as well.

If i forgot anyone I'm sorry !

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i wanna pick up sheik mainly because the one skill i can boast is reading techs and getups >_>

i already use link and sort of marth

@ monash guys, great to see you, will be at svga next week with my lousy melee skill
@ earl, ggs with 64, always nice to see new people playing it, keep it up and you'll have the trifecta of smash
@ plasia, ggs all round, love seeing fellow low-tier mains, thanks for the melee
@ redact, thanks so much for organising these things, i need to get out more (and when getting out entails going to a video game meet, you know your life seriously sucks D:), thanks for the laptop
@ dekar, timic, atticus, great seeing you guys (again) irl, hope i can come next time too
@ robsta, you suck
@ box hill, gj using real seafood and not bs fake crabmeat

might have missed people, sorry :\

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Come down for ACL coming up!

otherwise make it to the next Couch Warriors! (april 2nd)

Also results were:
Consider it noted. I think I'd be more likely for ACL, since April 2nd is the weekend after I milk my bank account for a 3DS. At the same time, I've already requested a Saturday off after ACL to go down to the ol' M-city and see a comedy sideshow for the gala. Difficulties, difficulties.

Either way I'll figure something out.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Stuff:
Cao: cheers for teaming. Was good fun. You're still p. good at this game. I like your less serious approach to Smash in general, too.

Mojo and Bret: you guys did fine, just a few things you need to brush up on. I dunno about Cao but you both pushed me pretty hard. Hope to see you 'round.

Dekar: gg in doubles. Why'd you place that low in singles? :(

Mark: I think that was your name. Anyway, you did really well in our set. I didn't expect to get pushed that far by someone I hadn't seen at tournaments before. Fair legit. Hope you come again!
And in the future I wouldn't recommend taking a Dedede to Final Destination as Meta Knight. He has better counterpick options than that.

Jared: I like your Falco. That game 1 was close and could've gone either way. You got a bit unlucky game 2 though. Another person I hope to see stick around.

Jei: close games, could've gone either way - it's never easy against you. 7th is way too low for you, man - we know you're better than your placing shows. Catch you next time.

ViVa: why the forfeit man :( I think you can learn to beat Dedede but if you want to stay away from Mario I guess I can understand, but you're way legit with Mario...

Nicks: what the hell, losers semis was way too close. Good games in both tournament sets + friendlies at the end... and was good to talk to you.

Toshi: since when did you learn to beat me? :glare: You've improved a fair lot since last time I played you, and you did really well to 3-0 me. I think. Also Nicks is apparently better at chem than both of us :(

X: cheers for Melee, and was nice to see you after so long. I don't think I'll be moving from Roy in the near future though :glare:

Ajtn: thanks for the Melee tips. I'm still not sure how seriously I intend on taking Melee, but it's good fun and I enjoyed our set. Cheers for the games.

Brawl tournament seemed a fair bit relaxed towards the death... probably because of the absence of most of the top order. It's not a bad atmosphere - and it's the highest I'll ever place. Good tournament, it even finished on time!

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Also Nicks is apparently better at chem than both of us :(
haha well i did just finish my chem major last year so you'd hope i could name at least a few elements :)
and btw if you're not on the next PR im going to have to kill somebody (probably afro!)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Cao: cheers for teaming. Was good fun. You're still p. good at this game. I like your less serious approach to Smash in general, too.
*nicks vs. cao. wario vs. peach. final match. final stock. throws a bomb into himself and relives nicks of his duty*

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Congratulation shoutout to Earl and Dekar: Excellent matches, but I'll work hard to knock you guys off the top (lol).

Angry shoutout to Dekar: Cmon doc? Zzz no fun. I'd rather play against your Jiggs to be honest.

Good Game shoutout to Cao: Peach is haaaard. But nevertheless, I found those games quite enjoyable. Thanks for the matches!

Scary shoutout to Atticus: I was really afraid to play you in tournament. Even after the set, my heart was beating really fast. Your Fox is too scary for my liking.

