• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

bigman40

Smash Master
You always has something against me lol

I don't want to get judged I just want someone to acknowledge that I posted some vids and maybe watch them.
I'll watch them later tonight. I gotta do some stuff right now.

Edit: had time to watch the first match. Watch it with all the Dsmashes. You pulled out alot, and you could've gotten punished hard if they paid more attention to you.

Airborne

Smash Lord
You always has something against me lol

I don't want to get judged I just want someone to acknowledge that I posted some vids and maybe watch them.
i watched them! the GF matches anyways... i noticed you like to stand still for a while on the side of the stage. i'm not sure if it was b/c BMX was aerial camping, but seemed really awkward. =\ try to do something with that time.... like tossing eggs if you can make sure you don't pelt your teammate with any!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
@airborne: It was mostly because he was air camping and I didn't want to accidentally toss an egg at him. And in doubles I like to slow it down sometimes and try to figure out how to punish patterns.

@bigman: I did Dsmash a lot but if there not punishing it then I will keep doing it

Moozle

Smash Champion
Slice's Eggs of Steel video is still the coolest thing of Yoshi that I have ever seen. I also really enjoyed the doubles matches with Lil b.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I need to upload more, better videos of my Yoshi.

Still <3 the video of me against that Snake, though.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Slice's Eggs of Steel video is still the coolest thing of Yoshi that I have ever seen. I also really enjoyed the doubles matches with Lil b.
thx^^
but i´m currently working on a new one ;)

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I need to dump these videos off. I'm going to Genesis this summer with the guy in these videos (Johr). He's posting these videos on the IC/Fox threads for advice so I'm doing the same here. I'll just post the 7 videos of me fighting those characters. Please watch and critique anything you can think of that'll improve my Yoshi for Genesis. I do know some things by watching these so please don't say these things:
I need to stop spot dodging so much against Fox because his down-aerial is ****** me every time I do.
Stop using the down aerial when recovering because it leaves me vulnerable
Don't use the side-B (every side-B I use is a mistake)

Anyway, here are the matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SofkZDPVzrA& vs. Fox 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsk5plkSUUo& vs. Fox 2 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY9MHwCgof0& vs. Fox 3 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZTXgqT5s4I& vs. Ice Climbers 1 of 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jzuaO-ibOU& vs. Ice Climbers 2 of 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-vNyV9Blzg& vs. Ice Climbers 3 of 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kah1oV8ZvZk& vs. Ice Climbers 4 of 4

Those are all the important ones for now. Please give me feed back on these matches guys. I know you guys wanna see a Yoshi do well in Genesis so help me out.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Against Fox, I saw you try uthrow chaining, but he kept tricking you with reflector. Anytime Fox is above you, expect the reflector and compensate accordingly. Space bair. You charge in using bair in the hope that it will poke his shield or he will drop it. Instead just nick at his shield and back off. Once it does hit, then go in with the combo. This is especially important against IC's. You should never be within grabbing range unless they are currently in hitstun and you are punishing. Next time you play IC's, if he ever grabs you, suicide. If you play any IC's at Genesis, you have to assume that one grab will be death. This will help you space all your moves so you won't get punished.

Instead of trying to spotdodge Fox's dair and his followup, just shield the dair and spotdodge the followup. Be careful since eventually he will catch on and just wait for the spotdodge with a charged smash. Mix it up with shield grab and rolls. Also be wary of rolling after you shield the dair because they can punish it with usmash. On Halberd, you had the kill on Fox at around 1:05. Whenever you DJ'ed back, you should've used downb. It would've beaten him to the ledge and would've cost him a stock. This is a very dangerous move though so only use it if you know you can beat him to the ledge or have stocks to gamble with.

I like your grab game =P

Chaco

Never Logs In
Watched all the vids Lil'b. You need to ECE more. Camp that ****. Good stuff though.

Clutch, you're still **** man.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Good stuff Clutch. **** Yoshi.

YoshSSB, I'll watch your vids later. I might take a peek at lil-b's Doubles videos...

bigman40

Smash Master
Yoshi in doubles is much harder to deal with than in singles =/ Alot of Yoshi players (from vids that I've seen) do not have the kind of playstyle that works well for it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Most Yoshi's don't. Best I've see in doubles is Bwett. Bwett or Lil'b most likely. Bwett uses his astounding edge game though. Which gives him the edge in my opinion. If Lil'b would incorporate a better edge game into his doubles matches, he would be saving getting killed earlier and rack more damage. Yoshi edge camping with eggs, and bairs is hard to mess with much in doubles. Imo, at least.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Doubles is hard with Yoshi. Yoshi needs space to work with. His mid range game is amazing and his close range game is good, but with 3 other characters on the screen, I feel like he is a much harder character to use. Thanks for the compliment Chaco, but personally, I feel like my doubles performance has always been rather lackluster.

bigman40

Smash Master
Haha, I've been learning it for a good while now. It's something that truly hard for me to play normal (I normally use DR/DT more since it helps cover his spacing a tad better in close quarters). However, any Yoshi player that goes into doubles should be aware that you cannot use your same style in singles and get very far.

