• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video of USA and JPN voice differences that I made.

Sythe

Smash Rookie
I can't believe that Nintendo decided to leave out a Japanese language option in brawl. It's just pure laziness on their part.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Nice! Do the victories please <3

I'm actually starting to like the English voices more. MK's Japanese voice is still a tad cooler.

Thino

Smash Master
finally except for Ike and Pit , the US VA are acceptable .
still that faco's "personally I prefer the air"

Id kill for a Japanese Ike

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
finally except for Ike and Pit , the US VA are acceptable .
still that faco's "personally I prefer the air"

Id kill for a Japanese Ike
If you ever need help on killing for a Japanese Ike voicing, tell me.

I would have liked to have also Meta Knight's Japanese voice, and also Fox's. Heh... Sonic too.

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
PT is still ****ing strange for me
Pit is annoying as hell
I LOVED fox's voice in the japan version :_ (LANDOMASTAAAAA)
I can live with falco, wolf and MK
I love jigs, so pink as always
Ike...just...why...
Sonic isn't that different

Waddle Kee

Smash Rookie
It's pretty obvious that almost all the voices are different because it's different languages. I somehow like Pit's voice better in Japanese.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
The Japanese voices are so much better than the English voices. Fox sounds cooler when he says "LANDOMASTA!" and Jiggly's voices sounds so much cuter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Japanese voices are so much better than the English voices. Fox sounds cooler when he says "LANDOMASTA!" and Jiggly's voices sounds so much cuter.
RANDOMASUTAAAAAAAAA! is indeed better. I wish that Jim had put in some more feeling for that, but he still does a good job as Fox. As for Purin's voice, it is indeed cuter than Jigglypuff's, but both are suitable.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Imo:

StarFurries in English (TMNT 2003 Voice Actors, right? There're so good!)
MK in Japanese (more Emotions)
Ike in Japanese (more Emotions)
Snake in English (David is the perfect Snake)
Sonic in Japanese (no doubt, not so arrogant like the Original Sonic)
Pit in Japanese (Takayama is just perfect)
Trainer in Japanese (more Emotions)
Jiggly in Japanese (just cuter)

That would be the perfect game for me.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Imo:

StarFurries in English (TMNT 2003 Voice Actors, right? There're so good!)
MK in Japanese (more Emotions)
Ike in Japanese (more Emotions)
Snake in English (David is the perfect Snake)
Sonic in Japanese (no doubt, not so arrogant like the Original Sonic)
Pit in Japanese (Takayama is just perfect)
Trainer in Japanese (more Emotions)
Jiggly in Japanese (just cuter)

That would be the perfect game for me.
I agree with all of that except for I would put Sonic and MK in english.

I think I'm one of the only few people on the planet that likes Sonic's english voice.
As for MK, in english I can laugh with my friends about how similar Darth Vader and MK sound. If it was in Japanese then that joke wouldn't exist. :ohwell:

Best101

Smash Ace
Metaknight's voice is fine to me as well as Snake's, Sonic's, Falco's, Fox's, and Wolf's. Am I the only one who thinks the English voices are good?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Man, all of the Japanese voices are better in my opinion. Snake and MK's are tolerable, but the rest are just torture.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I miss "NENENENENENENENENENENE".

If I could put that and his up taunt in the US version, I'd be happy.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't call most of the Japanese voices more emotive--especially not Ike's. We're unaccustomed to hearing Japanese, so it sounds different, cooler. But really, listen to him. It's really about the same, save for pitch. (The deeper tone makes him sound cooler in Japanese.)

While their voices might not match their characters, Falco and Wolf definitely have more personality in their English voices.

couldntmakeaname

Smash Cadet
Meh, I maay get around to victories later, but I doubt it. I don't want to go into both games, get all the numbers and select the right character (cause I can't tell what character is selected in the Japanese version cause, well, it's in Japanese). But most likely no.

couldntmakeaname

Smash Cadet
I find the Japanese voices suit the character more, but when listening to the American ones, it just sounds like what it is, some random dude in a sound booth making noises.

FlareAlchemist

Smash Cadet
I find the Japanese voices suit the character more, but when listening to the American ones, it just sounds like what it is, some random dude in a sound booth making noises.
Honestly, I think that's just subconscious favoritism, because if you listen to the Japanese audio and think the same way, it'll feel like they're just in booths making noises too.

I honestly hadn't paid much attention to the Japanese Pokemon trainer's voice, but now that I listen to them side by side, I'm leaning more towards the English one. The trainer looks too old to have that voice. I understand that Japanese voices tend to be like that, but usually once they hit their early teens, which this guy looks like he should be in, it sounds a little different

My feelings for MK is mixed. I like all of the English audio except his neutral a combo. Japanese is better there. The English one is tolerable though.

Sonic sounds exactly alike either way, so I prefer English just because it's my native tongue.

Jiggs is Jiggs to me, not Purin so I'd rather have English.

Fox's and Wolf's jp voices are better, so is Falco, but personally I prefer the air so English.

Both of Pit's are equally annoying sometimes and good other times so either.

Ike is mostly English because I've gotten used to him as my main, but Dai Tenchu takes the cake.

Snake is good either way but he has this stupid little "teenaged girl spoiled brat" accent at the end of his sentences in the english dub.

Aaaaaaaaand lucario's good either way.

couldntmakeaname

Smash Cadet
Lol, I know it's random people in booths for both versions, just the Japanese ones seem to suit the character more. Even in Anime as well.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why... but my solution to Pit's annoying English voice was to mentally translate them all into Jack Nicholson's voice, and lines from his various movies. For instance, Pit's most common victory quote is "You can't handle the truth!" and all of his attack moves are pulled straight from The Shining.

...yeah...I'm a little strange...

But at least I don't find Metaknight sexy... like some of the people I live with. (All I need to do is side or down taunt with him and one of my opponents gets very distracted.)

Hion64

Smash Rookie
Nice job on these videos. Ike's English voicing doesn't hold a candle to the Japanese version.

Device

Smash Cadet
"I fight for my friends..." That always cracks me up. He just sounds so dumb, silly Ike.

But all in all, I think they did a good job with the english ones, unlike a lot of games and such.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Ike's ENglish and Japanese voice are almost similiar for certain sound effects...

Sonic's like...Jason and his Japanese counterpart could've switch around XD

and I'll take the PT's Japanese voice any day. (Unless it's Veronica Taylor doing the PT's role)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I wanted to hear the difference in Lucarios grunts. I thought he sounded sinister in Japanese version.

Top Bottom