• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Games Blog - Games That Could Have Been Better: Super Smash Bros. Melee

Wuss

Smash Champion
Don't all fighting games suck until you know how to play them? That is a dumb argument. I just don't remember the boring times when I didn't know how to play 64, cause i was like 10. I only remember the fun tiemz afterwards.

Clearly this article is just mainly based on the fact that he sucks at the game. Melee has a much larger capacity towards competitive play than 64, and therefore a better game, albeit harder to learn.

I wouldn't have DMC3 or Ninja Gaiden as my favorite other games if they didn't have some sort of learning curve and you could just mash buttons like in God of War and just kill everything. Difficulty is no reason to not like a game, unless the target audience of the game is 5 year olds/*******/retarded7year olds. And I'm pretty sure Melee was for an older crowd than 64 and brawl. Melee was made for the kids who grew up on 64. Brawl is a new game for the new kids
never thought about the games that way (last paragraph). I think I like that.

btw, that guy sucks. he sucks things that will get censored if I talk about them.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I actually feel bad for the reviewer; the whole of Melee just flew RIGHT over their head. ):

Well, at least it wasn't flat-out BASHING the game, so I can live with something like this. Submit a few other clashing opinions without flaming, and it's all good.

Melee for life.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Wow, i really wish i could have gotten 404, because after reading that post, i threw up in my mouth.

"One of the biggest problems with Smash Bros. Melee was the level designs. The battle areas in Melee are nice and detailed, and that’s the problem"

Okay my 12 year old cousin, who complains about everything that goes wrong, didn't even complain about the backrounds distracting him as he played. Shadow Moses in Brawl - big *** metal gear in the backround, for the sake of the argument, that is pretty distracting. Pokemon stadium 2 in brawl has more things going on than in Pokemon stadium 1. and....Warioware??? give me an effing break. But seriously, wait noob, in his/her right mind would blame the effing backround as the reason they got 4 stocked by bowser? That is by far the worst complaint i have ever heard in my life. That's like playing gears of war and saying "you kept moving while i was trying to shoot you! i hate this game for letting people evade!" Who is this critic, i'm going to break his knees

"It always seem cheap, to me anyway, when a level has the highest kill count in a multiplayer brawler type game."

There is a simple way to avoid this, don't choose the stage dumbarse

"These types of changes are pretty much meant to balance out attributes between all of the characters, but it’s very annoying that the character’s fighting styles would be changed so drastically to the point where they almost seem like a different character all together"

Yeah I TOTALLY AGREE....wait...you are talking about melee? <_<;
True, my opinion is biased, i have not played the first SSB, but i don't see the point in making this statement if the dimensions of a specific character are changed in EVERY GAME. Do I really have to explain the attack ability changes for SSB 64 to Melee, and from Melee to Brawl? That is the problem with this whole post, it's totally absurd in nearly every way, shape, or form, utterly unnecessary. If all of the "problems" were fixed then the in the sequel, or better in the prequel, why is this not 404'ed?

- sorry for rant, this really got to me XD

Top Bottom