• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
is it still possible to vote another video into the all of fame?
the first one of this and the first match of the grand finals between green ace and fatal should be in there....
You can vote for Hall of Fame videos at any time!

If a video gets three or more votes from someone who is not the poster, I'll put it up.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I saw the game 11 (random first game I watched). And you shouldve got *****, because you used so many laggy moves against diddy. And then in game 12. you ***** because you used nearly no laggy moves against diddy. Some tips I can give you are: Jump Cancel toss the bananas to set up a grab if they are hard to get, and help get KO's., down throw a banana to uair, nair or bair to shield poke. It's a good approach and if they run in a certain direction your fast aerial speed can chase em. And lastly, if there is a banana right AT the ledge, when are grabbing it. you can jump and press R and throw the banana without any lag with A or the c stick.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Vs. Mario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgl91MExig

Huge mess up in the end...
it's about time i saw the other good midwest yoshi's stuff!!! whoo! imma watch it now and see if i can learn anything from it...
edit: good match, but sorry about the ending.. =\
i actually have some critiquing comments about the match though...
1) use ECE!!! great way to build damage as you harass your opponent from the ledge
2) i'm not sure if you didn't mean to use egg roll that much, but try to keep it to a minimum
3) try to utilt some in places where you could use ftilt; it puts the opponent in a great spot to punish with a pivot grab

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno

SOVAman

Smash Hero

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Nice job getting 3rd. That Kirbycide --> footstool sucked dude, haha. Not to mention he footstooled you in the first one, too. Also, I thought I'd point that match 3 vs. Poyo/Bolt was with a Diddy and MK, not Kirby. It's mislabeled on youtube, too.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
D-Torr (Yoshi) vs (Ganondorf)
D-Torr (Yoshi) vs (Lucas)
D-Torr (Yoshi) vs (Diddy)

I finally have vids up :)

These vids are from wifi as I was doing the AllisBrawl Ladder this weekend because I was bored and I just wanted to play. WiFi still sucks, so it's fine to not take too much into it. I was able to put up the vids by sending my replay data to MistoRoboto since I don't have a recording device. He then helped me put in my YouTube account. Well, I hope you enjoy!!!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
D

Deleted member

Pretty good polt, i like it.

A few things i see with a LOT of yoshis(this is a general thing though) is that they seem to treat the game like a series of options. Space bair here, camp here, etc. It isnt! Especially with a low tier, we NEED to be unpredictable, and spontaneous. Take risks, run behind and pivot grab if they keep spotdodging, take rediculously unorthodox methods of edge guarding.

Dooo ittt

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Pretty good polt, i like it.

A few things i see with a LOT of yoshis(this is a general thing though) is that they seem to treat the game like a series of options. Space bair here, camp here, etc. It isnt! Especially with a low tier, we NEED to be unpredictable, and spontaneous. Take risks, run behind and pivot grab if they keep spotdodging, take rediculously unorthodox methods of edge guarding.

Dooo ittt
Words of truth right there. You gotta be creative in your style.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, my main playstyle is to be unpredictable, but with King Dedede it's hard since you are forced to change your playstyle to "don't get grabbed." =/

Trust me, in other matches my Yoshi is a bit crazy. XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I was scared to get too close to him. Did you notice my extreme egg-spamming? That was why I counterpicked Norfair, and thankfully it worked. XD

We need to have a Yoshi vs. King Dedede match-up thread. That can help me a ton since King Dedede is very popular down here in Florida. >.>

Metatitan

Smash Master
pivot grab is more about if he tries to approach u, there really isnt that much danger in it. ur bairs were probly riskier

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Fellow Yoshis. I bring more vids!
Part 1 vs. Zelda:

There were a few times (like 5:37) when you went for a dash grab while Zelda was using Din's Fire. If you use dash attack, it'll cancel the fire out (at least the initial hitbox of dash attack), and you can counterattack before Zelda can. When you're in the air, nair's reliable at canceling out Din's Fire (bair can cancel it too, though it's trickier, since the hitbox has to be out). Avoid airdodging into/landing on a grounded Zelda; you're begging to get upsmashed (2:16, 3:26, 4:14). Similarly, the nair at 0:48 was really risky, even though it worked. You had a nice fair bait for the kill at 8:22.

Part 2 vs. Zelda

Another good airdodge bait with the egg for the kill at 1:00 (you had one in the first match too). I would have waited for Zelda to approach you at 1:16, instead of going out to her. You had the lead, so she'd have to approach you eventually, and I don't think Din's Fire can hit you if you just stand in the corner, in spite of its stupidly huge hitbox. WHY did you try to roll behind Zelda's dtilts at 1:46? It worked, but it was so risky.

Is that backthrow cg guaranteed at low percentages? I never thought of that.

Nice job on winning the set.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm bringing King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Snake back soon. Don't worry.

I'll have the previous two matchup threads linked in the meantime.

P.S. - The first two matchup threads are now linked in the OP of the matchup list for your convenience.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Just as an update, got 4th in a tournament today. Got the results posted on the threads (wish I could have done better but I got a horrible placement in the bracket and I had to go against all of my crew members who know how to play against me very well in a row but whatever; more points for Yoshi).

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Just as an update, got 4th in a tournament today. Got the results posted on the threads (wish I could have done better but I got a horrible placement in the bracket and I had to go against all of my crew members who know how to play against me very well in a row but whatever; more points for Yoshi).
Nice job, but there is a "Yoshi Tournament Results" thread, so you can tell us there, rather than in the video thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188787 (as a heads up, lil b is quite strict about the format)

auroreon

Smash Ace
Scatz man, I love your Yoshi!
Your playstyle is so much like mine, except you are better at DIing kill moves than me... thats some sick survival skillz!
Your spacing for fairs is excellent, and you use every move so well. The only critisisms I have is; you roll towards the opponant, which is bad for most chars even without Yoshis abysmal roll. Oh and, just a little peeve I have with most players... why do you charge smashes!? Seriously, who gets caught in charged smashes? Also, wheres the pivot grabs?
Lol @ $1 MMs, not much of a gambler eh?

Most impressive Yoshi vids I've ever seen. Keep up the good work, you is mah favourite Yoshi main! (don't tell the others, shhh).

bigman40

Smash Master
Scatz man, I love your Yoshi!
Your playstyle is so much like mine, except you are better at DIing kill moves than me... thats some sick survival skillz!
Your spacing for fairs is excellent, and you use every move so well. The only critisisms I have is; you roll towards the opponant, which is bad for most chars even without Yoshis abysmal roll. Oh and, just a little peeve I have with most players... why do you charge smashes!? Seriously, who gets caught in charged smashes? Also, wheres the pivot grabs?
Lol @ $1 MMs, not much of a gambler eh?

Most impressive Yoshi vids I've ever seen. Keep up the good work, you is mah favourite Yoshi main! (don't tell the others, shhh).
Heh thx. Charged smashes came from a little Melee video (Silent Spectre). I like to use it sometimes to try to just catch them off gaurd as it's not something people normally expect. My pivot grabs aren't good since I've had to find the right button that allows me to do it decently well. I just like testing different, random things that might work.

And for the MM, I'm not a gambler atm cause I have to keep my money up. The economy here isn't good atm, and I need to keep as much money as I can.

Top Bottom