Special Shoutout to the two new people I played: Jared, I was really impressed by your Falco. I can tell that you were mixing up your playstyle and adapting to Diddy Kong (who is a difficult character to play against) which is really good. I'm sure Attila would be pleased to meet another Falco player.
Same goes to that Metaknight player (Sorry, I didn't get your name). You have a great attitude towords Brawl and I'd love to see you at the next tournament.

Cool shoutout to everyone else. You're so cool.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
also toshi beat dekar in winners (dekar played dr mario...) thus i never even played toshi, i lost to cao and dekar -_- not cool dekar!
actually in winners i played top tiers
in losers finals i played doc and took it 3-0

grand finals for both singles and teams were mad fun... particularly singles... never been so switched on and mistake free... felt american lolol... exhausting... mabes just coz so tired

funniest moment of the day - teams grand finals game 5
dekar and skeletom vs caotic and atticus
tom being playing hella good for the entire set (double tipper kills!)
2v1, tom and dekar (mid-high percent) vs atticus (0%?)
atticus accidentally across b's high in the air, is then caught by dekar's rest (who lands on platform)
atticus DI's well, going to barely live.
tom walks over to the platform, not sure whether or not atticus will live, not sure whether or not to wake up dekar and if so how
atticus makes it back and cleans up to take the set for the win lol

@tom: it dun matter, you played so damn good for the rest of the set anyway
and didn't lose a stock in our set against red and dd haha, sick!

ggs everyone, and welcome to the all the new people....
toshi you must learn to beat the lameness that is doc lol
leisha too good... don't think i've ever beat u in a set?
earl 2g also... but i'll beat u next time with gaw

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
You beat me one time last year in tournament before dekarz.

Man I hope I dont have that horrible heart burn ever again. That was the worst >_>. Then later on i started being delirious and trying to fall through frigates moving platform lulz.

Anyway thanks for putting up with me today viva when i was liek half dying and shiz. We were raging at the game too much. <3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
a real shame deks v cao gf wasn't recorded. the whole thing was a combo video

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
btw, was there anything left behind at the tournament? I think i left my controller behind :/. It had a bidoof sticker on the front, I hope it turns up soon

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Hey all

I first checked out Cao's original thread and read the last few pages. Sad to see it closed now. It had lots of good memories. Moving past the nostalgia, it's cool to see Jei/Redact take over the scene (I only read the first few pages) but depressing to see Cao's not the big boss anymore.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey all

I first checked out Cao's original thread and read the last few pages. Sad to see it closed now. It had lots of good memories. Moving past the nostalgia, it's cool to see Jei/Redact take over the scene (I only read the first few pages) but depressing to see Cao's not the big boss anymore.
The change is for the better. I've done good time leading the Smash Scene ('04-'10). Redact and Jei are more central figures than I am these days and put a lot of energy into sustaining the scene. Redact has grown so much since taking on a leadership role, so it's not fair to keep holding the position (and I wouldn't try and take it back when I return, the way things are going).

I can just go along for the ride and enjoy it. :)

Ajtn

Smash Rookie
I'm probably better off without seeing the full melee results but I'm still kind of curious... Is there anyone who has the info who can be arsed putting something up?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I have all the sheets with the results and always forget when I am at home.

Someone needs to remind me on IRC rofl

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Ok

Melee Singles:

1: Dekar
2: Cao
3: Toshi
4: Redact
5: Atticus
5: Tak
7: Earl
7: Timic
9: Forte
9: Tom
9: Jei
9: Kier
13: Rob
13: Atlas
13: Dwayne
13: Ajtn
17: Nicks
17: DD
17: Leisha
17: X
17: Pat
17: Joyous one
17: Dean

Brawl Singles:

1: Earl
2: Toshi
3: Dean
4: Nicks
5: Viva
5: Leisha
7: Jei
7: Dekar
9: Atticus
9: Timic
9: Cao
9: Kyle
13: Mark

The brawl/melee brackets aren't even finished here lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just letting you guys know its looking like Sunday april 3rd right now, trying to get in contact with the hive just to confirm this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom