• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
weeew whites winnnnn lool
those canadanese are alright
that egyptian buddhist african dude needs some prac though

shoutouts

vash: thanks for teaming and like resting all the bad dudes while i sit back and enjoy the show =) blame chris for projectiling me into losers. sick rest at the end of the 2nd match btw, i main puff and i can't rest for **** lololwut
monkey: yer uh ggs, nice sheeeek =)
shadow: good work in crews, you didn't lose a single stock, nice. say hi to dave and oli and suhayb from us, you guys can get melee going in SA again! ;)
cao: ur bad, prac up. trying in melee is like trying in brawl as g and w, bair only, ONLY. wahhhh
blazey: blazey team finals wut gj brah
chris: i'm lucky you missed that grab ey, well done, even beat mah falco awww 2g
redact: DACTYL MANNNNNGGG idk lol
cobalt: back to study, thats enough smash for a year for you, really good to see ya again babe
forte: gj in crews against vash, you've clearly been watching your dekars ;)
bryan: let's team per se
timic: <- is 15 years old apparently lolwut, bigger than most of us ahah the new atticus imo
tak: GOOD MATCH MANG

uhh results

low tier:
1st chris (young link)
2nd cao (fkn like.. idk uhhhhhhhh what was it.. oh yeh zelda, but he also got owned in winners as uhhhh that other dude bowser and uhhhh something else crap)
3rd dekar (amazing roy 3000)

teams
1st dekar-vash (the rest)
2nd cao-blazey
3rd idk redact mikul maybe? why didn't they get 2nd, geez cao = /

singles
1st cao (peach should be banned rite)
2nd dekar (puff marth aka the skill characters)
3rd chris (yyyyyyyoung link. and foxxxx)

ggs

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
timic: <- is 15 years old apparently lolwut, bigger than most of us ahah the new atticus imo

wtf how did u know?

timics epic results

singles: lose win lose
lowtier: lose lose
teams: win lose
fate: lose lose
sf4: win lose lose
ggxx: win lose lose
3s: lose lose
home run contest: *****es i got 581m with yoshi beat that

ya doods it was epic, i suck tho
must train on broll now... err

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Bah, I knew I should have stayed for the crews. Oh well, I guess it was an easy win without me there (lolwut?).

Anyways, I don't have much to say. Too tired and such (johns):

MonkeyBear: Wowowow. Awesome sheik. Just too good lol.
Tak: I swear, Onett is (or should be) banned. That's some hax stuff right there.
Brian: WTF, your peach is like hax now. Absolutely killed my falco =( Peach should be banned XD
Everyone else: I'm pretty sure I lost to everybody at this tourny lol. I need more practice. Too many good players. My hand hurt. I was hungry. I had a sore back. (More johns).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Photo set from yesterday:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caotique/sets/72157617528395511/
Tennis is fun, everyone is out of form though. Next time!

Amaterasu - Crazy last final set in low tier. Bomb-cancelling a PK flash kill that would have made me won is too good. Young Link is also pretty good against Peach - I just had to get in your face at the end, staying back and playing conservative is pretty dumb hahaha
Dekar - You won't be able to beat Peach unless you sneak in some rests. My bair nulls all of your approaches, so work on getting around that priority
Cobalt - Pets your cuted head for coming. Better late than never
Monkeybear/Vash - A lot better since last time I saw you guys in Canada. Come again soon, Melbourne is all too happy to put you guys up for housing
Forte - What happened to your service game?
Blazey - Good work in teams, you were reliable for a change. Work on not getting rested/gimped, pretty tough I know stuff happens so fast
Redact - Still smart player, slight loss of technical skill hahaha. Don't worry you don't need too much more
Tak - Cheer up emo kid. Fox ears is cute ears

Good games everyone, please keep on supporting the Melee Monthlies!

Onett isn't on my banned list, maybe it should be? hahaha, such a fun gay stage regardless. Like Green Greens. Have you no soul?

The crew battle would have been close if people didn't ban my Peach. Asians have too much pride. White people win again

I'll update the Melee Rankings soon!

Dekar289

Smash Hero

and now

note how melee completely replaced 64 but brawl didn't do the same to melee =p

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Sorry about how I was acting yesterday, I let the worst of myself take over and was annoying the crap out of everyone (especially sorry to Cao and Forte who I probably annoyed the most). I sorted out a few personal today, so I won't be like that again hopefully =)

Dekar: I would say don't bag me about this but knowing you, that will only want to make you more =P

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
i beat a falco with doc... whow as that guy? it was in friendlies
It was probably me. My falco was stupid and thought it was a fox, so it kept upsmashing =/

Oh well, back to brawl for me.

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
MonkeyBear:

Wow guys great tourney, I would come back anytime!

Cao: first always first always first unless in Canada :D thanks for accepting us in the melbourne scene!
Dekar: good **** in teams, but im sad that you went marth. double jiggs ftw
Tak: nice fox mang: cool emo?
Chris: Amazing yl, i'm making YL my new main
Toshi: good friendliess M2 in low tier pwns :D
Blazey: good seeing you! great job in teams, too good for me!
Redact: your falco is amazing, sry for ghey counter pick in singles ><
Forte: starcraft asap? great games!
Timic: thanks for coming :)
cobalt: gj in crew, didn't get to play you though
Mikul: sry for teh shiek, great peach!
to everyone else including Hcore falcon mains everywhere good games :)

what an awesome tourney, I'm looking forward to my next trip to melbourne!

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Wow.

I have dubbed The 3 C's! - Cobalt, Chris, Cao - Dominant players of the smash scene xD

Cobalt: Too bad you got lost, you would have done so well too, maybe at Rocky eh? VCE!
Cao: Disappointed me, I remember a time when I said Marth dittos are an indication of how much you're going to get as an enter, that means Dekar = 99.95? zomg. Didn't play you much either. Oh well.
Chris: Man your YL is so awesome, but your fox needs work I wasn't trying *cough* *cough*

The fourth C:

MonkeyBear: Awesome games, and yes we will have SC asap =) Contact me on msn or something =)
Vash: Your jiggly is amazing, rollout owned me in crews rofl
BlackShadow: Wow, you're pretty amazing considering you live so far from the melee scenes >< Your gdorf is awesome, just don't get shined xD

The rest:

Dekar: Stop failing, geeze. Imo give up on marth. Oh well next time try and you might win yeah?
Tak: Lol, emo is emo, no need to apologise about it.
Toshi: Geeze, your M2 might be better than mine, let's ditto next time xD
Mikul: Too bad you had to leave early, gl next time
Bryan: Gl for uni!
Redact: Despite not playing the game, you're still good =)
Blazey: Tennis more! Gw with your falco, gotten way better than I last remembered.
Sam: What bad luck eh? Sorry about your fine and waking you up so early in the morning. I'll be nice to your family in return k?

All: I played pretty poorly in the tourney, looking forward to next time xD

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
TIME FOR EPIC COMEBACK INTO SCENE GUYZ CALM DOWN

ok shoutout time
everyone: you only beat me because i haven't got tech skill/ hands were cold/ dekars controller is bad
cao: you beat me legitimately though

ok now who wants to smash on wed or friday? or on the weekend? im gonna learn samus because no one else plays samus, and missile cancel is the same as short hop lazer? yeh im on it like a bonnet GET IT GET IT HAHAHAH IM SO FUNNY CAPTAIN GENIUS AMAZING PUN-MAKER

ps: seriously i want to play someone during the week even if its only after uni, ill learn to play again by next monthly then ill beat you all using samus

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Getting owned by essays.
D:

But apart from that, Bendigo holding some crappy Smash thing in a fortnight bought me back here. I should really come down to one of these future Melee things so you guys can take my money.

xD

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Hey guys, was a great tourney and it was really fun to play against so many people =)
Low tier finals were some of the most epic and bs things I've ever seen, and the first time in melee that I have seen the 7 min timer go out in an Australian melee game haha. Thanks to Cao for making the finals so epic and and insane challenge!

Anyway, mini-shoutouts

Cao: As people tell you, you are too good! The amount of pressure you are able to continuously put on me is really great to see, and I hope I can get better and better so I can be more of a challenge to you! Oh and also, your Ness is just too good, I think you deserved the win!