Bwett, when we meet, I'll show you a few things I learned from playing doubles.....wait....I think I might have a few matches saved from practicing it *goes to check Wii*

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's not just being on the ledge. There's alot to doubles than just 2 moves.
But of course, I was simply highlighting what I thought stood out in comparison of the two players.

Doubles is hard with Yoshi. Yoshi needs space to work with. His mid range game is amazing and his close range game is good, but with 3 other characters on the screen, I feel like he is a much harder character to use. Thanks for the compliment Chaco, but personally, I feel like my doubles performance has always been rather lackluster.
Exactly, and it's no problem. And lackluster? I'd say quite the opposite.

Haha, I've been learning it for a good while now. It's something that truly hard for me to play normal (I normally use DR/DT more since it helps cover his spacing a tad better in close quarters). However, any Yoshi player that goes into doubles should be aware that you cannot use your same style in singles and get very far.
You definitely can't. It's two distinct things for Yoshi. I'm more aggressive in singles, but more passive and defensive in doubles. With Yoshi, if I go anyone else it's still more aggro.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Thanks for the advice Bwett. I was considering suiciding if I got grabbed by his ICs for the same reason. I think there was something in the back of my head that was just hoping that if I went up against an IC player, then he wouldn't have practiced against a low-tier character so I'd be fine regardless, and Johr's still learning the ICs. But, I'll try the suiciding advice. It'll definitely make me space better and probably allow me to space better against his Fox as well.

About the Halberd kill, I noticed that as well after watching it. I also could have done a down-aerial after he was spiked because the fire-fox would have sent me back up and spiked him down in the process, but oh well, heh.

Thanks for the compliment on my grab game ^^ I need to pivot grab a little more but I'm getting better at it, heh.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I agree Yoshi is soooo hard in doubles. The best I can do is stock tank, and instead of going for combos, take opportune moments with fresh upair and fair and forward smash to capitalize on people's mistakes while they are fighting my partner. Completely change my game.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi is AMAZING in doubles. You guys arent doing it right :p
SD doesnt have doubles anymore which makes me sad, but he can be an AMAZING stock tank. Yoshi really doesnt die in doubles ever. You can get away with lots of double jumps you cant in singles, and you can just sit in the air and force your opponent to either get hit by you or your partner.Yoshi has good team synergy with a lot of characters too. Me and Awex took a game off perhaps the best team on the WC at winter game fest with yoshi and olimar.
Yoshi +MK is good too. I wanna try yoshi+D3, thatd be ****.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I have to actually agree with Sockz on this one. Yoshi does extremely well in doubles based on my experience, and he compliments quite a few characters really well (the best ones I can think of are King Dedede, Marth, Ness, and even himself).

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'll agree as well. I've also found that Yoshi works well with G&W, but I think G&W works well with everyone in teams, heh.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Friendlies. Nothing serious or ****. Got 3 more to upload (one of them getting me 2 stocked, but w/e)So they'll be up later.

Vs BigLou
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzPTaMd65TI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCFEeqfho_w

Vs Desu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hREfHiv0AYo (got *****, but it's w/e)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBCPfcY8usE
Dunno what you're talking about with getting *****. You had a bad last life on the Falco match but that's all. I know the release chain grab doesn't work against Falco and I'm not sure about Desu's Falco, but most of the ones that I've played, they will side-dodge to keep the chaingrab from happening so I've found that a charged dash up-smash will generally hit if you time it properly. But yeah, just a suggestion to try to add a little more mind games and maybe get a chaingrab or two to actually work if he tries to shield or delay the side-dodge to avoid the predicted up-smash.

On the Sonic match, You did the down aerial on I think his first stock and it tripped him. I've found that 99% of opponents will roll away from the edge or try to do an attack while getting up. Maybe next time that move trips at high damage (or any damage really), dash away really quickly and see what he does. If he does a get up attack, then you can dash up-smash and if he rolls toward you, you can do a down-B reversal from the ground. Yoshi's Island is kind of a bad stage for the down-B kill because of the platform but yeah whatever.

I really liked your diagonal tilt usages against the Luigi. I'll have to give that a try next time I fight one. I also loved your down-throw to down-aerial at 1:30 on the 2nd Luigi fight; very creative and effective.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Doubtedly.

I'd take hard proof over a low quality vid anyday. But still, that wouldn't make him nonviable.

EDIT: And from what I see on your boards, it's no solid yet. You don't know how to do it 100% yet.

Top Bottom