• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
G&W's fastfall is slower than his D-air fall speed, so by FASTFALLING G&W's D-air, you fall MUCH slower.

This is an unavoidable edgeguard against a lot of recoveries. If you're not doing this a lot, you doing something wrong.

Seriously G&W DESTROYS ROB's recovery so badly. ROB just simply can't defend himself against anything G&W throws at him offstage, and is floaty to the point where recovering high gets ***** massively by U-air juggles.
Yeah, I know the MU is like 90-10 G&W or something but I don't know how to play it I guess. Thanks for the tips though :bee:

Yeah, I tried to bucket break it, I don't DI when I bucket break XD, I just nair to bucket. I don't know how to place my fingers on my controller to tap DI when I'm also hitting A for the nair or B for the bucket.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
What happened to xYz's vids and stuff? I remember he was one of the best G&Ws on here, but I come back here and he seems to have fallen off the face of the smashboards or something..

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow he doesn't bair at all! o-o! I don't really know what to say? Or how I should feel about this? XD
To be honest, this G&W played pretty much exactly how I expected a G&W should play the Diddy matchup.

Lots of N-air mixups and he demonstrates very good knowledge of every autocancel when catching Bananas.

He did it CORRECTLY furthermore. =)

One of the things that most impressed me about this G&W is that he really knew when to use Up-B, and how it cancels into aerials without item tossing.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I like how the GnW had good use of the bananas. But the Diddy doesn't look all that good..

Speaking of Diddy Kong that reminds me that I honestly tried to get some videos this weekend of playing Diddy but that didn't happen. )': I'll most definitely try, though. It's honestly my only matchup I know inside and out and I really want to try and help!

NoBio

Smash Apprentice
Yes, yes it was. Should Nair be used that much in this match up though? If so I've been playing it all wrong, it's just that I find it harder to spam Nair against Diddy when compared to other characters.

~NoTrace

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Honestly, I think bair works better than nair playing Diddy's. At least with just having it out as a wall. A lot of times Diddy's try and approach and get hit by it. They will banana, you will up b and leave out a bair, they will run assuming their banana hit you or to get their banana and get hit by it. Every single time I upB to avoid a banana they run towards me. I think nair can work just as well. But I find bair walling and Upbing great for Diddy. It's totally my favorite matchup.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I honestly need to learn Frigate. :(

I love taking a Diddy to Delfino. I don't know why. I did it at Pound 4 and did really well. Then started playing friendlies and doing it left to right. Although I know some Diddy's have some good tricks on Delfino but easily avoidable. I'm going to try and shoot for it as a neutral at MLG if I come across a Diddy, though.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
dair suicides:(?
noooo,you're better than that D:

that breversal off the edge was hot

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Neb, I've updated my first post to actually be a video profile; could you perhaps include me in the first post now?

I left out my Balanced Brawl stuff, including my 1 on 1 matches. There are also some doubles and singles matches of me floating around on youtube but it was enough work formatting that post that I don't need to spend more time digging up old wifi matches x)

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
Good stuff Zac amazing vids! Just as i'm about to lose faith in GaW in singles you show these vids and make me believe in him again.

Congrats on winning Quakecon!

Quick question. How are you so good at controlling bananas? I'm terrible at it!

2-DJeff

Smash Master
What happened to xYz's vids and stuff? I remember he was one of the best G&Ws on here, but I come back here and he seems to have fallen off the face of the smashboards or something..
he plays falco more now but imma post some vids for myself after NLL brawl tourney

Laem

Smash Champion
impressive stuff zac
2 questions tho(although i probably already know the answers)
Lee doesnt know the MU does he?
There was no LGL was there?

Top Bottom