Dekar: I have no idea how my YL was doing well against your marth previously, because I know that you are the better melee player haha. But once you pulled out your jiggly, it was no hope for me! Great fun games, (sorry for the projectile spam) and I hope to play you more in the future =P [As long as it isn't g&w in brawl hehe]

Monkeybear: I think this was your nick? >.< Anyway, had some really great intense games with you, you were pulling off some epic ledgegaurds and combos on me and made me really fear fair haha. The brinstar counter really destroyed me haha, but yeah really fun matches =)

Bryan: I know I've said this before, but your peach is getting really good! Sometimes you just pull out some random awesome combo and pwn me/others. Hope you can keep on improving as I'm sure you will =D

Forte: Good matches haha, your characters own me in terms of tech skill! However, work on your dragoons, you need better spacing, and don't blame it on the lag hahaha =P Just admit that terran is the better race! (Also canadians playme in sc also hehe)

Vash/Shadow: I didn't really play you guys too much, but you guys scared the hell out of me in teams. Jiggly resting my falcon's knee...wth! And ganon edgeguarding me so well even though he has crappy revoering haha, I'm glad I didn't have to face jiggly or ganon in singles or else I would have been torn apart haha

Tak: Hahaha, I don't know why but I was getting ***** by your fox by the end of the day. Let's keep up our fox dittos so we can both get better =)

Anyway, overall I was really thankfull to play so many different players/characters. Everything seemed really new to me and it was a great experience! The in game melee tourney feeling surprised me in the similarity to the feeling I get while playing brawl in tourneys which is a great thing. So yeah, hope to see/play you guys more often!

And redact, If I'm free I'll play you =)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ill have sometime at mine since i have deks controller/ might get my white one back
when on wed? day? after school time? or does someone want another day?
keen to play more than once :p

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
me and chris will be there on wednesday right?

I finish school around 12:40 lol

:)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
no school on wednesday for me, i'll be there round lunch also
i suggest have lunch before you go so we don't all rock up hungry =p

samus, oh noez more floaties, jiggs and peach and now samus.. young link is also kinda floaty unorthodox unique like... floaties are boring and lame but looks like they're the best ey

happyface

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
kk its cut off at forte dookar chris, cant take to many more, rock up whenever since ill be home anytime
99 kenmare st mont albert north
google maps it or something, my phones not worky atm so :p

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
That was an epic tourney! Really great to meet and play against you guys. The trip all the way from Mt. Gambier was definitely worth it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
melee at my house on saturday anyone interested?

or redact's new mansion
or vincent's mansion w/e
or chris's hauze =)

discuss

perhaps sunday

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I will if it's on Saturday
Post Details here or message me when you work them out, my computer is ****ed so i can't check Steam or MSN

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Last Month's Reults:

Singles:
1. CAOTIC
2. Dekar
3. Amaterasu
4. Monkeybear (Canada)
5. Redact
5. Vash (Canada)
7. Forte
7. Tak
9. Blackshadow (South Australia)
9. Mikul
9. Toshi
9. Timic
13. Bryan
13. K-Man
13. Mojo
13. Mystwalker

Teams:
1. The Rest (Dekar + Vash)
2. CAOTIC + Blazey
3. Mad Sex (Monkeybear + Blackshadow)
4. Redact + Mikul
5. Forte + Amaterasu
5. Mystwalker + Timic
7. Bryan + Ness
7. Toshi + Rob

Low Tier:
1. Amaterasu
2. CAOTIC
3. Dekar
4. Vash
5. Blackshadow
5. Tak
7. Monkeybear
7. Mikul
9. Redact
9. Sam
9. Forte
9. Toshi
13. Blazey
13. Timic

Asians vs. White people crew battle... (Asians had a Peach ban against CAOTIC)
Result: Asia got *****.

June 6 tournament details to come soon - at a new room @ the Convent Grounds!!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i plan to apply for a job at **** smith electronics
sometime (prob never cbf lol)

i do intend to buy sennheiser hd201 headphones tomorow = D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom