• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video footage of Ness's move set.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I made this video for a friend and thought the rest of you would like to see it. This video just shows Ness's move set in Brawl as well as a comparison of Ness's absorption vs Lucas's. During that comparison I make sure to kill Wolf after each laser to remove the chance of diminishing damage.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai8T74ii7AY

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. So not only can Lucas' PSI Magnet be used as an attack, but it also heals roughly 50% more than Ness'. I think Ness definitely got the short end of the stick on that move.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. So not only can Lucas' PSI Magnet be used as an attack, but it also heals roughly 50% more than Ness'. I think Ness definitely got the short end of the stick on that move.
But Ness' defends both sides, and given how much less lag it has seems to be very useful for what its primary function is...defense. I prefer it to Lucas', i have other ways to attack and the 50% increase in heal is hardly enough to compensate that it only covers 50% of Ness'.

and thanx to Hitaku for doing this

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Nicely done! You forgot his ftilt and Uair though! XD

It would also have been cool if you'd hit with the very tip of the bat rather than the middle to compare.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
But Ness' defends both sides, and given how much less lag it has seems to be very useful for what its primary function is...defense. I prefer it to Lucas', i have other ways to attack and the 50% increase in heal is hardly enough to compensate that it only covers 50% of Ness'.

and thanx to Hitaku for doing this
If Lucas gets hit from behind by an energy projectile during PSI magnet, he just turns around and absorbs it.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much for doing this, you did a great job showing the moves functions and how they were changed.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
If Lucas gets hit from behind by an energy projectile during PSI magnet, he just turns around and absorbs it.
did not know that, thanx for the info. I been concentrating on Ness more than Lucas though.

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
So Lucas' PSI Magnet comes out quicker(?), has damage potential, covers both sides of him, and heals more?

That's a bit... stupid.

They should've kept a little balance between the two.

OR I AM NOT PAYING GOOD ENOUGH ATTENTION
That's what it's sounding like to me. But hey, if you get hit by powerful energy attacks from both sides at the exact same time, only Ness will be able to absorb both of them!

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
That's what it's sounding like to me. But hey, if you get hit by powerful energy attacks from both sides at the exact same time, only Ness will be able to absorb both of them!
An absurd situation, but a viable point nonetheless!

It's a fair tradeoff for how awesome his PK Fire and PK thunder 2 are.
Yeah, that's true.

HOORAY FOR PILLAR

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Actually, on a more viable note, I don't think Lucas would be able to absorb a direct hit from something like the Halberd's laser, or the beams on Spear Pillar.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Nicely done! You forgot his ftilt and Uair though! XD

It would also have been cool if you'd hit with the very tip of the bat rather than the middle to compare.
Lol, this is very true. I blame it on the fact that I made it directly after waking up. XD

Happy you all can make use of this.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Lucas seems like a completely different character from Ness. Like people who main Lucas might not also be good with Ness.

Looks like I was mistaken. It seems Lucas's PK Thunder has quite a bit of hit stun.

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Ness is not his 64 self. He's just a better version of his Melee Counterpart. Just remember to take advantage of his movement more. Thats my guide and a half

Ademisk

Smash Champion
That's your guide...and a half? It was a sentence. That's not even advice, let alone a guide. He's nothing like 64 OR Melee. Seriously, play Brawl or don't make assumptions.

Top Bottom