• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 STIGMA | Melbourne Brawl and Melee

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Smash Tournaments In Greater Melbourne Australia

Welcome to the Melbourne Smash Scene. My name is Jei a.k.a 'Java' a.k.a Smash Daddy :p
I'm in charge of everything Smash and will be the main Tournament Organizer for both Brawl and Melee in Melbourne, Victoria.
Working along side Couch Warriors Vice President 'Redact' and fellow smasher 'Dekar' we hope to bring you a fun 2011 season full of fun events and new friends to meet.

Anyone is welcome to attend and compete, we just want you to enjoy yourself while playing the fighting game of your choice. It is also a great way to improve your skills against some of the best in Australia in both Brawl and Melee.

Unfortunately in this moment in time, we are having difficulties searching for a suitable venue to partake these tournaments so everything has been put on standby for now. As soon as we have confirmed a place to run events and sorted out dates, we will let everyone know all of the details.
But for now, if you are already a member of our community, welcome back to the 2011 season of smash. If you are new, please, let yourself be known by posting in this thread or hitting me up with an email if you have any questions.

Jei's mobile: 0432 043 681
Jei's email: jei.varas@gmail.com

I'm just making this thread to kick things off. I will do this properly when I have time and some ideas for a better name and when more details are confirmed. For now, enjoy.

What to expect soon!
Dates + Events
Entry Prices
Ranking Battles
Previous Tournament Results
and more!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Just wanted to say that if you need help over the holidays, or with the actual running of tourneys, I'm here. Gl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
2011 is looking better for us hellburnian folks than 2009 and 2010 ever did

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So nothing has been confirmed as of yet. No venue or dates for anything.
I guess I can just work on a name for this year's CW Brawl season...

To save some trouble, if everyone agrees on STIGMA again I'm happy to name it that. It's a pretty **** name.
Otherwise I really don't have any good ideas:

Con-nair
CWEST - Couch Warrior Enabled Smash Tourneys (pronounced 'quest'..I don't like it at all lol)
Or just STIGMATA because I really cbf.

I don't know...suggestions?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i would still like to see rc and japes introduced or brinstar banned. one or the other imo.

and fd for starter :D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Any luck with venues and crap yet?

Guess I wont be here most of February anyway. I'd try to help, but I suck at finding venues =(.

Lets just make my house the venue.I have a barn we can use lul

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
You guys can try and search for venues too that look possible, its not easy :x

I'd be happy to make calls if I could find possible venues :(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
organising smash is like picking up a second full time job -- alas, i'm no longer in that game. best of luck with your search

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
good venue for smash only -> 200 or less with 50-80 capacity

CW venue = 100~ capacity, less than 300

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Stop teasing us X.

I was supposed to be running my own separate tourneys outside of CW but lack of interest/motivation (especially towards brawl) plus my more important commitments forced me to kill the idea.

:phone:

Top Bottom