• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nope, i never used it as an attacking move, only to get to the ledge and to bomb cancel

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^^^ This is what I did, but I used it even less. I use to only use it maybe once an entire set, but im slowly starting to use it even more. About once a game now. (Unless im at YI, LC, or DP that is)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
i liked at the end where you both just ran back and forth for 5 seconds lol

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
First of all, you need to get your spacing better. A good deal of the punishments began from bad spacing, and normally if you're not going to space an opponent, you want to be traveling so that you can move away after your attack is done. If you end up passing Pika, then keep going as it allows you to get a better chance of not being hit by moves as bad as you took.

The amount of Bairs you were using were far too much against an agile character such as Pika. Use less Bairs, but mix in other moves to keep your spacing against him so he isn't able to rush in and ****.

Better DI. Most moves Pika has is going to send you upward with the exception of Fsmash, SS Thunder, and Nair. Getting hit by Thunder is annoying as **** when it punishes you for momentum canceling (with improper DI).

As Delta said, stay grounded more. You were far too much in the air, and you took tons of damage for that. Also, your egglays need better precision (but I'm sure it was probably an off day from the looks of it).

You played more grounded 2nd game, and it showed how much better you did. Plus, ping the Tjolts more and stop getting hit from Usmash.

Also lol @ random jab lock from side to side XD

I can see that you still have the Wifi feeling from your playstyle. A lot of the moves you did were fairly unsafe (though some weren't punished) such as dash attacking a decent amount into shields, Fsmashing when there's not a good chance it'll land (even worse when using it while opponent is at low percentage), and the rolling habits (which got you killed first stock). Overall, I would say you need to take another look at Yoshi and understand that you're using safe (quick or slow) moves to keep yourself from being open for attack.

I do know you play Wifi so I can see why your reaction time isn't doing very well. In my opinion, mess around in training mode sometimes rather than playing Wifi all the time to get used to execution skills and keeping your reactions up to speed.

From certain moments, I can tell when you were just slamming the C-stick or a button from I have no idea what reason, but you don't want to be panicking like that. This is mainly from the fact that you aren't used to brawl Yoshi and that you need to solidify basic execution skills and a core gameplay.

Keep asking questions here and learning and you'll get to where I'm talking about. :)

Well playing now will be **** near impossible. I'm out in s.korea so good connections even with lan adapter ain't happening. However there are some smashers out here. So i'll keep practicing. btw i noticed your raichu is animated does that mean people start making gifs from pkmn black/white?

Sharky

Smash Master
vs. breez (MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXDxl7-jtmk

I'm only using piss Yoshi because the Wii was hacked with Orange Yoshi when I was playing. >.>

:005:
don't throw eggs so much at mid-range, it got you punished a lot cause they were able to close ground on you while you were still throwing the egg.

don't upsmash out of grab release when they're only around 100, all that does is stale your upsmash right when you're about to want it fresh.

3:14 - lol

work on your spacing with DJC-EL and your timing with GR Upsmash

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
vs. breez (MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXDxl7-jtmk

I'm only using piss Yoshi because the Wii was hacked with Orange Yoshi when I was playing. >.>

At about 1:40, you Usmashed out of grab release when MK was at around 100%, meaning it would definitely not kill him. This stales the move unnecessarily. If you were afraid of him landing on the platform, you could have Dash attacked as well, to preserve the move. You did it again at about 5:50.

If a MK is walling Fairs at you, time it and Dash grab. It should work.

The very end was definitely an Egg Roll kill moment. I am disappoint.

Sharky

Smash Master
At about 1:40, you Usmashed out of grab release when MK was at around 100%, meaning it would definitely not kill him. This stales the move unnecessarily. If you were afraid of him landing on the platform, you could have Dash attacked as well, to preserve the move. You did it again at about 5:50.
get ninja'd

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Thanks for the feedback guys. I swear I don't normally Usmash at those kinds of %s...I was wondering WTF I was thinking when I watched that replay again. =/ I usually Usmash like, below 50, then just DA between there and KO %s. I can't believe I did that twice in one match. XD I think I dash grabbed him while he was walling at one point in the video, and it felt good; I'm gonna look for opportunities for that more often, though I've been trying to cut back on dash grabbing in the first place, so IDK...

I regret not egg rolling into him now. =[

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^^^ I agree with this man... Knight... Canadian... Whatever Firefly is, I'm not 100% sure.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Thanks for the feedback guys. I swear I don't normally Usmash at those kinds of %s...I was wondering WTF I was thinking when I watched that replay again. =/ I usually Usmash like, below 50, then just DA between there and KO %s. I can't believe I did that twice in one match. XD I think I dash grabbed him while he was walling at one point in the video, and it felt good; I'm gonna look for opportunities for that more often, though I've been trying to cut back on dash grabbing in the first place, so IDK...

I regret not egg rolling into him now. =[

Dash Grab is a good tool to use, don't cut back on it unnecessarily. It can penetrate walls pretty well.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, I know, I've just noticed that I miss them a lot. I told myself I'd cut back simply because of how often I get punished for them, but I guess it's just something I need to work on doing better.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, after reviewing all my gameplay lately, I think I've found what I need to work on most.

Everything.

Airborne

Smash Lord
I have learned that I tire myself out through excessive playing during smashfests and tournaments without taking breaks in between, leaving myself mentally fatigued beyond measure and just wanting the match to end.

I also learned that if I just experiment in training mode with everything, I leave myself more open-minded and far more unpredictable. O:

Training mode is the best mode in the game.

Veel

Smash Apprentice
I have learned that I tire myself out through excessive playing during smashfests and tournaments without taking breaks in between, leaving myself mentally fatigued beyond measure and just wanting the match to end.

I also learned that if I just experiment in training mode with everything, I leave myself more open-minded and far more unpredictable. O:

Training mode is the best mode in the game.

QFT

It makes me sad training mode does not naturally have stale moves.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Moar doubles vids.

+ breez (MK) vs. Asa (Wario) + Captain L (Pikachu)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb2YBh4otJU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEGALMZjz_g

Games 1 and 2 of a Bo3; game 3 was the one I posted earlier. We lose game 2 (loldesync)

+ breez (MK) vs. Blue Yoshi (GaW) + Karupin (Kirby)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd15wXFkLos

This was a Bo5 set, but only 1 match was saved. We won 3-0; this was game 3.

+ breez (MK) vs. Bundtcake (Kirby) + Kodokan (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjIEkvKFhk0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiorcmZaGnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvlij3nPyo (lulziest match here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcUxv8BAYks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTGXYHFiPT0

Grand Finals. The last 4 matches are one set, but only one match from the first set was recorded. We won that set 3-0 though.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nevermind. Not directed to me.

Paw (Zero Suit Samus) vs Slush (Yoshi) 1+2

Almost had him game 1, but around the time I was CP'ing I wasn't thinking straight cause of being Nervous and picked Halberd and made lots of mistakes. But after awhile I started to read how he plays, but still lost due to low ceiling and close to Blast box at end.

:320:

Sharky

Smash Master
stop being so predictable with ground pound shenanigans, every time you were in the air above a slope I could mute, close my eyes, and know what happened. That's bad.

edit: @slush

also, know when to stop throwing eggs. You got punished for that a few times, and should have been punished more.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Depends which games Sharky, My match VS JUJ, Or VS Paw.
Also I still have 0 knowledge of where to take ZSS/MK (Hell mostly everyone for that matter) too anyways. Which's why I usually ask people in tournaments what that is and always forget to jot it down in my Notebook.
Need to start actually doing this once I get some sleep and see which stages benefit Yoshi depending on the character/Stage.

:320:

Top Bottom