• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
omg tak
are you ********?

learn to read threads for ****s sake
most of the smashers are going on a ski trip
jesus christ

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
omg tak
are you ********?

learn to read threads for ****s sake
most of the smashers are going on a ski trip
jesus christ
I know idiot but not everyone which is why I posted it here for this weekend so then i won't end up have 15 people over but won't have to announce it to everyone that's isn't going on msn

anyway if anyone wants to come over and play smash then come around 12

Address is Wattleview Rise scoresby

if you have trouble finding the place then call me on 0432724241

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
In regards to meeting at your place cao, It'd be a round trip for me since we'd be coming back towards my place anyway. It'd probably be easier to meet us around here.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oh yeah....

well this is what lokos likes gonna happen:
- 5.30am meet blazey's car at my place
- 5.45am pick up the sydney guys
- 6.15am - meet you at wallan? need address
10-11am get to hotham

call me

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
5 seats with a very decent amount of room in the back for stuff if anyone's car is too packed and they want to unload some gear.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
wait a second.. the tournament was last week
the **** school camp i had last week made me lose track of time...
ahh well............
i'll prob be in melb tommorow so i might end up at the meet tak, nothing confirmed as always ;D

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Was the JAM-Fund in force last month? I don't remember anyone collecting money for it.

I wanted to know why these two stages are legal.
Bridge of Eldin [D]: Any matchup on this stage takes too long since the stage splits in half often and the players wait on opposite ends. This stage is also banned on the SBR stage list.
Big Blue: This stage wasn't allowed in Melee. What did Brawl do to make this stage legal? This stage is also banned on the SBR stage list.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Bridge of Eldin [D]: It looks nice
Big Blue: Has Falcon music

Time limits are enforced, and since so many people dislike these stages it's not like they'll be played often.
Anyhow I don't have the foggiest who SBR is/are or who made them king of the world, but we have our ruleset and we'll stick to it.
Stage cancel and / or ban if you dislike them so much. Otherwise without reasoning I for one wont look at changing this decision.

Jam fund was present at the last monthly. Generally if you haven't been asked but want to make a contribution ask one of us and we should help out :)

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
I honestly wonder what would happen if the D3 banned stages were un-banned for a monthly or two. That would make Redact a happy person. xD

I'd like to have some sort of short tourney where the D3 rule is ignored for a once only thing.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Yeah next monthly I'll pay $4 instead of $2. How much did we collect so far and how much more do we need? Now that more people are coming to the monthlies, more people can contribute.

Come on Shaz you could have given a better reason than "Falcon music" lol.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Geez man....Cobalt in this country there can be no greater reason xD.
Mikul - lol if you want to have a ******** tourney like that you're welcome to host one :p

You're better off speaking to KO about the Jam fund as I've not really had much to do with it sorry :S

PS How cool is my avatar eh?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The ski/boarding trip might have had something to do with it. Well, we're back now! I'm currently processing some photos of it in my Photogwoxy section. There were some memorable moments, which mostly involve stacking. Like Kirk dislocating his shoulder, Natalie stacking on everyone off the chairlift, and Sam on a snowboard. To celebrate our homecoming, I have retitled the thread for great justice.

Word has it there's a smashfest this coming weekend.

So do we have lots of TV's to include Melee for the next Monthly yet? No point wanting it if nothing is done about it.

Kirk being a hazard

Being fed drugs to ease pain of popping his sholders and smiles gleefully as hes being whisked away by the snowmobile

Fork

Sis trying to be cool for the camera and reaching the 'point of no return' - falling on her ***

Blazey!

Chris! You know which one (there was 3)

Fork the assassinator

Devil on the ground

snowmobiles i want to ride on

Horrible snow-Pikachu

Jonti is having way too much fun building somethng that looks like a ****

pissing about the van gearing down

poseys

sex pose

a normal one

forky says this is how you cook - fonti has no face

Sam lol he looks nervous like me

Devil

moo

and lots more stuffs on my sig!

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
Most epic moment of the trip: Drifting in a front wheel automatic Camry to circle a possum

SPEED CAR SPEED CARRRR

*collapses*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Jack's buddy dislocated his shoulder trying to jump over a hill and misbalanced himself

Dekar289

Smash Hero
great, now that you're back you can discuss important issues like melee vs brawl and WAI NO PIKMIN
your little hotel thing looks warm and fuzzy =)

as for SRS MELEE ISSUE, imo cw buys like 3 tvs with their millions of monies and we run single elim melee on that =D (after brawl, because brawl would be quicker amirite)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If we get CW to buy extra TV's (which they already committed to I believe), we run the risk of being even more relaxed and not supplying anything for ourselves. For the time being we'd still need more people to supply TV's, until purchasing TV's becomes a sustainable exercise.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now!

Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom

I'm sorry.
I'm at work and don't start for another hour and I'm bored to death...hence the Doom Song.

What's this about a Smash meet this weekend?

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now!

Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom
A Doomy doomy doom

Snowwww <3, we wouldnt have made it without SPEED CAR SPEEED CAR!

Jonte and Forky was awesome meeting you guys.
For the record that was the worst lesbian movie of all time.
Will post Kirks photos later.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Re: Melee.

There's no use saying people who want Melee should bring TVs, because the reality is afaik none of us are able to. And considering the few TVs Smash people can scrounge are needed for Brawl and there really isn't that much interest from the greater community, I personally think bringing Melee back at Couch Warriors is currently not viable.

That being said, I'm thinking of hosting a Melee meet at my own house and would like to see if there is any interest for this. Even if it's just a handful of us I think it could be fun to have a small tournament and just hang out, and maybe afterwards we can go hang out at Box Hill for dinner and arcade, or we can just get some pizza delivered if we're lazy.

I live in Bulleen, a northeastern suburb closest to Heidelberg station on the Hurstbridge line, there's a bus that runs from there to the Box Hill station (and back) that stops a short walk from my house and runs decently late for weekend times, probably looking at Saturday here. Post up if you're interested.

Glad you ski trippers had fun :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We never had a problem supplying 10+ tv's when it came to events like Rambo or Comrades - I do think we are capable of greater commitments, but people probably don't see the need for such continued efforts.

I'm very down for Melee tournament.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Lol Zack nearly killed me this weekend by sharing his love of respiratory infection, hence no activity on my part.
Good to see you guys had fun, and that Sam managed to ****e himself judging by that picture xD
Running Melee at monthlies would be pretty warmly welcomed by a fair few. Realise that it will be a very heavy burden on myself and KO to have not only to run double but ourselves play in double the matches....coz like h3ll he or we'd would miss melee.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Atticus i think you should make a new thread for your tournament and have the details and such there. I wonder if Box Hill has SF4 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom