• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video of the Ice Climbers Infinite Chain Grabbing Every Character!

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Parkas of Fury: An Ice Climbers Chain Grab Video
Ice Climbers chain grabbing every character in Super Smash Bros Brawl from 0-death.

Game Play by: Sorto

Video Editing by: F-haru & Polak

Music:
Tetris- 2PM
Snow Cone Heaven- OC Remix
Fever- Dr.Mario
Katamari on the Rocks- Yu Miyake

*Due to rendering difficulties with the editing program we used, the video may occasionally skip or freeze at certain points. This issue occurs mainly during the intro.

Anyways Enjoy!!!
Video Link: http://vimeo.com/4534483 (sorry the video is approx 15 min and is too large for youtube)

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
First off thank you for the nice feedback so far
Random Questions-
*Anyone know a site where I can setup a good download link?
*And I was wondering what people would think of a chain grab video of me doing 0 -999% on some character. Not totally sure who yet. Just from messing around and getting characters up to 300%, I am pretty sure this video would be under 3 minutes, so it wouldn't be too long or torturous to watch.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Good **** sorto , I'd recomend this video to anyone that has trouble grabbing certain characters.
Visuals are always nice :p

Prawn

Smash Master
My friend sitting next to me still believes olimar can't be chaingrabbed even though I showed him the video. haha

nice work!

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm glad to finally see how character's like ROB and Jigglypuff can be CG'd. I bet they're very difficult to master.
Jiggly is just very quick, like G&w or kirby kinda (just faster).
Robs timing just feels very unnatural. But once you have it going, it isn't too bad.
The ones I actually find hardest are Ganondorf and Snake.

My friend sitting next to me still believes olimar can't be chaingrabbed even though I showed him the video. haha

nice work!
Thanks dude. Well as you can tell, the whole point of the video is to show that everyone can be chaingrabbed. Haha. Oh yea, and Olimar is actually one of the characters I find easiest to chaingrab and I believe most players would agree with me on that (you can even chain him to like 30 or 40 with a solo IC I think, so Oli is never safe).

lain

Smash Master
Who the **** thinks [x] character can't be cg'd? lmfao.

*And I was wondering what people would think of a chain grab video of me doing 0 -999% on some character. Not totally sure who yet. Just from messing around and getting characters up to 300%, I am pretty sure this video would be under 3 minutes, so it wouldn't be too long or torturous to watch.
I mean, what is there to think? It's just cg'ing someone to 999%, it doesn't mean anything in actual competitive play. You have to cg up to 80-100% to kill someone.

It would be like in melee if you showed us you can shine someone against the wall to 999% lolll.

Your video is alright. It does show certain visual cues, but it's showing specific cg's. I don't want people to think it's the best way to cg or anything, there is no best way to cg. Does anyone get what I'm saying? lol.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Who the **** thinks [x] character can't be cg'd? lmfao.

I mean, what is there to think? It's just cg'ing someone to 999%, it doesn't mean anything in actual competitive play. You have to cg up to 80-100% to kill someone.

It would be like in melee if you showed us you can shine someone against the wall to 999% lolll.

Your video is alright. It does show certain visual cues, but it's showing specific cg's. I don't want people to think it's the best way to cg or anything, there is no best way to cg. Does anyone get what I'm saying? lol.

Cg the way you want as long as
A) You have a cg that works on platforms(doesnt have to be the same as usual, just learn one specifically for that)
B) You can cg fast enough so that button mashing aint a proble
C) Its unescapable, AKA no footstool to ice block or dthrow to fair to ice block.

Also lain, doubles ics cant be cged together infinitely XD
But yeah, you can still desynch run in upthrow with first ics grab with second and cg as fast as you possibly can.

swordgard

Smash Hero
... I never said IC can be infinited. lol. What am I? A ******?

I only took your every word to the letter XD (you basically said insert ____ character, well ics dont fit that XD ) even though i know very well you know.

Btw, are you going to genesis?

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
hmm.. is down throw guaranteed even at high percentages like forward throw and back throw.

Wow, the seeing the IC get CGed by DDD just brought warm fuzzies to my heart.

Lots and lots of acronyms!

Top Bottom