• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Hyped - Jan 28 - Link to results at top of opening post

Dekar289

Smash Hero
an hour on the bowser boards on the phone to cao and an hour of practice for $1000

nah

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Nuu don't catch buses. Get to the city and catch a train going to Belgrave or Lilydale, get off at Boronia station. 2 min walk from there.

Gords

Smash Champion
it more for the way back , im thinking of getting an early sunday flight home, also is anything happening on friday night, like meets or whatever and also is someone able to house me or should i look for a hostel, is there anywhere near the venue good to stay at?

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
The EB tourney was nothing like I'd have expected XD I got knocked out second round :(
Well the game rules are heaps different and there is double elimination in our tourneys which means you lose two best of threes before you are knocked out.

It takes some time, practice, exp and research to compete at the higher levels of brawl and most good players have already done that so it's quite understandable to get knocked out early. Just keep at it and attend some tourneys/meets, it shouldn't take you too long to catch up and compete at a decent level.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Gary put it perfectly. I wish I had thought of something like that to say to a new person when they ask how hard the competition is.
"The regular attendees have already gone through all the stages of preparation. It doesn't take long etc. etc."
It's good Gary.

But yeah basically Hoppalot don't compare the EB tourney to our normal monthly tournaments, they are almost complete opposites in how they are run.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Thanks Jei :).

I was thinking that maybe we could take a group photo of all the winners (First/Second/Third + Doubles) and post it with results. It will give something more to go on for winning and increase the drive to actually get to those top places besides money. The only problem I see with this atm is it may be the same people in the photos every time, lol.
Thoughts?

Splice

Smash Hero
it wont be same people in photoes everytime
altho it wont be that diverse
probably a rotation of like 8 people.

anyway good idea gary yes lets do that
Do it for amateur bracket as well

who will be our photographer

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it more for the way back , im thinking of getting an early sunday flight home, also is anything happening on friday night, like meets or whatever and also is someone able to house me or should i look for a hostel, is there anywhere near the venue good to stay at?
you're welcome to stay at mine on the saturday night if you're unable to find housing elsewhere
also something should happen friday night... idk what tho haha

I will take the pics off my phone so I can upload them onto the write up i'll be doing.
shweet

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sure Leish, so long as you send them to me afterwards so I can add them with the results and stuff.

(or seeing as though we will be using your laptop? You could post results + pics lol)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
My camera uses an SD card so I can put them onto my laptop right away if I wanted to. I'll post everything just to make it easier lol.

I return to melbourne tomorrows.

Gords

Smash Champion
you're welcome to stay at mine on the saturday night if you're unable to find housing elsewhere
also something should happen friday night... idk what tho haha
thanks dekar, how long does it take from your place to southern cross station, catching the train home and most likely will need to be at the station by 8am. if i cant get to the station in time for that train ill change by booking for the night service.

also i will be arriving melbourne about 4pm friday, please let me know where the funs at

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
You can get to Southern Cross station from Boronia at 8:03am the earliest on a Sunday morning. Takes about an hour...so from Boronia station about 7:00am roughly

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
so i'll probably arrive around 5. can i be registered into brawl teams and melee singles please?

also, tak, brawl teams? :D :D :D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
We'll see what happens, depends on how time is going but it'll probably be okay.

I can just be assistant TO for the day if you dont mind jei.

Probably wont have time for cupcakes, got work all day on friday. :/

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so i'll probably arrive around 5. can i be registered into brawl teams and melee singles please?
we'll register you for both but you may be dq'd into loser's if you're late
might wanna give me a call around ~4:30 and see how we're doin

I can just be assistant TO for the day if you dont mind jei.
2 brawl TOs would be awesome, esp since we're also running the amateur bracket
cheers leisha i'll update OP

Probably wont have time for cupcakes, got work all day on friday. :/
i get friday off whee

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
gords make sure for the love of all things holy that you take dekar a pair of earmuffs.

or three.

Rebound

Smash Rookie
Is there any need to register beforehand for this or can we just show up on the day?

First tourney, just checking haha

Top Bottom