• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory Screen

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
This. Times. A million. I hate the victory screen, it's bland as a piece of paper. No, paper has lines.

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
I absolutely HATE the results screen. It seems so unprofessional, seeing as how it's just a black void.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I absolutely HATE the results screen. It seems so unprofessional, seeing as how it's just a black void.
I'm going to assume that it was another attempt to "be like Melee"? (Unless there is another reason.)

To me, this was an aesthetic that Smash 64 and Brawl got right. Melee toned a lot of that down for whatever reason. Even character entrances, which were awesome in 64 and Brawl. Cool aesthetic features that I would be upsetting to lose.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to assume that it was another attempt to "be like Melee"? (Unless there is another reason.)

To me, this was an aesthetic that Smash 64 and Brawl got right. Melee toned a lot of that down for whatever reason. Even character entrances, which were awesome in 64 and Brawl. Cool aesthetic features that I would be upsetting to lose.
I like what Brawl and 64 did, but I love what Melee did as well. They took a more simple, streamlined approach, and I think it really works. The problem with PM is that it's somewhere in between those two styles.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
^ A fair opinion.

Truthfully, I like aesthetics, and i think Brawl got that down better than Melee did (though you can also attribute that sort of thing to graphic limitations and such). But then again, that's how I like PM in general, being a mix of both Brawl and Melee (this coming from a guy who prefers PM and Brawl to Melee).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That might just be a coloring error with the capture device.
I think it is, because the results screen isn't actually an empty black void. It's a floor and sky that are both painted black, so they are separate pieces of the model.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
The biggest reason why the black screen doesn't work in brawl is because the other characters are standing right behind the winner, which how suggests a 3d field and depth, whereas in melee the other opponents were only shown in the boxes.

Here, it looks like everyone is standing in a beta room which never got finished.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
The biggest reason why the black screen doesn't work in brawl is because the other characters are standing right behind the winner, which how suggests a 3d field and depth, whereas in melee the other opponents were only shown in the boxes.

Here, it looks like everyone is standing in a beta room which never got finished.
Ayup.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
You know how in the Project M opening everyone's standing in the room before you face Tabuu? A results screen based on that area could work and could complement the purple color scheme they've chosen.

Because in Brawl, if I recall correctly, the results screen was based on the cliff in the opening. Am I wrong on that?

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
Yea I noticed the slight change too. Unfortunately its very minor and doesn't really have much flavour. We can make out the floor now? lol

jalued

Smash Lord
Guys get this
What if like
Guys
Listen
Guys what if like
The results screen was on the stage you just played
PMBR get on it
And don't give me that "impossible" horse**** either, we all know you've done more magical things in the past

Quoting so people don't forget this idea.

If it was possible, I 110% support

Kati

Smash Lord
There appears to be a new lighting effect or something on the floor. And yes, there is a dark grey texture being used for one of the floor pictures now (kusa01 64x64 to be specific).

Vashimus

Smash Master
Having the victory screen on the stage just played reminds me too much of PS All-Atars. I want to forget PS All Stars.

Top Bottom