• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll go for a night session after 5pm, you guys hanging in Melbourne Park until late? I want to watch Absinthe

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The next Melee Tournament is scheduled for either the 7th of February or the 21st of February!

Melee Singles and Teams DE will return!

**WATCH THIS SPACE**

Dekar289

Smash Hero
double elim teams, rofl
i guess it gives the others a fairer chance for 2nd

HAY CAOTIC
if you dun use peach for winners
i won't use puff for winners
go

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
KO and I are using Roy and Luigi coz we're too good. You silver meds can use whatever you please but it wont change squat.
Stay tuned for scenes of [Next Episode: Dekar and Em dies to Cobalts team!]
**WATCH THIS SPACE ALSO**

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Luigi, HAH

Whose going to the tennis Australian Open tomorrow? Bryan Forte and a few others are going, and the dress theme is bogan! Also smashfest at my house afterwards, I'm close to Melbourne Park!

We can also drink out and enjoy the fireworks, what say you douchebags?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's expensive
and hot
john john john john

dekar and em dies to cobalts team? unless we go up against ken and isai i doubt we will lose a stock
and if we tried vs ken and isai still prob 8 stock

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Dekar loves licking the salty sweat off Mr.Sheen's large bald head.

Proof you say? : **WATCH THIS SPACE**

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i don't approve of you littering all my secrets into this thread

so much space to watch, GAWWD
hmmm also **WATCH THIS SPACE*

also

idk

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Luigi, HAH

Whose going to the tennis Australian Open tomorrow? Bryan Forte and a few others are going, and the dress theme is bogan! Also smashfest at my house afterwards, I'm close to Melbourne Park!

We can also drink out and enjoy the fireworks, what say you douchebags?
I think I'll join you guys at the tennis tomorrow =]. Might not be there til about 11 or something, though. Oh, and I'd have to leave early, too, because I have work early the next day like most of us. Just ground passes, yeah? I'll be there =D.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
bump (that's what she said) (lolwut)

so finished fable 2, that game is like 7/10 imo

Dekar289

Smash Hero
resi evil 5 demo on the marketplace now
love how in the new gta no loading times when going into buildings

also i think atticus is selling his ps3, works fine, $200
get in quick

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We have a confirmation for the next Melee-Only tournament: the 15th of February (Sunday).

Details will be updated in the first post later today.

All the information will be distributed through a mail-out. Check to see if your email details are correct in the list below. If youe email is not there or you'd like to change your one, post right away with your new details:

CAOTIC (East Melbourne/Jolimont) - caodav@gmail.com
Jamie/Cronorox - bombersrule_1@hotmail.com
Vermiis - darkvermiis@hotmail.com
Atticus (Bulleen) - stirfrymon@gmail.com
Freddo (Epping) - freddo2@hotmail.com
Red X (Greenvale) - matt_ani@hotmail.com
Devil (Whittlesea) - ecko159@hotmail.com
Strider (Broadmeadows) - strider_ani@hotmail.com
Zan3tsuken (Thornbury) - omeletta@hotmail.com
Anfology (Eltham) - anthvr4@hotmail.com
Richard (Epping) - mybigv8@hotmail.com
ZTV (Reservoir) - zemonoth@hotmail.com
Dohei (Lower Plenty) - matt_leees@hotmail.com
Cronos Rainbow/Shaz (Narre Warren) - omnimetrix@hotmail.com
Cobalt (Noble Park) - turkish_blood@hotmail.com
Mr.Phantasmo (Frankston) - adam_hocking@msn.com
Jared (Mt.Eliza) everence@hotmail.com
SabreAnt (Hampton Park) - sabreant@hotmail.com
Syrick (Cheltenham) - omega_syrick@hotmail.com
Emily/Kupo (Mulgrave) - ddrmaniac13@hotmail.com
Divine Crono (Parkdale) - divine_crono@hotmail.com
Reon (Langwarrin) - nintounk@hotmail.com
CATS (Monbulk, Yarra Ranges) - kyattsu@hotmail.com
Redact (Blackburn) - phil_mc_crack69@hotmail.com
Myst Walker (Glen Waverley) - mystdreamer@hotmail.com
Dekar (Boronia) - sticktail@gmail.com
Forte (Glen Waverley) - vlim15@hotmail.com
X (Nunawading) - masterx___@hotmail.com
Tak (Scoresby) - gtdrift@hotmail.com
Cella - cella_lina@hotmail.com
Atlas (Wantirna) - atlasmist@hotmail.com
Bylim15 (Hawthorn) - bryan_ys_lim@hotmail.com
Ammaren (Mount Waverley) - cwoo8888@hotmail.com
Gietz (Knoxfield) - gietz13@gmail.com
Moogleman (Upwey) - ibstar_moogleman@hotmail.com
Thundermistress (Kew) - epona_race_ash@hotmail.com
Duffman (East Malvern) - theonlyduffman@hotmail.com
Jei (Delahey) - jei.varas@gmail.com
Nay (Sydenham) - nathan.struzycki@gmail.com
Blazey (Hoppers Crossing) - forblaze71@hotmail.com
Ugly Is The New Black (Wyndham Vale) - thedorianmode@hotmail.com
Markarse (Seddon) - thom_markus@hotmail.com
Erick (Altona) - watchulookinat@hotmail.com
Plasia (Keilor) - robert_plasia@hotmail.com
V1p3r (Keilor) - v1p3rau@hotmail.com
Nick (St. Albans) - nickcaine87@hotmail.com
JM (Sydenham) - jm__04@hotmail.com
Mikul (Geelong) - ice-shaman@hotmail.com
Fierce Oni (Ballarat) - fierce_oni@hotmail.com
LemonManX (Bendigo) - kryan_25@hotmail.com
Hero (Essendon) - link_carlo@hotmail.com
Timic83 - timic83@gmail.com
linkmaster@iprimus.com.au
wilbert_wolf@hotmail.com
afropony@hotmail.com
Yanoss1313 - showmethewaytocandyland@hotmail.com

