• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Bashed - Results on post #736 (default top of page 50)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
me and dean have better marths than you and we're not even on the pr
stop whining in my tournament thread

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!

Incoming Textwall! Drop Altitude!

Brawl Singles

Dean: Ugh, Dededededededede… Bring back the Marth that I can deal with =P. Need to have a better Ganon ditto next time. Next time I’ll try giving you a challenge for real though.

AA: Fun times in brawl, but the main show was 64. Been a long time since I played, but even in my prime I think you’d school me. I think I got the easy bracket to winner’s final =o

Edge: Sorry about the singles knockout, but you got revenge in doubles. Most intense match I’ve ever seen between us though. Ah, the spirit of comptition… BTW, learn to direct better on the trip back.

Connie: Nice to see a new face. Was fun. Sackboy Ness was pretty cool too.

Jei: Ugh, vsing you in singles is always so close and then I fall apart when you remember the matchup… Nah, you’ve got me pretty covered, but best watch your back! Also, the deal was you beat Dean, so you should be sorry!

Melee Doubles

Splice: Nice to see you using Falco, saw some nice stuff. You’ll beat me soon.

Afro: Haven’t seen you in ages. Nice to hear you’re still a formidable contender.

Forte and Haikal: Heh, nearly got wrecked by a Yoshi and a Falco =P

Timic and Robsta: Did we… Fight? Jog my memory.

Melee Singles

Digs: Definitely stick to the Yoshi. You’re WAY better with it then anything else. Teams in boh we coulda wrecked, just got unlucky is all.

Forte: So much better than me at like, everything.

Nicks: Nevermind, you’ll just destroy me in brawl next time. Work on the tech chase in melee.

Haikal: SooooOOOooooo Close. Definitely most nerve filled and pumped match I had in melee. Practice that upthrow chain and you’d beat me with ease.

Brawl Doubles

Leisha and Viva: Wow, you went on to at least 3rd in doubles? Niiiiice. Nice seeing you guys again, wish we had some time from friendlies.

Dean and Edge: Grrrrrrrrrrr…. Wish we hadn’t SD’d so much… Good job on beating us though, pro stock tanking guys.

Jei: Ugh, I wasted my win in 64 rather than Brawl >_<

Captain Falcon guy: Couldn’t do anything. -_-

Guy I didn’t play but took AA’s spot: Didn’t actually see you play. We shoulda had a match.

AA: Nice of you to sandbag and play Yoshi second match.

JoeyJoeyJoeJoe: Stop SDing =P

Other guy who played Kirby: Again, stop SDing.

Nixernator: Next time, you’re going down. Disappointed you didn’t win though after all that smack talk.

General/Other

Earl: Nice to hear you’re absolutely destroying; have to have a friendly next time I’m around so you can 3 stock me.

Atlas: Fun friendlies at the start of the day.

Tibs: We didn’t even chat! Still, I assume you’re as amazing and good as always.

Bryan: You’re amazing. We still have to team again.

Dekar: Great job running things and playing extraordinarily well. Teach me melee some time, and get more tvs earlier.

Toshi: Nice to chat, but again, didn’t get to play =/

Caotic: Not my best work, but not bad for a sketch. I got out my little Vector figurine from home and had a look-sie. Here Ya Go.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to Earl and Dekar for placing 1st.

It was nice meeting everyone again after the Christmas break. I would have really liked a few friendlies with everyone, but you know, tournament matches are top priority with the amount of TVs we had >.>

I was really impressed by the amount of new faces we got this tournament. There a few new people I didn't have a chance to meet. Hope you guys come to the next tournament.

Good tournament Dekar.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
the last time you beat me was at deakin at the start of '09 lol.

although we always have close sets <3 <3 <3
<3<3<3

notice that I said winner's bracket though, we've totally not fought in winner's like EVER (except that "insert johns about 12 hour train trip with no sleep")

imo I'll beat tibs in loser's bracket and beat attila in winner's bracket.
but ill lose in the opposite conditons.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Tanman: ... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! sho kyooooot! and well drawn -- i might add some linework to him to make everything cuterder -- you're da bess :)

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Shoutouts:
Melee:
Dekar - Thanks for the tourney, much fun. Too bad about the lack of tv's. Also next time you need to sandbag more.
Toshi - 2nd in melee? I'd say you were good but you were playing sheik.
Timic - Sheik is gay
Leisha - Can't believe you beat my mario -_-"
Kier - Good friendlies, sorry that I kept going peach but you were beating all my other characters :/
Fortei - Game vs Marth was close, but i can't beat sheik -_-"
Plasia - Dreamland is SO GOOD for peach :D
Others - I had a few friendlies with you guys but i dunno your names. I had fun in all of my friendlies
Brawl:
Afro - Thanks for the MK guidance
Nix - Pretty sure I ***** mk dittos :p too bad i sucked next game hey
Santa - I push down on c stick just a tad better than you do :p
Dekar and Jei - You guys are lame. <3 don't try so hard next time
BBall:
Nix and Afro - you guys aren't tall enough
Joey - best bball partner :p
Toshi - sorry i stole your place

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeh nah the baranyays are on another level than you and i, shaya

thanks for recognising that tournament matches take priority over friendlies, toshi, and this is especially important when there is a tv shortage.
felt like the fun police going around stopping friendlies all day lol

you played really well btw toshi, well done :)

Rhythm_Raik

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the fun Brawls. I didn't win my tournament matches, but I had fun Brawling afterwards! Hope I can get better though. :D

digs

Smash Rookie
Yo! That American guy here. Just posting to tell everyone how much of a good time I had. It's been a fair while since I've been on any competitive scene for any video games, but it's just as much fun as I remember. I personally wish I had been able to play against more of you in friendlies since this was almost a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet most of you, but I'm at least somewhat satisfied with the amount of matches I got in. Additionally, I wanted to thank all of you for being so friendly. The last tournament I went to two years back didn't have nearly the same friendly atmosphere as this one did, something which I really appreciated this time around.

I apologize since I don't recall everyone I met, but I'll try some shouts of my own to those that I do recall. I'll try and put it in the order than I remember meeting you.

Viva: Yeah, I just sorta stood up and introduced myself to ya. You were cool with it, though. Awesome that you place 3rd in Doubles. Your Mario is quite good.

Splice: I had a feeling I'd be meeting you somewhere in Brawls singles, considering Game & Watch is one of my worst matches with Yoshi. You seemed to take a liking to me after our match, though, which was awesome. Much appreciated, and keep rockin' the Zerg in StarCraft II!

Jei: Man, it's not often to meet someone who's so dedicated to Yoshi, probably even more so than me, considering what you told me. I have lots of Yoshi plushies myself, but I'm a little off the mark of twenty. Still, that had to be one of the most fun Yoshi dittos of my life, even if something like that is incredible rare. Don't worry, I'll be giving the torch back when I leave in February. Keep it lit for me until I return. Maybe I'll be able to do more than just shoot in basketball then. =P

Dean: We didn't talk too much, but from the time you played Tanman in a Ganondorf ditto at the start, I knew you were cool. If I come 'round again, we'll have to talk and play a bit more. Good job on beating us in doubles, too. Quite the show you and Edge put on there. ^^;

Nix: Yeah, I still find the term front Smash real amusing. You're definitely a good guy, and really friendly. I'll have to have a rematch against your ZSS another time.

Atlus: Too bad you couldn't stick around, but we had a real nice talk at the end. If you stuck around, we might've talked about the Tales series as well as other games for ages, though. Would've been fun. ^^;

Caotic: It was really an amazing surprise to meet someone else from the US, even if I've never really been to California but one time. It was pretty cool when you approached me and asked about how I was from Connecticut. Really awesome to meet you, can't stress that enough. Oh, and I gave Tanman the figurine of Vector that he used as a reference for your drawing for Christmas. You can thank me later. ^^;

Edge: You'd best stick to Shiek, and use your Snake for Duelist Pro only. Nah, but nice comeback match against us. Tanman and I will have our revenge next time. We'll have to have more friendlies before I go home.

Tanman: Last but not least. Thanks a ton for bringing me to such a fun event, and letting me finally meet some of the cool people you talked to me about. I really appreciate it, even if you did whoop me in Melee. I'll stick to my Yoshi there, as promised.

To those I didn't mention, I've either forgotten in a scatterbrained haze, or we didn't really talk much. If I ever return, I'll try to meet even more of you guys. You all totally rock. Thanks again. ^_^

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Dekar: gw
Redact: Dropping to 3rd whilst feeling terrible? You're going to rip some idiots at PoO!
Atticus/Tak: poor effort
Forte: Stop leaving early!
Roundface: Your peach is nice, gw
Robsta: Sorry but I did warn you about how good I am in teams...
Cao: Didn't win in 2minutes Peach versus Roy with multiple attempts? 5/10
Jei: You went full dragon mode in the last stock, where the heck did that come from?
Unlucky13: Thanks for the anti-yoshi tips, Jei wont be as fortunate next time
Surgi: I agree, DL makes the Roy/Peach matchup 0:10. Simply impossible lol

Smashkids: Bring some TVs far out, don't you parents let you drive or something?

Splice

Smash Hero
@Digs:

Lots of people hate the GaW matchup, lol.
Well when I first started everyone did... how does everybody feel now??
... I'll leave that one open.

Also SC1 ;)
I hardly ever get to play SCII seeing as I can only play it at a friends. But I win more thanks to the league system, lol, everyone who still plays SC1 is way too top tier... except me :c

Nice meeting you Digs :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
my pleasure digs. if you're around NY in june/july we should hit up a tournament! and how is it you have a VECTOR fig? oh my

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nice to meet you, digs

to answer your question splice, i'd rather verse a metaknight than a game and watch, that 2-d ****** is a ****en annoying **** **** **** *******
why would anyone ever play gaw. he's more annoying than ****en wario and i really really hate that fat *****
also delfino counterpick was heaps gay
despite the alliteration, dekar doesn't destroy ****heads on delfino with dancing-blade and d-smash
w/e beat you next time i guess, with every set i gain more knowledge of that woeful game (special thanks to nicks for special "don't use all hits of dancing blade every time it's ********" tip)

@melee: so i herd u can cape yoshi's jump lol

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
w/e beat you next time i guess, with every set i gain more knowledge of that woeful game (special thanks to nicks for special "don't use all hits of dancing blade every time it's ********" tip)
haha no probs, ill make you best at brawl in no time, as long as you make me top 3 material in melee before poo :)

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts:

Dekar: thanks for setting this up and being such a friendly TO
AA: thanks for the 64 tourney it was great to finally meet you and have some games in person.
Robsta: go train your fox.
Kier: had sooo much fun with falcon dittos and friendlies. bloody brilliant games.
Roundface & Haikal: some epic matches both doubles and singles. looking forward to next time.
Plasia: thanks for the laptop for 64. was a great help.
Jessie: thanks for the fantastic matches in first bracket, you helped me a LOT with my falco and marth match ups
Earl: great 64 games :) next time we are having some friendlies.
AJTN & DD: thanks for being there.

and thanks to everyone else for being there, contributing to day and making my first tourney great fun. i am definitely going to be around so say hi if you see me or hit me up for a friendly (melee or 64)

digs

Smash Rookie
@Splice

True, but I could see myself getting used to it eventually. Maybe. ^^;

And yeah, I nearly forgot about your PC issues for SC2. I know what you mean about people and their SC1 skill, though. Some folks are absolutely ridiculous on that game, micro managing things I didn't even know could be micro'd. I mostly used it for Used Map Settings games after I got owned too many times, hehe. Here's to hoping you can get a new computer soon so you can rock folks more on SC2.

@Caotic

If I'm around the area, or even if I'm not, I'll definitely let you know and try to make it. Sounds like it'd be a blast, since I never tried the scene around there.

As for the Vector figurine, it came in a special edition collectors pack at Toys R' Us back in the U.S. The pack included Vector, Espio, and a special copy of issue #138 of the Sonic Archie comics. And for further reference, a picture.

http://img4.imageshack.us/i/dscn0460ga.jpg/

Awesome, right? Definitely look for it whenever you're in the U.S. again. ^^;

Hermit=D

Smash Apprentice
Dekar: hehe think i lucked out having you as my partner =P

I thought the doubles was over when i left >_>
I had an awesome time and I'll be at the next tournament, unless im working =D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah that's something a few of the new people were confused with and something i'm just too used to by now:

the way double elimination works, is that you're only out of the tournament after you lose twice
when you lose the first time, you go into the loser's bracket with other people who have lost once. if you lose in the loser's bracket, you're out. the person who win's the loser's bracket versus the person who win's the winner's bracket in the grand final, where the loser's bracket player must win 2 consecutive sets against the winner's bracket player to win the tournament. (the winner's bracket player only has to win 1 set)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elimination_tournament

asianaussie

Smash Hero
guess ill do shoutouts with my limited knowledge

rob: inviting me, ggs, seems you're more suited to melee lol
tom: nice meeting you, ggs, hoping i can play you in gf of 64 sometime :D
dekar: gj running it with so few tvs, other tournaments i've been to were run far less efficiently even with more resources
plasia: thanks for the laptop, 64 worked well and you freed up another tv, so props to you from whoever benefitted
everyone i played in 64: earl, nix, everyone else because i have an awful memory for names :(
timic: sorry for dragging you down in brawl and thanks for the hard drive offer
everyone who played 64: spread the word, retro is coming back :D

hoping to see people again, if i don't remember your name feel free to punch me - this especially applies to tom's friends, whose names i forgot as soon as i left the venue :(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
it's so good to have 64 forming as the third pillar of smash in melbourne. do you guys realise there's no other region in the world that really has this? next time i come earlier i'll play some games.

we win

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i'm cool parting with $10. however, there hasn't been a proper melee in jpn for ages so yall are wrong.

Robsta

Smash Ace
They still get tournaments in Japan for 64 with 90+ entrants. :/

Dekar- Thanks for hosting/organising all the shiz.
Redact- For a STUNNER of a disappointment.
AA- For dominating 64.
Tak- For not being there. Seriously thanks to you not attending everyone had a better time.
Alexis- For losing to me in Melee. Not going to let you live that one down. :cool:
Plasia- For almost exploding my brains with your legendary team skills.
Earl- For the pre-dgb training/matches.
Timic- For making my laugh like hell.
Nix- For being fantastic at 64. You're definitely one to look out for next monthly.
Toshi- For putting Stunner in his place. 'Bout time that boy learned some manners. :rotfl:

Anyone I didn't mention... DEAL WITH IT. :lick:

Top Bottom