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
**** its freezing outside. melbourne is soooo ****ing cold

okay, time for some real news:
- Corona from Anything Interactive gave me a call today and we had very promising talks about AI and Gamerthon working together with the Smash Community. He would like to have the opportunity to see/work with a major Smash Tournament in Melbourne before the Gamerthon in ACMI, which is scheduled for Q4 this year. He also is hosting a mini mjaor of his own in Monash University in April/May, so we might even host the GG finals there.

Word

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I want to remember what feeling freezing cold was like. I hate feeling stupidly hot all the time. **** you, Summer.

Melee is sexy.

**** Sony having to wait an extra week for the RE5 demo... ah well, I'll entertain myself with my copy of Twin Snakes. Heart you MGS!!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
About me:
...The Early Years...

Zeus K. Rockefeller Esquire (who later changed his name to Phil to avoid paparazzi following his invention of shoelaces) was born on the 25th of December, 1940, to a poor Laotian/Dutch family in the deep jungles near Borobudur. He was one of eighteen children born that day, seven of which were suspiciously stillborn. Luckily Phil was the eighth child born that day and he was able to successful oversee the birth of the next nine children. Each of these nine children would become figures of worldwide renown, some for good and some for evil. Phils youngest sister is probably the best known. Known to Phil simply as Dorothy, to the rest of the world, Adolf Hitler. Phil has a typical childhood spending much of his time on his grandfather’s (Gandalf the White) enchanted tower hunting unicorns.
Phil’s above-average intelligence was recognized early in his schooling when for a grade six science project he submitted a piece he entitled “The Investigation of the State of Aether in Magnetic Fields” which was later stolen by Albert Einstein. Of note also is that for a grade three ‘show-and-tell’ Phil brought in his left bicep which impressed classmates and teacher alike.
He was no stranger to the sports field competing in the school team for swimming, soccer, tennis, rugby, basketball, baseball and polo (for which Phil was the only player to not require a horse). At the age of 9 he played for the Junior Wallabies squad in the 1949 Rugby World Cup in Sri Lanka, where his innovative playmaking resulted in the invention of running.
High School set the precedent for the rest of Phil’s life. He was a favourite among the teachers and was popular with all students. No more was this more evident than on Prom Night when Phil won both Prom King and Queen. Phil participated liberally in extra-curricular activities such as the audio-visual society where he directed his first home-made movie entitled ‘The Godfather.’ Also an avid member of the Junior Politics society Phil was integral in the formation and implementation of Chamberlain’s appeasement policy.
It should also be noted that Phil held the position of head-master for two years while simultaneously serving as a student. On graduation day Phil was voted ‘most likely to physically heal earth’ (perhaps a foreshadowing of his heal the world antics of later years) as well as ‘greatest all-round sportsman’ and ‘most likely to earn one million dollars’ (which he fulfilled the following day). Phil took a 17 and a half year gap year before he ventured into university. Some of his best known exploits during this period was his single-handed defeat of Operation Barbarossa and dropping himself on both Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Phil returned to the known world at the ripe age of 15 ready to usher in a new age of civilization after his six year rule as Sultan of Brunei.

..After High School...

After Phil’s extended gap year upon finishing school and his subsequent invention of excretion he decided it was time to focus his blinding intellect on more advanced learnings.
For this reason Phil attended Harvard, MIT and Cambridge and simultaneously completing a combined degree of Law, Engineering and Medicine respectively. During his time at these universities he served as tutor, lecturer and dean of each respective faculty. He influenced each of these faculties greatly by his invention of the book. However there was also a great stain upon his time at university, one that Phil has tried to put behind him for the last twenty-seven thousand years. One wintry morning, after an especially bad Pakistani dinner, Phil found himself in a dangerous predicament where he had run out of toilet paper in the public toilet. Luckily Phil kept a tree in his pocket and was able to fashion a crude book which he used to wipe his own sphincter. This book which he deposited in the bin was later found by a complete loser (who was also a homosexual, unemployed, mentally ********, ugly and gay) who worshiped the **** covered book like a God. He gathered other students to his call and thus the Arts Faculty was born. Phil has never lived down the day. His post-graduate studies in Gypsy Magicks were however cut short when he joined the fight against the communist menace in North Korea and Jupiter.

Phil served with much distinction earning the nickname “Korean Lightning” after he courageously destroyed seven Chinese M921 tanks using only his watch and a hand glass. It was here that Phils love of medicine bloomed and he managed to find a cure to Asian Pox, which claimed over 1800 lives in the Korean conflict prior to his discovery. He managed to defeat the whole North Korean offensive with one decisive blow from his bulging bicep.
Also during this time Phil met his first wife Byung-soon Park. It was a warm summer morning and Phil was patrolling Siberia when he stumbled into a communist booby-trap while attempting to juggle 19 live grenades. The trap was sprung and Phil spent the next 6 days pinned to the floor surviving only on his hatred for Communism.

On the 7th day of the ordeal, when Phil thought he could only take another two or three years without food and water a young Korean girl stumbled across the lone soldier and freed him (many have of course theorized as to why Phil didn’t just free himself but as they say, Phil only knows).
The courtship of Byung-soon lasted 5 years and has become known as the ‘2nd Renaissance’ however she died during their honeymoon, where he traveled with her to Alderaan, not realising that she was unable to survive a direct hit from the Death Star. From that day on Phil took a vow of celibacy and forever dedicated his life to the improvement of the human race.

..The Later Years...

The 1960’s brought turbulent times for Phil, who was only just recovering from the death of his much loved fiancée. Her death turned his heart to ice and subsequently resulted in the Cold War between the Soviet Union and the USA as they fought over who cared more about Phils feelings.

From 1957-1970 Phil was mysteriously missing from the public eye and as such many rumors regarding his whereabouts surfaced. The most popular of these was that he adopted the pseudonym John Lennon and formed ‘The Beatles’. This is mostly false; the truth is Phil was all four members of The Beatles, as well as their guitars and Ringo’s left drum-stick. Two other theories have been posed to explain Phils absence during these 13 years. Firstly the outlandish theorem put forward by Dr. Adolphus Dremensteinman Esquire that suggests Phil was posing as the country of Vietnam, hosting (and playing puppet-master) to the hostilities between South and North Vietnam. Secondly and more generally accepted among academic circles is that Phil spent the years from 1965-1970 traveling back in time (in a machine reportedly fashioned from an envelope and a great white shark). The purpose of these chronological cruises was purely recreational, traveling back in time to hunt dinosaurs with his best friend who was made of scissors.
Finally and perhaps most controversially was the theory that Phil in fact WAS the years 1957 to 1970 after learning that the universe had momentarily stopped expanding. In order to properly correct this anomaly Phil was forced to become time (by eating over 102,786,000 alarm clocks) itself for over a decade until the universe had returned to normal. Of course, all 4 theories are probably true.

Phil returned to the world stage as himself at the beginning of 1970 springing into action early. On January 12th he ended the Nigerian Civil War using only a small Cambodian child prostitute (which he later ate). Three hours later he invented pins and the direction up, hence becoming the first pin-up boy to the delight of many female (and male) fans. After throwing the first Japanese satellite, the Osumi, into space in February, and also starred in the World Cup scoring four goals for Brazil, Phil spent the rest of the year working for a successful law firm as both the CEO and the office block that housed operations.
By now Phil decided he was ready for bigger things and so he decided it was now time to assume his adult form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom